9AAA losers bracket at Cumberland

kksdad

Two very good pitchers sqaure off. Casey Teal and Stephanie Fisher allow a total of 19 runs and 26 hits. How does this happen? My theory, the field. The field is not close to being level. You stand in the batters box and you are several inches below the pitcher. A pitch that would normally be at the knees, is now right in a hitters zone. It's hard to believe this is a college field.

White House came to play. They scored 6 runs in the first three innings and had Hendersonville staring at a 6 run deficit in the middle of the 3rd. HHS battled back plating 4 in the 3rd and 5 in the 4th. WH continued to play hard and hit the ball. HHS should consider their selves very lucky to escape with the win. Final: HHS 12 White House 7.

Lavergne upset Mt. Juliet 8 - 2.

Thankfully, the teams go back to a LEVEL playing field today at Wilson Central.

Two very good pitchers sqaure off. Casey Teal and Stephanie Fisher allow a total of 19 runs and 26 hits. How does this happen? My theory, the field. The field is not close to being level. You stand in the batters box and you are several inches below the pitcher. A pitch that would normally be at the knees, is now right in a hitters zone. It's hard to believe this is a college field.

White House came to play. They scored 6 runs in the first three innings and had Hendersonville staring at a 6 run deficit in the middle of the 3rd. HHS battled back plating 4 in the 3rd and 5 in the 4th. WH continued to play hard and hit the ball. HHS should consider their selves very lucky to escape with the win. Final: HHS 12 White House 7.

Lavergne upset Mt. Juliet 8 - 2.

Thankfully, the teams go back to a LEVEL playing field today at Wilson Central.

825670481[/snapback]

Cumberland has a very good field. It doesn't appear college pitchers have any trouble pitching there.

Cumberland has a very good field.  It doesn't appear college pitchers have any trouble pitching there.

825670513[/snapback]

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good fields don't have a 2 inch lip at the edge of the dirt and are level. Cumberland does not qualify!

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good fields don't have a 2 inch lip at the edge of the dirt and are level. Cumberland does not qualify!

825670552[/snapback]

college coaches do not post on high school websites - the field was hard and not up to standards of a district tournament setting - the lip was ridiculus

Cumberland has a very good field.  It doesn't appear college pitchers have any trouble pitching there.

825670513[/snapback]

Cumberland's field was not very good, it had more of a crown in the infield than alot of football fields have! I've seen alot of parks with better fields for rec teams.

Whats wrong with Drakes Creek Park? They have some of the best facilities around here in my opinion. Well kept.

825671429[/snapback]

Try playing at Fieldstone farms in Franklin. The middle school had to play some games there. The batters box is four to six inches higher than the pitching rubber and the pitcher has to pitch up hill. Very strange. For some reason they designed all their fields so that home plate is the high point and everything slopes down toward the outfield. Not a bad idea, just too much slope. They are slow pitch fields.

Whats wrong with Drakes Creek Park? They have some of the best facilities around here in my opinion. Well kept.

825671429[/snapback]

it's not the facilities, its the umpires (according to all the visiting teams),

and thats true to a certain extent, but of course my daughter never benefitted

from the "homecooking" (lol) ;)

but I've seen a lot of other pitchers ride on it!

i haven't ever played on Cumberland's field, but i will tell you like i have always been told.. "You will never play on a field that is perfect, and you will never have an ump with a perfect strike zone, so you just have to learn to overcome that and come out on top."

im not saying that they are not capable of it, because both of those pitchers are, but when somethin like that is wrong, you just have to adapt to it. I mean what are they going to do when they go to college? Tell the coach they couldn't win the game because there was a hole in the batters box?

Other than that, i have seen many good things come from 9AAA this year! Congrats to everyone, today should be a good game! B)