What's region 4-4a got this year

anspa

i know very little about high school football anymore, so if you have any info on region 4-4a's upcoming season please feel free to post about it. try to be sober and not hype anyone up, what do the teams have comin back? what are they lacking? who are the top teams, and who are the worst?

cleveland always seems to be a top 3 team in the region and i would venture to say nothing will really be different this year. all i know is they will have a strong d, and that will usually give you atleast a 500 season or so.

as far as offense i have no idea.

so like i said i really dont know much.

would like your professional opinion.

• 3 weeks later...
i know very little about high school football anymore, so if you have any info on region 4-4a's upcoming season please feel free to post about it. try to be sober and not hype anyone up, what do the teams have comin back? what are they lacking? who are the top teams, and who are the worst?

cleveland always seems to be a top 3 team in the region and i would venture to say nothing will really be different this year. all i know is they will have a strong d, and that will usually give you atleast a 500 season or so.

as far as offense i have no idea.

so like i said i really dont know much.

would like your professional opinion.

825672761[/snapback]

Rhea Co. only lost 4 seniors on offense

and 2 on defense that started!

And from the practices that I have seen they are looking really good and can make a good run for the region title this year.

Are rival Cleveland the only thing that i don't know much about is their coach but from what i have hear they are going to be good agian this year.

Edited by Rhea Co.

• 3 weeks later...

The only thing thats a guaruntee in 4-4A is that it will be unpredictable yet again. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more complex region than this one. The worst team can beat the best on any given night but that may all change with East Ridge leaving and Walker Valley and White County joining. I know most returning 4-4A teams were hit hard by graduation, but thats pretty common in high school football i suppose.

The only thing thats a guaruntee in 4-4A is that it will be unpredictable yet again. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more complex region than this one.  The worst team can beat the best on any given night but that may all change with East Ridge leaving and Walker Valley and White County joining. I know most returning 4-4A teams were hit hard by graduation, but thats pretty common in high school football i suppose.

825693415[/snapback]

Mmm, interesting. I was worried about moving to a new region like this and not knowing anything about the natives. Hopefully we can be more competitive than we were in 5-4A.

ofcourse im going to say cleveland is going to be good but we really are. i have never seen coaching like coach wilson. im sure rhea county will also be very good along with white county who doesnt look like they are loosing many people. i really think that walker valley is in for a rude awakening and probably should have stayed 3A

Must we be quick to forget about last years region champs down in Red Bank who like most have lost maybe a max total of 5 starters off their team from graduation..Yes I am a Rhea fan but,facts are facts..This team won the region with a predominately freshman and sophmore team last season....

Red Bank --- good enough to make back to back titles

Rhea Co..--- could steal the Lions thunder returning most from last season who will remember the craziness of last years Red Bank / Rhea matchup

Cleveland---Always a Contender to win this region year in and out

Central---loaded with talent and a new coach who knows how to bring it together

Walker Valley---don't overlook these guys who won their region last year and just keep getting better

White County---Haven't seen these guys in awhile in this region..Word is that they have totally revamped the program and could cause a fuss in this region

Brainerd--Talent abundance but lack of leadership on the field

Hixson--same as Brainerd both could win region with their talent alone,but need strong leadership on the field

White County was a problem for the classification system. Last year, we were in 5-4A and our closest opponents were Tullahoma at just over an hour's drive. So we're an outlier where ever they put us, I guess.

It's nice to get to travel to all parts of the state, though. Look forward to seeing more of the Chattanooga area. :P

Edited by SpartaWarrior