REGION 6 Results

rayholt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you that listened to the game on schoolsportsradio.com I would like to thank for allowing me to stumble along and enjoy myself and also share the accounts of ten great innings of baseball.

Minor was the winning pitcher and is everything that has been said about him. A Phnom. The complete package. Congraulation go out to Forrest.

Now lets talk about Mt Pleasant.

Starting pitcher was Kyle King. Anyone have a pitch count? I'm guessing from 150 to 180 pitches thrown. In trouble I know several times during the game, once with bases loaded and no outs and pitched his way out of trouble time and again.

Kyle, your heart is bigger than you are son, you just run out of innings, that's all. Good job.

To the Mt Pleasant team. Solid defensive team that played well behind your pitcher and supported him well. Minor is tough and you did the right thing, you almost waited him out, just bad luck at the end of the game. Forrest had several chances to score, great fielding and outstanding plays at the plate kept you in the game. Kelly's tough defense behind the plate for MP helped stop two runs with tag-outs on balls hit to the outfield that were thrown in by blocking the plate.

As far as attitudes and sportsmanship went, didn't see anyone act like a jerk, no batters "BLOWING KISSES" to pitchers and nothing but team spirit and desire to win by both teams. No bat throwing, no ragging from the dugouts, just hard played ball.

The fans were great on both sides. All the talk about the rude behavior during the 12A tournament didn't show up at Forrest tonight so it appears just to be talk, that's all.

I would like to thank Dave Alberran, who helped me during the broadcast and just wished he could have stayed long enough to have seen his son Kristian score the winning run tonight.

Thanks and goodnight

Dean Johnson

www.schoolsportsradio.com

Thanks Dean. It was a lot of fun. It was definitely a great game. I got to hear the rest of the game on the radio. Those are the ones you hate to lose. Both Minor and King were great. Like I said, I had a lot of fun. Thank you for the opportunity to help call a game that both of my boy's played in, it was a moment that I will never forget.

Sincerely,

David Albarran

Edited by daa21