Aaron Everett of Loudon HS....

HiwasseeVol

and a signee of the University of Tennessee threw a complete game (11 innings) yesterday in a 1-0 win over Gibbs HS. Aaron had 20 K's in the game while throwing a 1 hitter. Aaron also scored the winning run for Loudon.

All this sounds like great news, but at what cost? 11 innings = how many game pitches + warm up pitches? Sadly some coaches just never get it.:lol:

I was wondering the same thing.

Obviously an outstanding outing. With only one hit allowed it sounds as if his pitch count would not be as high as it could be.

This is a tough one for a coach. There's no tomorrow in the first round region game. Lose and you're done. I agree that the health of the player should come first. But if he threw around 130 pitches that wouldn't seem to be too extreme.

On the other hand 150-160 pitches is way too much.

Does anyone know what his pitch count was?

If i am not mistaken, Everetts pitch count never stopped about 127. If you all have ever seen this kid work, he makes a quick out of hitters (most of the time) and he keeps his pitch count low. I guess when you throw in the 90s and upper 80s you can get away with that. Coach Thompson also has another gun in his cabinet and its not like he doesnt have the pitching to get through, im sure everett was in the game because he was assured he was good for it.

Aaron is a big strong kid and 127 would have him below 12 per inning. That is way below the average for a high school pitcher. Now add his warm up pitches each inning and before the game and the total goes 200+

Another poster reminded me of the TSSAA rule that a high school pitcher can't throw 10 innings on consecutive days, but 11 is fine in one game. :lol:

"If a player is pitching in a game that is tied at the end of regulation play, he may finish such tie game regardless of the number of innings, provided he did not pitch the previous day or the first game of a doulbe-header on the same day."

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/baseball.pdf

All his innings are legal.

825675441[/snapback]

I knew they were legal, but thought it odd the way the TSSAA can limit the number of innings one way and then can let a pitcher throw unlimited innings another.

Aaron is an outstanding player in all aspects of the game. 11 innings seems like it could be too much, but Loudon does have another pitcher that can hold his own against Seymour and maybe pitch his own complete game. That would be Justin Thompson, the guy that layed down the bunt to get Aaron home to win the game. Great game for Loudon (as long as Aaron's arm didn't get hurt) and good luck the rest of the year.

I don't care how a good a pitcher is there is no reason for having him pitch 11 inning game. Yes I agree thats was a great outing but its not worth the arm probelms that could come with it. I am speaking from experience. All throughout my Babe Ruth years I pitched two to three times a week going atleast six innings and then my freshmem year I pitch and by that time my arm was so screwed up. I had to have the tommy john surgery after my sopohmore and had to miss my sophmore and junior year due to rehab and two other elbow surgeries. Its still not 100% yet and its been almost two years. I am saying this just to let coachs know no matter how dominating a pitcher is, don't use him all up duing their high school years,especially if they're going on to college to play.