cleveland / soddy

emitreccossti

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play Mcminn(im assuming) on thursday at their place. Austin Lewis, Nic Coulter, and Grayson Estelle scored. Unfortunately Nic Coulter got a straight red card which shouldnt have been a red.

825676251[/snapback]

i wasnt there so i dont know if coulter should have gotten the red or not. im assuming that since SDdefender was there, and feels he didnt deserve it, that probably it was a very harsh call for the offense. the call may have, in fact, been a carryover call from soddy's student section. when a ref has to interrupt play to baby sit the fans, he might tighten the way the game is called in order to keep control. soddy's fans have seemed to be an issue throughout the year...the tssaa is obviously aware of this now as the ref will have to file a report as to what happened. remember that when you are over zelious in the stands, it could actually have a negative impact on the team you are supporting.

keep it clean soddy....you are a very good team and i have voiced that you should be a ranked team for most of the season....good luck and hope to see you in memphis....but please leave the daycare center in soddy.

Edited by emitreccossti

I have been to a few Soddy games and the crowd is a bit boisterous and sometimes crosses the line. (Ie saying things to the line judge or individauls on the other team)

I agree that I don't think it helps their team. It almost makes them play dirtier like they are trying to impress their classmates in the stands.

I think it is great they are showing up and supporting their team.

What happened with the red card?

The ball was near the guys waist, right on it. Coulter merely came up and tried to kick it away. The ref, who was an idiot, said he went in cleats up, but coulter swung from the right to the left

I really dont know why our fans our getting so much crap. None of the stuff they say is bad, its pretty funny. Maryvilles fans were about twice as bad as ours.

Even if it was a bad call, Nic Coulter's reputation is not in his favor. Over his career Nic has gotten the reputation for being a dirty player. The referees know who he is and even though it is unfair to him most times, it is something he has to deal with while playing soccer in the Chattanooga area simply because of what he has done in the past. It is hard to say things like that are accidents when you have been caught doing things that weren't accidents in the past. Tough break for Soddy.

The ball was near the guys waist, right on it. Coulter merely came up and tried to kick it away. The ref, who was an idiot, said he went in cleats up, but coulter swung from the right to the left

I really dont know why our fans our getting so much crap. None of the stuff they say is bad, its pretty funny. Maryvilles fans were about twice as bad as ours.

825676896[/snapback]

i have heard about the "Maryville Maniacs" and they took pride in riding the visiting team. in soddy's case, not only have i seen it...ive read about it in the chattanooga paper..more than once. i have heard fans of teams i am not in anyway associated with complain and say that they had fathers go down and sit in the area of the students. the old saying goes.."where there is smoke, there is a fire"..... there is enough smoke here to sound the fire alarm.

i know some of the parents through middle valley soccer....great people.....they are in a predicament....they welcome the support, however disapprove of the student behavior......please step up and take control. it is for the good of the sport.

as for maryville's fans being as bad as soddy's......it seems that way when they are talking trash to YOU.

c'mon soddy...you are a great team with great players...go to memphis with class. represent your region in the stands as well as the players do on the feild. i am one who has asked the rankers to look at you...all year. i am not the enemy...ok?