Sevier County High School

bo2

Yes, there have been several coaches in the program in the past couple of years, the school shows no support of the baseball team and they don't get any money. When I played there the AD came to watch us play pigeon forge and sat on there side at our home field!  They had Larry Cannon there 5 or 6 yrs. ago and he didn't want to stay because of this reason, but now he has taken the tigers to the state tourney.

825682663[/snapback]

That is sad to know. I know football has all kinds of support there. It seems at least the AD could support the program. Cannon is a good baseball coach and I hear they are doing well at state. How long has the current coach been there? And if he is as bad as you say, what does it take to get a quality coach to come to a questionable program?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is sad to know.  I know football has all kinds of support there.  It seems at least the AD could support the program.  Cannon is a good baseball coach and I hear they are doing well at state.  How long has the current coach been there?  And if he is as bad as you say, what does it take to get a quality coach to come to a questionable program?

825682748[/snapback]

For a long three years. Who knows what it would take to get a decent coach here, but if we do get a new coach hopefully it won't be a teacher from our chool because they have all tried to coaach here and our record shows how well that works.

For a long three years. Who knows what it would take to get a decent coach here, but if we do get a new coach hopefully it won't be a teacher from our chool because they have all tried to coaach here and our record shows how well that works.

825682812[/snapback]

That may give someone the idea that it isn't the coaches that aren't getting it done! I guess you should be thankful that you have had a coach longer than 1 year that hasn't given up on your team.

Being from south doyle, i saw Sevierville play twice this year and to be honest with you, the problem is the players stink. They cant hit, they cant field, they cant even run the bases with any kind of competence. I guess its easy for a coach to get frustrated when the whole team plays like a bunch of teeballers.

Its not just baseball though. the Sevier county program as a whole has been in decline in recent years, and as i said, it has a lot to do with the opening of pigeon forge.> If you havent noticed, PF has become a state contender in bball football and baseball, and with athletes that could be attending SC. Football hasn't been a state contender in a few years, once again mediocore. The girls bball team, which has long been the flagship of the school, barely fielded a team this year. And a couple girls on Huskey's team didn't even look in "playing shape."

Being from south doyle, i saw Sevierville play twice this year and to be honest with you, the problem is the players stink.  They cant hit, they cant field, they cant even run the bases with any kind of competence.  I guess its easy for a coach to get frustrated when the whole team plays like a bunch of teeballers. 

Its not just baseball though.  the Sevier county program as a whole has been in decline in recent years, and as i said, it has a lot to do with the opening of pigeon forge.>  If you havent noticed, PF has become a state contender in bball football and baseball, and with athletes that could be attending SC.  Football hasn't been a state contender in a few years, once again mediocore.  The girls bball team, which has long been the flagship of the school, barely fielded a team this year.  And a couple girls on Huskey's team didn't even look in "playing shape."

825683174[/snapback]

The coaches give up before the season starts. He is only there get paid. As for the South Doyle kid that did so great this year(dzbettin), You guys beat us by 3 this year so what does that say about the ol cherokees? Besides, the only player S.D. had was Cody Haun. Great job in district too. I enjoyed watchin Faraggut beat you twice. :ph34r: And yea good call on the P.F. basketball team that got put out in the first round of district and the football team that finished 5-6. They beat Rutledge and Greenback. Wow! What an accomplishment. They also got beat by G-P by about 20 or more, But yea they had a great season.

The coaches give up before the season starts. He is only there get paid. As for the South Doyle kid that did so great this year(dzbettin), You guys beat us by 3 this year so what does that say about the ol cherokees? Besides, the only player S.D. had was Cody Haun. Great job in district too. I enjoyed watchin Faraggut beat you twice. :ph34r: And yea good call on the P.F. basketball team that got put out in the first round of district and the football team that finished 5-6. They beat  Rutledge and Greenback. Wow! What an accomplishment. They also got beat by  G-P by about 20 or more, But yea they had a great season.

825683304[/snapback]

What that says about the ol cherokees is that every time SC played them they got beat. I think the cherokees stomped you by ike 18 runs at your place. Dont talk trash when you cant back it up man. How far did you get in district. Oh yea south doyle beat you in the first round then who knows who else you lost too. Im pretty sure south doyle made it to region so just stop talkin smack on here, cause it is worthless.Oh yea and if cody is the only player they have why did ryan holland get pitcher of the year and zurcher mcclain and conley got all district? Hmmm wonder how that happened.

What that says about the ol cherokees is that every time SC played them they got beat.  I think the cherokees stomped you by ike 18 runs at your place.  Dont talk trash when you cant back it up man.  How far did you get in district. Oh yea south doyle beat you in the first round then who knows who else you lost too. Im pretty sure south doyle made it to region so just stop talkin smack  on here, cause it is worthless.Oh yea and if cody is the only player they have why did ryan holland get pitcher of the year and zurcher mcclain and conley got all district? Hmmm wonder how that happened.

825683346[/snapback]

:ph34r: Don't cry. It'll be o.k. :P

The coaches give up before the season starts. He is only there get paid. As for the South Doyle kid that did so great this year(dzbettin), You guys beat us by 3 this year so what does that say about the ol cherokees? Besides, the only player S.D. had was Cody Haun. Great job in district too. I enjoyed watchin Faraggut beat you twice. :angry: And yea good call on the P.F. basketball team that got put out in the first round of district and the football team that finished 5-6. They beat  Rutledge and Greenback. Wow! What an accomplishment. They also got beat by  G-P by about 20 or more, But yea they had a great season.

825683304[/snapback]

From what I saw, it looked like the players were the ones giving up. Why would any high school coach just be there to get paid? If you knew what they made, you would realize they aren't in it for the money. Ask your coach one day, maybe he will give you the sad truth of the coaching supplement. As for SD, they are one of the premier teams in the area. They are loaded with talent, that is young. They will be tough for several more years.

I can't believe that someone from Sevier co. is bashing South Doyle baseball. They have all kinds of talent and are a very solid ball club. Yeah they beat SC by 3 and by 17 and by 10. Nonetheless all of them were losses for Sevier. I also agree with the other post about coaches pay. If they just wanted to get paid, they could do many other things that were less stressful and make a whole lot more money. You guys need to focus on your own situation and quit worrying about everyone else.

:P Don't cry. It'll be o.k. :(

825683355[/snapback]

it seems to me that you are the one crying because the coaches are the reason you all cant win more than 1 district game but maybe it could possibly be that you have no true players. you need to stop making comments on here if you dont have a way to back them up and all you can say is "dont cry. itll be ok" when someone makes your comment look ridiculous. you dont know what you are talking about and until you get a clue about the game i would stay away from posting for a while so you dont make your school look worse.