Division II State Tournament

RJL294

The way I figure it 6 teams have already punched their tickets for the state tournament next week in memphis. Correct me if I am wrong but i believe them to be as follows:

Knox Catholic and McCallie from the East

BGA and Father Ryan from the Middle

CBHS and MUS from the West

I am not sure of the situation with the 3rd seed from the middle and west regions. If someone could inform everyone about that that would be great. My hunch would be MBA and ECS however.

What are your opinions on possible seedings, results, etc.? Should be a great tournament.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at this point....

West:

CBHS- #1 seed

MUS - #2 seed

ECS - #3 seed

Middle:

Probably Father Ryan- #1 seed

Probably MBA - #2 seed

Probably BGA - #3 seed

East:

McCallie vs. Knox Catholic on Thursday for 1st and 2nd seeds.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the State Tournament that would mean:

CBHS vs. MBA

No.1 East vs. BGA

other bracket

Father Ryan vs. ECS

No.2 East vs. MUS

Just trying to get it sorted it out.

Tonight's games will prove the seedings for the tournament. Anything can and will happen at the state tournament. The slate will be clean at that point. I would say that if you look at the record that many of these teams have played already and that one could make some predictions. It will be fun to see how it all shakes out in the end. Let's hope that we get good weather and not too hot in Memphis! Good luck to all. Keep up the great work RJL294! You've made a great contribution so far this year and I know that at the state tournament you will continue to do so. Have fun, play hard. Don't let anyone get hurt tonight.

Expect McCallie to have a big game tonight or in the state Tournament, they are capapble, but as I said early in the season, Catholic will make the state Finals, McCallie is capable of knocking anyone off, but tonight doesn't matter so they need to have that surprise game they have once in a while at states.

If McCallie wins tonight, Catholic will knock out CBHS

If Catholic wins tonight , MCallie could knock off CBHS

and Catholic will knock out Father Ryan.

Sorry guys this is the way I see it from an unbiased opinion.

McCallie has good coaching and good players,

Catholic has unbelievable desire and good players

CBHS has good coaching and good players

Father Ryan has good desire and Good players

I'll take the desire Catholic has to at least finish 2nd

Gameball, "unbiased" opinion??

I detect either a severe Eastern bias here or some misguided notion that the Eurosport "rankings" mean anything at all.

A truly unbiased observer would realize that it's very difficult to compare teams from different sections of the state against one another, since they play each other so sparingly during the season.

If one did compare, one would learn that McCallie – whom you hold in such high regard – beat West #3 seed ECS by only one goal (2-1), and that Father Ryan beat MUS the first weekend of the season by only one goal (3-2) after trailing almost the entire game.

In fact, you're not giving any of the #2 and #3 seeds from the Middle and West enough credit. Recent history proves that to be a mistake. Last year, #3 West and #3 Middle knocked out the two Eastern teams, with MUS beating Webb in the first round and USN knocking off Catholic in the semis. The two #3 seeds than played for the state title.

Consider also that an Eastern team has not made the DII state finals since this year's seniors were in the seventh grade!

I'm sure that McCallie and Catholic have very good teams, and I know that Father Ryan and CBHS do. Maybe this is the year that the East will FINALLY get a team in the state finals after a VERY LONG dry spell. But please don't underestimate the possibility that ANY of the 8 DII teams could win. And please, PLEASE don't kid yourself that you are "unbiased."

In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict the following:

BGA over Knox Catholic in the opening round.

MUS over McCallie in the opening round.

Sorry, gameball, but this is the way I see it from a BIASED opinion. *lol*

Good luck to whoever your team is (I assume Knox Catholic?), btw.

Match 1: Father Ryan (#1 Middle) vs. ECS (#3 West)

Match 2: McCallie (#2 East) vs. MUS (#2 West)

Match 3: Knox Catholic (#1 East) vs. BGA (#3 Middle)

Match 4: CBHS (#1 West) vs. MBA (#2 Middle)

Semis:

Match 1 Winner vs. Match 2 Winner

Match 3 Winner vs. Match 4 Winner

Good luck to all!

In the interest of eliminating bias, TackerDad in his continued discussion of failure of East teams to reach the final should be reminded that East teams have less chance of doing so with only 2 teams in the tournament and having to travel 6 hours to Memphis every year that he is talking about. Let's see how the regions match up when the state tournament begins rotating sites. Also it should be noted that McCallie also beat Father Ryan, the #1 middle seed, this season.

just to let you know, how games went at the beginning of the season has nothing to do with anything now. All teams are equals, in my opinion, at this point. Each team having the same chance of being state champs. Who beat who at the beginning of the season doesn't matter anymore so stating something like "just to let yall know mccallie already beat Father Ryan 4-2 in the Southern States Challange in huntsville alabama" is completely useless.

Good luck to everyone

Edited by Jomito1424