Jefferson County vs. Powell

illpete23

This should be a good game between two very good teams.  CoachT schedule/results has the season at a 1-1 deadlock with both victories coming in 1-run games.  I'm interested to see how this one will turn out, we could see the eventual State champ come from this game.

825679278[/snapback]

State Champs from this game? No possible way. Both teams average at best.

Instead of casting a negative shadow on these two teams, how about telling us who you think will win AAA State? There is too much negativity on CoachT threads as it is, I would prefer if this one stays for the fans of Jefferson County softball and Powell softball. If you are not a fan of either one of these teams, then maybe you could start your own thread about the team you think will win State, but I cannot stop you from posting in this thread. I've seen both of these teams play, and trust me, whoever wins this game has a pretty good shot at State. Anything can happen once they pull into the complex down their, but both teams have the players with heart to bring home a ring.

Instead of casting a negative shadow on these two teams, how about telling us who you think will win AAA State?  There is too much negativity on CoachT threads as it is, I would prefer if this one stays for the fans of Jefferson County softball and Powell softball.  If you are not a fan of either one of these teams, then maybe you could start your own thread about the team you think will win State, but I cannot stop you from posting in this thread.  I've seen both of these teams play, and trust me, whoever wins this game has a pretty good shot at State.  Anything can happen once they pull into the complex down their, but both teams have the players with heart to bring home a ring.

825679289[/snapback]

I've seen both teams play too. Jeff Co. has no pitching to win state and Powell can't score enough runs. I don't think Jeff Co. has played a tough enough schedule to be prepared for good competition. The best team they played was Baylor and it wasn't close (5-0). Powell played in a very weak Knoxville area this year. It looks as though with all the upsets in the AAA tourney that Soddy will walk through it. Good luck to whoever wins this game. You're right though, anything can happen on any given day. Cheers.

Now that the game is over, i guess it doesnt matter but for you to say Jefferson County has no pitching shows how ignorant you are.  What made you come on this thread to post anyway? Obviously another coacht rebel rouser.  Get lost buddy, go ride SDs bandwagon

825680044[/snapback]

Actually the results of that game underscore what the poster said, " the one team can't score enough runs" (it took them 9 innings to score 1) against the other team that had weak pitching. You are the ignorant one, apparently. B)

Actually the results of that game underscore what the poster said, " the one team can't score enough runs" (it took them 9 innings to score 1) against the other team that had weak pitching. You are the ignorant one, apparently. :ph34r:

825680107[/snapback]

If you go to CN I am not so sure you watched any games. Jefferson has several pitchers. I have an invested interest in one. I usually do not like to talk about one pitcher to much but if you you say JCHS has weak pitching you have not watched must softball. The pitcher had a perfect game for 6 innings allowed only 4 hits and the run scored was unearned. Division I pitching I am not sure there is but one in the whole state of Tennessee. But, I think she can pitch at any D II school and be a very good pitcher.

Redraider if you watched the game against Baylor then you would have known JCHS best pitcher did not pitch until the score was 5-0 in the second inning. Thier best pitcher pitched the rest of the game and did not allow another run. It could have been alot different if JCHS had pitched thier best from the beginning.

I've seen both teams play too. Jeff Co. has no pitching to win state and Powell can't score enough runs.

825679305[/snapback]

redraider,

Katy Jett (Junior) pitches for Jefferson County, as a freshman she led Jeff Co. to a fourth place finish in the State and made All State pitcher as a freshman..Against Powell she had a perfect game going into the 6th ing. Once again if your not from Chatt. or Nashville-people think you can't pitch. Other places play good softball besides those two areas. As for Powell I know just about all of them girls on the team-They can hit the ball, Sara Stuphin (So), Cassidy Skeen (fr), Josie Morris (sr) are as good hitters as anyone in the State!

redraider--who do you support in HS softball,

so the Jeff Co and Powell fans can get on here and bash your players.