State 13u

I have seen Showtime7 post on other threads, but not this one.  Wonder why ?  :)

825681828[/snapback]

I'm not sure why but after the last time things got out of hand so he may be taking the high road this time. Not he may get on here at a later date. But you seem to want to get things started. It was a great tournament and all the teams played hard. The state has some good 13u girls teams going to national.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Daddy needs help!

825682321[/snapback]

No. Rick has always had good HS coaches involved in the program. It has always been this way. Until school is out, HS coaches can only be practice time advisors/coaches. That's the TSSAA rule. ;) They can't coach their on kids after the season, until school is out. :(

That is why the surragate coaching during the substate and state tourneys. :)

No.  Rick has always  had good HS coaches involved in the program.  It has always been this way.  Until school is out, HS coaches can only be practice time advisors/coaches.  That's the TSSAA rule. :)  They can't coach their on kids after the season, until school is out. :)

That is why the surragate coaching during the substate and state tourneys. :)

825682337[/snapback]

No... I am talking about MTSU. 13U is small potatoes now

Congrats to Tennessee Team Pride. You played really well this weekend and in doing so you got yourself a State Title.

I have been busy working on things for the next year that I have not been able to respond to CPG. Go back in your book and tell me how many 13 under state title our program has won? Yes, we would have loved to win the 13 under state but we build our teams with the future in mind. We have good teams in the 13 under age and 14 under age but we are adding different kids to build it so when they are 15 and 16 that we have a chance to compete for a National Title. We have been really successful at this in the past and that will not change at all. I am very proud of our 13 under team preformance at the state. I wish that Casey would have been 100% but that fine that she wasn't cause the Nationals is where it counts. We will be stronger at the Nationals due to Casey being 100% and with the 3 kids that we have picked up. I look for atleast 5 teams out of the state of Tennessee to have a chance at being in the final 16. Good Luck to all teams in Dayton!!

If you people want to see a really good warm up tourney for 13 under Nationals come to Shelbyville and Murfreesboro for the Showtime Elite June 10 - 12.

Edited by showtime7

Congrats to Tennessee Team Pride. You played really well this weekend and in doing so you got yourself a State Title.

I have been busy working on things for the next year that I have not been able to respond to CPG. Go back in your book and tell me how many 13 under state title our program has won? Yes, we would have loved to win the 13 under state but we build our teams with the future in mind. We have good teams in the 13 under age and 14 under age but we are adding different kids to build it so when they are 15 and 16 that we have a chance to compete for a National Title. We have been really successful at this in the past and that will not change at all. I am very proud of our 13 under team preformance at the state. I wish that Casey would have been 100% but that fine that she wasn't cause the Nationals is where it counts. We will be stronger at the Nationals due to Casey being 100% and with the 3 kids that we have picked up. I look for atleast 5 teams out of the state of Tennessee to have a chance at being in the final 16. Good Luck to all teams in Dayton!!

If you people want to see a really good warm up tourney for 13 under Nationals come to Shelbyville and Murfreesboro for the Showtime Elite June 10 - 12.

825682496[/snapback]

WOW! A completely positive and uplifting response from Showtime7. Thank you Showtime... that has all I have ever asked.

Of course, you kids on the SSS 13U and 14U team need to watch out... your position is not safe. They are looking for "different kids". ???

Edited by CPGB06

WOW! A completely positive and uplifting response from Showtime7.  Thank you Showtime... that has all I have ever asked. 

Of course, you kids on the SSS 13U and 14U team need to watch out... your position is not safe.  They are looking for "different kids".  ???

825682849[/snapback]

Why did you post that to the kids? I don't understand why you have to take your frustration out on a group of 13 year old girls. If you have a problem with Showtime, then direct it it him, not the girls. Your comment is so far off base it really shows your true colors. I believe I said it before about coach being a man, dish it to him, he can take it but leave your comments about our girls out of it, your talking about MY daughter now! Nothing like a moma lion ready to protect her cubs!!!

And please don't say you didn't intend any harm, that is exactly what you intended, because I am sure you know that many read this and it will get back to the girls.

Why did you post that to the kids?  I don't understand why you have to take your frustration out on a group of 13 year old girls. If you have a problem with Showtime, then direct it it him, not the girls. Your comment is so far off base it really shows your true colors.  I believe I said it before about coach being a man, dish it to him, he can take it but leave your comments about our girls out of it, your talking about MY daughter now!  Nothing like a moma lion ready to protect her cubs!!!

And please don't say you didn't intend any harm, that is exactly what you intended, because I am sure you know that many read this and it will get back to the girls.

825683098[/snapback]

TG1105

You say that I should not claim that I meant no harm, but it is not I that made the statement. The statement that Showtime made was

“We have good teams in the 13 under age and 14 under age BUT we are adding different kids to build it so when they are 15 and 16 that we have a chance to compete for a National Title.”

Why would he say that he is looking for different girls? Are the girls currently on the team not good enough?

If it were my team, I would be excited about the players I currently have and talk more about how I intend to develop them as a group to be ready for 15U and 16U. But this is what SS has done for years.

Don't kill the messenger

I am pleased that ST7's was basically positive!

Going to Dayton

TN Team Pride

West TN Tiger/Elite

Shelbyville Sportshop

TN Elite

Memphis Lady Elite

TN Tigers

TN Stars

Any word on the East TN Bulls, are they going to try and qualify or have their top players already been picked up?

Are any of the players from the FC Voyagers going to be picked up? I did not get to see play this past weekend.

825681300[/snapback]

Add the TN Radiers to the list, they showed up on the Dayton Lady Hoopstars web site. That makes 8. Any word on the Bulls?

Where did the Raiders qualify?

Edited by trueline