state champs

soccermadness

I am a bit puzzled by the awe over Farragut right now.

825680429[/snapback]

It's not exactly "awe" that's being reported, but Farragut looks different than they did even a few weeks back. In early April the Admirals played 5 matches in about 12 days, including 4 ranked teams (Father Ryan, ECS, Knox Catholic and Bearden). They seemed to be in total chaos, except they played very well losing to Bearden and if you looked at their schedule, they were losing to very good teams. After that stretch, they started to look like an entirely different team. They've gone 11-1 since then, losing only one match to Bearden and then beating Bearden in the Region final. The competition hasn't been as strong as they faced earlier in the season, but nearly all of those teams have solid winning records. This isn't the Farragut team of the last 3 or 4 years, but they are very good. Sometimes it matters when you peak and Farragut is peaking at the right time.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've seen all of the top 5 teams left play and i would definitley say hendersonville, if they play their best, is atleast 2 goals better than all of them. just look at how easily hendersonville beat rossview. brentwood, the next best team in the state, was tied with rossview at the end of the game. this just goes to show how much better hendersonville is. there are several teams that may have a more talented "team" but NOBODY can stop bolt and kelley when they are on their 'A' game. those two players will make the difference in the end.

i've seen all of the top 5 teams left play and i would definitley say hendersonville, if they play their best, is atleast 2 goals better than all of them.  just look at how easily hendersonville beat rossview.  brentwood, the next best team in the state, was tied with rossview at the end of the game.  this just goes to show how much better hendersonville is.  there are several teams that may have a more talented "team" but NOBODY can stop bolt and kelley when they are on their 'A' game. those two players will make the difference in the end.

825680720[/snapback]

For the record, the only time BW was tied with Rossview was very breifly about the 10th minute of the 2nd half when RV got their only goal. BW won 3-1 with no OT. BW beat Glencliff 5-0 and then Glencliff turned around and only fell to HV 3-1. If you used your logic that would show how much better BW is than HV but we (BW) know that is not the case. I'd call them pretty even. Where did you get your info?

i want to know in that hendersonville/glencliff game if hendersonville used their jv any and at what point??

825680739[/snapback]

Hendersonville played their bench or jv for about 30 minutes in the second half against rossview and glencliff. It was 3-0 when Hendersonville basically took everyone out 10 minutes into the second half against glencliff which resulted in one goal and still an easy win. They dont blow teams away, it is not their style.

For the record, the only time BW was tied with Rossview was very breifly about the 10th minute of the 2nd half when RV got their only goal. BW won 3-1 with no OT. BW beat Glencliff 5-0 and then Glencliff turned around and only fell to HV 3-1. If you used your logic that would show how much better BW is than HV but we (BW) know that is not the case. I'd call them pretty even. Where did you get your info?

825680733[/snapback]

for most of the BW Rossview game sturday..both temas were evenly matched..the win couldve gone to either team..yes rossview slipped up and gave up a couple but rossview didnt give you..so what i'm sayin is if both teams were somewhat evened up saturday night..there is no chance yall would beat h'ville..they are much faster and sttronger physicaly and technically than ya'll(BW) mat hat still goes of to H'ville..hope ya'll win thumb

Hendersonville and Farragut in the Finals. Final score a toss up.

I have seen Farragut play soccer for many years and this years team is just now finding its stride. In the past several weeks they have added a new deminsion to their speed and passing game, and that is the physical, challenging part of the game. Farragut lost 11 seniors form last years team and this year, 4 of their returning starters have either been injured or suspended during different parts of the year, and now are all back and playing as a team. A physical team with speed, skills, and desire.

Hendersonville and Farragut?? Toss up. thumb

i've seen all of the top 5 teams left play and i would definitley say hendersonville, if they play their best, is atleast 2 goals better than all of them.  just look at how easily hendersonville beat rossview.  brentwood, the next best team in the state, was tied with rossview at the end of the game.  this just goes to show how much better hendersonville is.  there are several teams that may have a more talented "team" but NOBODY can stop bolt and kelley when they are on their 'A' game. those two players will make the difference in the end.

825680720[/snapback]

thanks leftfooted. the reason i was thinking farragut could come back in win this is because i've heard how much of an improvement they've made this year, and they have played a farelly good scheduale. i haven't seen all of those teams play, though. so it was nice to know where someone thought they stood that has actually SEEN them all play. so many people talk as if they know, when they haven't seen them. but i am definately for hendersonville, and cannot wait for the games to get started, and see who shows up to play!

for most of the BW Rossview game sturday..both temas were evenly matched..the win couldve gone to either team..yes rossview slipped up and gave up a couple but rossview didnt give you..so what i'm sayin is if both teams were somewhat evened up saturday night..there is no chance yall would beat h'ville..they are much faster and sttronger physicaly and technically than ya'll(BW) mat hat still goes of to H'ville..hope ya'll win thumb

825680756[/snapback]

I only said the score was tied breifly. Someone had said earlier that we were tied at the end of the game. I didn't say you didn't play well. I though you guys were all out - giving 100%. I wouldn't call it evenly matched though. If the score were 1-0 or went into overtime, them I might give you the "evenly matched" statement. But to say that over a 3-1 game only makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about. That's more than just a couple of slip ups. Lowder had a couple of slips ups that would have easily made it a 5-1 game. You know what I'm talking about.

825680733[/snapback]

I just really read this, and I don't know if you could really say that logic makes brentwood seem better. Notice, how Hendersonville beat Rossview 5 to 0 in regionals. With not a very close game at all, 3 goals in teh first half, and jv players starting by 2nd. I, personally, don't see even in logic how that would make brentwood even look as if they were better than hendersonville. And by halftime of the glencliff game, hendersonville jv was playing, again. And the goal was in the last 2 on hayden coffmen. their freshman keeper. Not to argue, but I just personally don't see how they would even really look as if they were better in logic.