WESTVIEW

bramblehood

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they are 19-1-1...but im not quite sure if they have played many good teams or not....i will try and find out. they should match-up pretty well against ccs obv. because any team that makes it to state has to be at least a decent team. thankfully ccs lost to grace so that they didnt have to play CAK in the first round...westview should be a lil bit easier than CAK but ccs if they win will most likely play FRA in the second round.

alright here is the info i got from eurosportscoreboard.com

record 19-1-1

they tied dyersburg(9-2-5) 0-0

they lost to Sheffield(13-4-2) 2-1

their opponents combined record is 131-136-31

their combined goals scored-123 and goals allowed-9

they have beated USJ twice 2-0 and 3-0

some of their closest wins were to-

Jackson Madison Academic Magnet School- 2-1 in OT (region semis)

Jackson Christian(8-8-2) 2-0

Covington (1-8-0) 1-0 (forfeit)

Henry Co.(4-7-2) 3-2

they havent been tested in any other games most of their other games were scores like 3-0 6-0 7-1 things like that. they havent played any like powerhouses or ranked teams except for sheffield who they lost to. but they obviously have a lot of kids who are not affraid to score goals. if anyone has any information about how they play and who to look out for on their team that would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried looking on their schedule to see if any of their teams play and middle or east tn schools...buit from what it looks like they state strickly in West TN, I'm guessing they could suprise some people, no one knows much about them except for their record.

It was the same type record last year in their appearance in the state...I think they beat Hume Fogg the first round 1-0, then lost in the semi's? I could be wrong?

Westview lost to Hume-Fogg in the first round last year in OT. They are pretty solid, especially on Defense. Their goalie was an all-state selection last year, I believe he signed with Lambuth for next year. They also have 3 of their other defenders who have started the last few seasons as well. Very experienced in the back.

thanks boys for the comments that helps us out a lot. umm anybody ontheir team that is really fast and dangerous (like a mid or a forward).

do they like to play it in the middle or on the outsides? does anyone know?

825680385[/snapback]

the only times they have been tested by playing skilled teams (dyersburg, sheffied & usj) they have lost or tied (they did beat usj but usj's best player had to leave that game) but these times they have not done well all center around whether their assistant irish coach is there-he was also most of that team's travel coach in the fall-if he is there -they do there best-if he is not there- they shut down.