What Is Going On At Club K?

sbf

B) What is going on at Club K? My daughter just came back from lessons this weekend at Club K and she said that Emily informed her students that she would not be giving lessons any longer because she was leaving Club K. First Kim leaves and now Emily. Is there something going on that we should be informed about? Also a lot of the students are not happy with the replacements that are for Kim. Any one have any info on any of this?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't know but people do leave jobs for other ventures or greener pastures. It would be best here to not speculate about personnel changes because of rumors. An illegitimate rumor can cause a lot of damage to a business. ClubK has delivered one of the best training facilities ever for girls sports. Hopefully, just as in the past, new coaches will gain the respect of the clientel and deliver a great product. It takes a little time. It would be best to voice your concerns to the mangement rather than spread it on the boards. You will get better results. :D

Dont we have a right to know why instructors leave??

825680173[/snapback]

Absolutely! But, I know how message boards work. Speculation runs amok. Hopefully, someone will PM or email you an answer and keep the gossip off the boards. You have to be careful when talking about a business especially when backed by a major corporation. The possiblities of a slander lawsuit is quite high if the business can prove direct losses by someones careless act......Wendy's ring a bell. Though they have charged the woman, the damage to the company was in the millions. That's motivation for attorney's to be involved.

Just trying to keep the uninformed from stepping into territory that they may not understand.

Oh well I dont know why Kim left...have heard rumours but Im not repeating them...this was the first I heard about Emily leaving...but whatever the reason I think clubk should tell us something...they wouldnt tell me anything about Kim and my daughter had been going to her for 2 years and really misses her...its not fair they dont get a chance to even say bye. and shes just left wondering why she left.

Oh well I dont know why Kim left...have heard rumours but Im not repeating them...this was the first I heard about Emily leaving...but whatever the reason I think clubk should tell us something...they wouldnt tell me anything about Kim and my daughter had been going to her for 2 years and really misses her...its not fair they dont get a chance to even say bye. and shes just left wondering why she left.

825680181[/snapback]

Club K wants only the best for those girls. Maybe the management saw something that you didn't. As a former parent of a Club K student, we paid them tons of money to make the very best players possible. As parents, we trust their knowledge and experience. I suggest you stop worrying about something you can't change. As instructors, they do not have time to listen to rumors, message boards, or consult parents about instructor changes. Rest assured if you continue to trust them and let them do their job it will all work out for the best and you will be glad of it.

Dont we have a right to know why instructors leave??

825680173[/snapback]

It would be nice to know why instructors leave, but do you have a "right" to know. Absolutely not!...Club K is a business just like all the other businesses out there that have personnel laws that they have to follow whenever someone leaves employment. There is certain information that they legally cant divulge..If they break those laws, they can be sued. Just the same as if a well-liked teacher in the school system leaves, the principal probably will not expound on why the teacher leaves. And if your favorite store manager at Old Navy leaves, the corporate office isnt going to tell you why she left without permission to do so.

Unless you can get the information from Kim herself as to why she left, I would leave this subject alone....move forward with Club K, or if you are unhappy with that, find someone else to take lessons from.

Since my daughters never took lessons from Club K, I dont have to take sides one way or the other. I did have the pleasure of knowing Kim when she played ball with my daughter one summer, and you couldnt find a nicer young lady around...and we wish her well whatever she decides to do in her future.

I didnt say they had to consult about changes but when an instructor uve been going to for 2 years leaves with no explanation it doesnt seem to me they care to much about the girls feelings...who wants to go to someone if u dont know if they are gonna be there tomorrow? Maybe she doesnt like some of the other instructors and if they are gonna change before the session is over...well thats not what I paid my money for.

I didnt say they had to consult about changes but when an instructor uve been going to for 2 years leaves with no explanation it doesnt seem to me they care to much about the girls feelings...who wants to go to someone if u dont know if they are gonna be there tomorrow? Maybe she doesnt like some of the other instructors and if they are gonna change before the session is over...well thats not what I paid my money for.

825680223[/snapback]

As I said before....it has nothing to do with caring about the feelings of the girls being taught...I'm sure they care....but legally they cant tell people why employees leave....Although I'm not sure how your contract reads with Club K, but I would imagine that it is a contract to take lessons at Club K, not with Kim or Emily...

As mentioned before by ERA, you need to address these concerns with the management...and if they dont give you teachers that you like, then maybe you should find other places to go to. And maybe they will give you a refund for any lessons not taken. Club K is a business, and i'm sure they will find equally capable instructors...believe me, they arent there to try to lose money.

Edited by rtyree1121

825680223[/snapback]

Did you ever think she may have left on her own? Maybe she should have been the one to inform her students. You know, llife is not fair and we do not always get thru it without hurt feelings. As far as the money, I think you knew going into the season that there were no refunds! You should realize by now that everything carries a risk. You win some and you lose some. The instructors at Club K would never do anything to intentionally harm those students. Let them do their job!

FYI, you have the right to ASK and the right to get any information that you can get. That was my meaning. rtyree has it right, my wife's in human resources and there are Tennessee and federal laws about non disclosure.

We can all understand your concerns for your daughters' welfare and future. Changing coaches is tough for some people. I, however, have raised two daughters playing softball. I believe in going to the best facilities possible but I also believe a change is good too. You can always pick up something new from different coaches. There is a positive to this perceived negative. Don't be afraid to change horses in the middle of the street. The next one might be a Giacomo! thumb