Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Almost 10 years ater he was hired, most of Cardinal Nation still hasn't fully opened their arms to La Russa and still contend Whitey was better. Differing styles, and La Russa still hasn't brought home the WS trophy. La Russa passed Whitney for 2nd all time in Cardinals wins Tuesday night with only Red Schondiest ahead of him, so inevitably the discussion has come up again. This is hand down the biggest thing that most Cardinal fans disagree on.

So who would do you think is the better manager, Whitey or La Russa? And please give reasons for your thoughts!

Almost 10 years ater he was hired, most of Cardinal Nation still hasn't fully opened their arms to La Russa and still contend Whitey was better.

825682286[/snapback]

I don't know about that. You shouldn't say most, MAYBE less than 10%. Trust me, I am from the area. All of my family still live in STL. La Russa has been one of the more consistant managers in the League. So he hasn't one the big one YET, but he has gone pretty far on a small budget. Compare the Cardinals to the Yankees and see how much money that each team pays their players, and wonder why the yankees even get beat with all of the money they pay out. Even when we got swept by the sox last year, no blame was put on La Russa. Our players just picked a really bad time to be on a slump. This year is going to be different, though. Check this out cardinals fans.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?p...powerrank_week8

I still got my tix for the Sox/Cards series in june! Time to show them the real Cardinals and not the slunping cardinals.

I don't know about that.  You shouldn't say most, MAYBE less than 10%.  Trust me, I am from the area.  All of my family still live in STL.  La Russa has been one of the more consistant managers in the League.  So he hasn't one the big one YET, but he has gone pretty far on a small budget.  Compare the Cardinals to the Yankees and see how much money that each team pays their players, and wonder why the yankees even get beat with all of the money they pay out.  Even when we got swept by the sox last year, no blame was put on La Russa.  Our players just picked a really bad time to be on a slump.  This year is going to be different, though.  Check this out cardinals fans.....

825682391[/snapback]

Small budget?!

LaRussa is a Californian in pretty much every way, and he's still an outsider to St. Louis. He's still accepted by a decent majority.

He's done less of the stupid quirks in recent years (using worthless excuses for pitchers like Pedro Borbon and Jeff Fasserblow in critical situations because "they've gotta pitch" hasn't happened last year or this year), which has allowed his strengths -- the long-haul managing of the team, mainly in personnel matters -- to flourish.

Small budget?!

LaRussa is a Californian in pretty much every way, and he's still an outsider to St. Louis.  He's still accepted by a decent majority.

He's done less of the stupid quirks in recent years (using worthless excuses for pitchers like Pedro Borbon and Jeff Fasserblow in critical situations because "they've gotta pitch" hasn't happened last year or this year), which has allowed his strengths -- the long-haul managing of the team, mainly in personnel matters -- to flourish.

825682399[/snapback]

Well, I shouldn't say small budjet, but a smaller budget than other teams.