Thanks for the Memories

wad

I hate this time of year. The high school baseball state tournament is over and so we rap up another year of Baseball. Lets take a look back and remember the Great Wins, Heartbreaking loses and Funny moments we all shared this year.

Like: Remember sometime in early March when you said "they should not be made to play in this cold weather" after you just found out the concession stand ran out of coffee. or the time you had to be across town at 9:30 and your sons team was in the bottom of the 8 and you had to leave, only to find your cell phone battery was dead. Thanks to all the Players, Coaches, Umpires and Fans who make this game so GREAT.

Please share some of your story's.

God Bless all the seniors who walked off the Field this year for the last time. You will never forget it!!!!!

Friday I attended my last high baseball game that I would have

a son playing in. We have 3 sons so the past 9 years we have

been to many high school games. Been to the state

tournament 8 times, brought home two state championships,

two runner-ups and four 3rd place finishes. This is a game I

have loved and hated all at the same time. Today I have a

smile on my face that will not go away but there is some

heaviness in my heart...he played his last game as a Bruin

yesterday, he took his last at bat ( a double) caught his

last line drive ( the final out to win state) God Bless all the

Seniors, their moms and dads .

Nathan, Parker and Andrew thanks for the memories.

My nephew has just finished is junior year and boy am I dreading next year. I guess I am living my life through him, but I do hate to see it end. I think of all the mediocre teams, mediocre players that have worked just as hard or harder. The ones who maybe started sparingly or the ones who was hoping for a chance to play at the next level (and it never comes). This time of year is a major adjustment for a lot of kids. It is hard to accept that "it is over". Sure there are summer leagues but realization is setting in. It is very difficult to let go of something you loved to play for so long. Yes the memories and friends will always be there and in 20 years you will be the best your team had :P, but right now the heaviness in these kids hearts can be overwhelming. The love and the joy that are on these type of kids faces as they play the game they love are the memories that I will remember.

Sorry for heart-felt rambling..this time of year is a time for reflection though and I am sentimental!

My nephew has just finished is junior year and boy am I dreading next year. I guess I am living my life through him, but I do hate to see it end. I think of all the mediocre teams, mediocre players that have worked just as hard or harder. The ones who maybe started sparingly or the ones who was hoping for a chance to play at the next level (and it never comes). This time of year is a major adjustment for a lot of kids. It is hard to accept that "it is over". Sure there are summer leagues but realization is setting in. It is very difficult to let go of something you loved to play for so long. Yes the memories and friends will always be there and in 20 years you will be the best your team had ;), but right now the heaviness in these kids hearts can be overwhelming. The love and the joy that are on these type of kids faces as they play the game they love are the memories that I will remember.

Sorry for heart-felt rambling..this time of year is a time for reflection though and I am sentimental!

825684198[/snapback]

Amen

Friday I attended my last high baseball game that I would have

a son playing in. We have 3 sons so the past 9 years we have

been to many  high school games. Been to the state

tournament 8 times, brought home two state championships,

two runner-ups and four 3rd place finishes.  This is a game I

have loved and hated all at the same time.  Today I have a

smile on my face that  will not go away but  there is some

heaviness in my heart...he played his last game as a Bruin

yesterday, he took his last at bat ( a double)  caught his

last line drive ( the final out to win state)  God Bless all the

Seniors, their moms and dads .

Nathan, Parker and Andrew thanks for the memories.

825683953[/snapback]

Thanks for this post. It is very sweet. As the mother of an incoming freshman football/baseball player (and he may go out for basketball) I know I will definitely relate in a few years, as I felt the same way when his middle school sports teams played their last games. Thanks again.

On May 21st I played my last high school ball game. Sectional game against Unaka. What made it even worse, is that it was my birthday. There would be no better birthday present than to win that game and go to the state tournament. We came into the ball game as intense as I have ever seen us. But we ran into a tough bump in the road. Unaka played their hearts out and we played farely well but just couldn't put runs on the board. My best friend Corey Payne pitched one heck of a game in his final outing in high school. He had gave up 1 run going into the 6th. Then I still dont know how it happened but a kid from Unaka hit a 2-run homer and put them up 3-0. I really dont know how he hit it out because it was a real tough pitch to hit, but he did. And that was the killer. I have had the best years of my life playing with Coach Lane and Coach Cofer, and the rest of the tigers. I've cried of joy,pain, and defeat. It was the best time I have ever had. I love this game and I loved wearing the Rockwood jersey. For the rest of my life my blood will run green and I will always be here to support the tigers. Again I love you all, tigers, tiger fans, and anyone who has supported us throughout the years. Matt Goddard #24

On May 21st I played my last high school ball game. Sectional game against Unaka. What made it even worse, is that it was my birthday. There would be no better birthday present than to win that game and go to the state tournament. We came into the ball game as intense as I have ever seen us. But we ran into a tough bump in the road. Unaka played their hearts out and we played farely well but just couldn't put runs on the board. My best friend Corey Payne pitched one heck of a game in his final outing in high school. He had gave up 1 run going into the 6th. Then I still dont know how it happened but a kid from Unaka hit a 2-run homer and put them up 3-0. I really dont know how he hit it out because it was a real tough pitch to hit, but he did. And that was the killer. I have had the best years of my life playing with Coach Lane and Coach Cofer, and the rest of the tigers. I've cried of joy,pain, and defeat. It was the best time I have ever had. I love this game and I loved wearing the Rockwood jersey. For the rest of my life my blood will run green and I will always be here to support the tigers. Again I love you all, tigers, tiger fans, and anyone who has supported us throughout the years. Matt Goddard #24

825686566[/snapback]

You the man, G. I enjoyed watching how you played the game.. You played with intensity and you always had fun..