2005 TACA All-Star Game

TheGreatLineJudge

Oh yes. It's that time of year again! For those of us hungry for high school ball, here's an appetizer...

2005 TACA All-Star Game

Centennial HS- Franklin, TN

Thursday, June 23

2 matches.. 6 pm & 8 pm

Teams consist of now graduated members of the Class of 2005. I don't have a roster, but if anyone has a full or partial roster (or even single names), please post them.

See you there!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is no exit at Liberty Pike in Franklin, you will have to use either the Cool Springs West Exit and then turn left on Mallory Lane or use the Highway 96 West Exit and turn right on North Royal Oaks Blvd. Both exits and their corresponding streets are very busy so be sure to print your maps and know where exactly to turn. I will tell you that it will be easier to turn right on Royal Oaks, and then turn right into the Centennial parking lot than trying to turn left into Centennial from Mallory Lane. FYI - Royals Oaks & Mallory Lane are the same road - the name change occurs at Liberty Pike.

See you all Thursday, hopefully. If not, I will have reports on both matches here on coacht later that night.

In A/AA, the East won 3-1 (25-30, 30-24, 30-24, 30-18)

In AAA the West won 3-1 (30-17, 30-20, 30-24,30-28 )

I'll have details tomorrow as I somehow deleted a lengthy post and I'm too tired to enter it again.

Edited by PageMan

I have decided to forego the details of the matches and give my general observations. This event was like a senior night as the players were introduced with their parents before each match. It was good to see the parents of the players one last time as their daughters move on to college ball. I hope to see some of them play in the coming season. In these two matches there was good individual play at times, but since these teams only practiced 3 or 4 times, team communication was sometimes lacking. I know it was hard for the coaches to make a cohesive team with so little practice even though all the players were exceptional. I have enjoyed watching these players over the years in particular Katie Arvidson of Page, East Ridge players Christina Haskew, Lamecka Darden, & Shanda Stock, Brentwood's Jessica Turner, Franklin's Alyssa Aston & Kelly Isham, Centennial's Jackie Jaszcz & Bianca Turner, Father Ryan's Melanie Volk, Jennifer Bachus & Chellie Ising, DCA's Sarah Dolle & Shauna Holman, David Lipscomb's Karen Dorris & Sarah Finney, and Collierville's Natalee Staggs. I wish all the players continued success in their careers and good luck as they continue on with their lives after high school.

Thanks for the article, allsportsfan01. I like the way "The Chattanoogan" shows the stats for the individual players. I was impressed with the play of Lara Newberry of Baylor. I thought she had a real good all around match. I hate that Ashley Tudor of Boyd-Buchanan was injured and could not make the match and I also missed seeing Kirsten Fox of Notre Dame was also not present. It was good to see Coach Neeley of East Ridge along with her players, Christina Haskew, Lamecka Darden, and Shanda Stock, who all did well. Other notables seen at the match - Tracey Berry, formerly coach at Page - now at BGA and Jeff Frazier, formerly of Brentwood and Harpeth Hall - now at ?. I'm sure I missed some other notable people so don't feel slighted.

Once again, good luck to the players in their future endeavors.

Edited by PageMan

Announcements