• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom142,

What is the take on this match - up?

Is Alcoa up enough to pull it off?

825688940[/snapback]

This will be a spectacular match. Both teams are going to be very fired up after winning gold balls their respective classes, and will do anything to win this game.

Maryville's defense will be very good and Alcoa's offense will be really good. Maryville's offense won't be as productve as past years, still good, just not quite as good, and Alcoa's defense should be good. I look for this to be a low scoring game, and very close.

Alcoa will give it their all to pull it off, so I know they'll be up for it. If I would give any team an advantage right now it would be Alcoa, only because it will be their (Maryville) starting QB's (Hunt or Burnette) first REAL HS football action, and it'll be against the Tornadoes at Goddard Field. But you know GQ will have his boys ready to play this game, likewise will Coach Reid.

I'm getting chillbumps just talking about this game!!!! I'd better stop typing. <_<

Guest catfish-hunter

WEEK FOUR: Cheatham Co. at David Lipscomb

The Cubs will likely be unbeaten and untested up to that point in the season so this matchup will show whether or not the Cubs are ready to contend for a championship or be an average middle of the pack playoff team that will be done by the time the quarterfinals arrive.

Guest catfish-hunter
Which games are you most exicited to see this approaching season?

Mine personally, being a WH fan, is WH-Pearl-Cohn, mostly because the winner of that game will more than likely face Fulton.

What are some others?

825688807[/snapback]

BTW, I am not saying that White House won't beat Pearl-Cohn BUT I guarantee you that it will be nothing like last year's week ten beating. Pearl will be experienced, motivated after last season's disaster, and successful in a region that is really top heavy and I believe they will be a force to be reckoned with in 3A. Either way the regular season matchup is just gonna decide where the site of the quarterfinal clash will be because that is when and where the Firebirds and the Blue Devils will meet for a second time for the opportunity to play Fulton in the semifinals and a right to go to the Boro and win a state title.

This will be a spectacular match.  Both teams are going to be very fired up after winning gold balls their respective classes, and will do anything to win this game. 

Maryville's defense will be very good and Alcoa's offense will be really good.  Maryville's offense won't be as productve as past years, still good, just not quite as good, and Alcoa's defense should be good.  I look for this to be a low scoring game, and very close.

Alcoa will give it their all to pull it off, so I know they'll be up for it.  If I would give any team an advantage right now it would be Alcoa, only because it will be their (Maryville) starting QB's (Hunt or Burnette) first REAL HS football action, and it'll be against the Tornadoes at Goddard Field.  But you know GQ will have his boys ready to play this game, likewise will Coach Reid. 

I'm getting chillbumps just talking about this game!!!!  I'd better stop typing.  :D

825689235[/snapback]

I dont really look for alcoas D to be that good. In the State game last year both teams defenses absolutely stunk. And for Maryville, I think the biggest question is whether or not the O line will be up to the task in their first real HS action. We need to run the ball well to open up the passing game and take the pressure off the new QB.