Obion County Coach Reinstated

rebfan65

It was reported in the Union City Daily Messenger today that Barry Jones would have a meeting today with Obion County Director of Schools Lonnie Grady and likely be reinstated as the head coach at OCCHS.I for one am very happy that Coach Jones has decided to stay and maybe restore one of the great basketball programs of West Tennessee to some of its past glory.It finally looks like the school board is ready to back a coach and quit letting the parents run the show.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was reported in the Union City Daily Messenger today that Barry Jones would have a meeting today with Obion County Director of Schools Lonnie Grady and likely be reinstated as the head coach at OCCHS.I for one am very happy that Coach Jones has decided to stay and maybe restore one of the great basketball programs of West Tennessee to some of its past glory.It finally looks like the school board is ready to back a coach and quit letting the parents run the show.

825690681[/snapback]

LOL

Out of "the laughing stock of northwest Tennessee" will be sufficient.. :P

825692690[/snapback]

Maybe so.......we'll have to see who gets the last laugh.In the mean time,why don't you go hang another cheerleading championship sign along the road.That seems to be the best thing going in Martin. :P

Maybe so.......we'll have to see who gets the last laugh.In the mean time,why don't you go hang another cheerleading championship sign along the road.That seems to be the best thing going in Martin. :P

825692717[/snapback]

Really? What has Obion Central consistently beaten Westview at over the past 10 years?

Answer:

Dairy Judging :P

Really?  What has Obion Central consistently beaten Westview at over the past 10 years?

Answer:

Dairy Judging ;)

825692819[/snapback]

Haven't been keeping up with records that long.But since you're the end all know all of everything I bet you know.But tell me this,how many more state championships do you have than Obion Central?Cheerleading doesn't count. ;)

Guest catfish-hunter

Barry is a fine basketball coach and he will have Obion on the winning track sooner than folks think IF the "know it all parents" and the school board will let him coach the way that he knows how. It sure did not seem to fail him at Sycamore I'd say thumb

Haven't been keeping up with records that long.But since you're the end all know all of everything I bet you know.But tell me this,how many more state championships do you have than Obion Central?Cheerleading doesn't count. ;)

825693152[/snapback]

It would appear to be 1 to 1!

How many coaches have we run off because "little Johnny" can't cut it in the real world? And his mommy and daddy have to take up for him. Heaven forbid a child having to grow up in the real world!

When was the last time Obion Co went to the region (which isn't that big of an accomplishment) in all 3 major sports?

Come to think of it, when did Obion boys last win a district game? I think the coach was right on, he needed to get rid of some of the fat! ;)