GLee

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

young would def. turn the program around the quickest but he might not be the most popular choice.

I was sh for 2 years before i came to hv coach young is a very good coach but if he ever did go to e town which i dont think will happen be ready to work your #### off theres a reason he won all them games i did plenty of 2 mile runs and 6 hour practices. with the talent at elizabethon he would do very well

I heard something about Young that bothered me. He said that he doesn't like his players playing other sports. If he goes to Elizabethton, he will not have many players that only play baseball. The kids there are athletes that play 2 and sometimes 3 sports. And he would for sure run off a lot of kids with the work ethic he would bring. Especially since those kids weren't used to being pushed in practice and worked hard.

I heard something about Young that bothered me. He said that he doesn't like his players playing other sports. If he goes to Elizabethton, he will not have many players that only play baseball. The kids there are athletes that play 2 and sometimes 3 sports. And he would for sure run off a lot of kids with the work ethic he would bring. Especially since those kids weren't used to being pushed in practice and worked hard.

825693298[/snapback]

Work ethic needs to be installed as far as baseball goes, but BY will have to accept 2-3 sport players. Betsy doesn't have 2k kids to choose from. Alot of running, skill drills and heavy pitching work is what he will bring as well as game management with sense. The ones who walk are the ones who really didn't need to be there in the first place. IF he gets the job??? If he doesn't, I hope whoever "they" hire will do the same.

Work ethic needs to be installed as far as baseball goes, but BY will have to accept 2-3 sport players. Betsy doesn't have 2k kids to choose from. Alot of running, skill drills and heavy pitching work is what he will bring as well as game management with sense. The ones who walk are the ones who really didn't need to be there in the first place. IF he gets the job??? If he doesn't, I hope whoever "they" hire will do the same.

825693359[/snapback]

It doesn't make sense to make a player choose which sport he plays. You take 5 good above average baseball players who are also real good in basketball or football choose 4 of the 5 will choose the sport they are real good in. It looks like the coaches should work together for the better of the school.

Player for reference!

Ross Garland from Happy Valley a few years a go. 4 sport and I may be wrong but all state in 3 of them.

Put the sports back in seasons and close the other facilities when the other sport is going on.August - Nov. football. Nov.- Feb basketball. Feb through dead 2 weeks baseball.

I wish he missed the mountains enough to come back  :lol:

825693700[/snapback]

Thanks Heaton, you communist! I do miss the mountains, but I'm on vacation at the beach this week and enjoying Nashville too much to come back right now. Sounds like a big mess in Betsy, but at least I am not in the middle of this one. "Goat Boy" is my hero.

The last I heard the race was between Krantz and G.Hyder. But the weird thing is the school board put the search for coaches on hold, which means Mr. Alexander won't have a say in that matter before he steps down.

825694617[/snapback]

So ....the next EHS Principal gets to roll out the Orange and Black Carpet . And then ....if Mr. Alexander is brought back, well, I'd have to have a couple of things in writing.

CountryBoy4Life, I'm certainly not worried. I have no problem with Mr. Alexander coming back. And in fact, I learned some amazing facts about him yesterday; and for what it's worth, I was very impressed, in a Positive way.

But again, I don't know him, and I have very little inside scoop (nor have I attempted to gather any any) as to who, or why certain someones wanted him removed. I do know that it was more than a one-man-show. It would take more than one "Rope" could keep him away. But I think we all should realize this by now.

And GLee, I'm so glad to hear about the available paper. I never doubted YOU could be counted on. Care to offer a guess as to who the two finalists are? ;)

CountryBoy4Life,  I'm certainly not worried.  I have no problem with Mr. Alexander coming back.  And in fact, I learned some amazing facts about him yesterday; and for what it's worth, I was very impressed, in a Positive way. 

But again, I don't know him, and I have very little inside scoop (nor have I attempted to gather any any) as to who, or why certain someones wanted him removed.  I do know that it was more than a one-man-show.  It would take more than one "Rope" could keep him away.  But I think we all should realize this by now.

And GLee, I'm so glad to hear about the available paper.  I never doubted YOU could be counted on.  Care to offer a guess as to who the two finalists are?  ;)

825695073[/snapback]

I appreciate the confidence YOU have in ME. ;) Might just know more than a guess now. :o Never know do we??? ;)

By the way, if you need some help with the 'Enquirer', uhh, I mean 'EDIT', let me know. We need more stories on a daily basis or people quit looking. :)

Edited by GLee