Alcoa Football?

Hoptown

Good breakdown Gerry....one problem though.  We did score on Melrose.  Did any team in the state need more than 7 points to beat them that day?  NOPE! :lol:

alco06....got two numbers fer ya.....52-21 <_<  thumb

825692188[/snapback]

Yeah I know you Maryville fans are happy Melrose doesn't have a kicker or we may still be in the buro waiting on a team to win.

Alcoa needs to understand that to be the best you have to beat the best. You are playing the 3a and 4a champs this year. If you beat them, then to Alcoa would be the 2nd best team in the state behind Riverdale but I dont see them beating both Fulton and Maryville.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alcoa could have drilled Fulton last year, they're not really a "HUGE" problem. They won 3A which is easier than winning 2A.

Maryville is good every year, and if Alcoa doesn't beat them this year -- they may never beat them again. Losing their senior QB to the SEC, this couldn't be anything but a "down" year for MHS, despite having all kinds of talented players.

It's definitely a good possibility that Alcoa will lose 4 games and win the state championship this coming season.

alcoa could have drilled Fulton last year, they're not really a "HUGE" problem.  They won 3A which is easier than winning 2A. 

Maryville is good every year, and if Alcoa doesn't beat them this year -- they may never beat them again.  Losing their senior QB to the SEC, this couldn't be anything but a "down" year for MHS, despite having all kinds of talented players. 

It's definitely a good possibility that Alcoa will lose 4 games and win the state championship this coming season.

825692650[/snapback]

P9.....

What 4 games could Alcoa lose? You have to reach to find 3. If anything, Alcoa will go 14-1 or 13-2 and lose to Fulton and/or Maryville. What is the 3rd and 4th game? Please enlighten me. What you say about Alcoa beating Maryville is true. We honestly have this year and maybe next, and then there will once again probably be a lull in the rivalry. Who knows, the upcoming Freshman might surprise me.

It's a realistic possibility that Alcoa will lose to:

1. Kentucky team

2. Maryville

3. Fulton

4. McCallie

It's a realistic possibility that Alcoa could win all 4 of those games.

It's an even more realistic possibility that Alcoa could win/lose a combination of those games. I'm just saying, Alcoa's got a pretty tough schedule this fall. At least, tough compared to what they're used to.

Alcoa will beat Fulton. They would've beaten them pretty bad last year. Fulton lost some of their skill players (all WR's and QB's, and a lot of the RB"s besides Cobb), and Alcoa, as everyone knows, only lost Richeon Belle and Dante Lewis, who are pretty easy to replace.

The game that is going to be the most challenging besides Maryville, I think is McCallie. They've beaten two very good Central teams the past two years. They only lost 12 seniors on a 65- man roster, their only regular season loss was to a normal state power MBA, and it was only by a TD. They got put out the eventual state champ, Brentwood Academy.

Nobody has given a reason yet to why Alcoa will lose a game this year.  I havent heard anything about being to small, lacking speed, or anything like that.  I havent heard this because there is no reason why Alcoa should lose a game, and they will not lose a game.  If you can find a reason, enlighten me.....

825693126[/snapback]

injuries

playing all your tough games on the road

playing 4 perrennial powerhouses in one season, PLUS most of them are away

playing maryville (that should be enough)

the kinda cockiness your exhibiting here

there's a starter list fer ya.... thumb

injuries

playing all your tough games on the road

playing 4 perrennial powerhouses in one season, PLUS most of them are away

playing maryville (that should be enough)

the kinda cockiness your exhibiting here

there's a starter list fer ya.... thumb

825693138[/snapback]

Do you have an idea of about how many players are on Alcoa's roster?