East vs West

alcoaathlete1399

thats only one team from the east. the power of 2A ball resides on the west side of the bracket.

825693718[/snapback]

That may in fact be correct, but look and see who keeps bringin home the gold ball.. .

2004 East

2002 East

2001 East

2000 East

1999 East

1997 East

Come on now....You can't argue w/ the facts thumb

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may in fact be correct, but look and see who keeps bringin home the gold ball.. .

2004 East

2002 East

2001 East

2000 East

1999 East

1997 East

Come on now....You can't argue w/ the facts  thumb

825693790[/snapback]

ok...let's at least get our "facts" straight.....let me give you a little map lesson

97' Tyner..............east

98' Milan .............WEST

99' Goodpasture....WEST

00' Alcoa...............east

01' Goodpasture.....WEST

02' Lipscomb...........east

03' Huntingdon........WEST

04' Alcoa.................east

look at the brackets...the WEST has the power...not always the #1 best team...but year in year out the power in 2a is in the WEST!

Edited by Lions4ever

Guys, you can argue all you want about who is deeper and crap, but Alcoa is just worlds ahead of everyone in 2a ball. I'm not an Alcoa fan, but I just don't see any way they don't win state championship. They have 2 of the top 5 players, all classification, 2a teams just can't compete with that. Talk all you want about depth, but 2nd is just the 1st loser. What matters are the golden balls.

Guys, you can argue all you want about who is deeper and crap, but Alcoa is just worlds ahead of everyone in 2a ball. I'm not an Alcoa fan, but I just don't see any way they don't win state championship. They have 2 of the top 5 players, all classification, 2a teams just can't compete with that. Talk all you want about depth, but 2nd is just the 1st loser. What matters are the golden balls.

825693801[/snapback]

Lot's of things could happen during the season to change things...sure on paper Alcoa is a no brainer but that's the reason we play the game...anything can happen on any given nite.

ok...let's at least get our "facts" straight.....let me give you a little map lesson

97' Tyner..............east

98' Milan .............WEST

99' Goodpasture....WEST

00' Alcoa...............east

01' Goodpasture.....WEST

02' Lipscomb...........WEST

03' Huntingdon........WEST

04' Alcoa.................east

look at the brackets...the WEST has the power...not always the #1 best team...but year in year out the power in 2a is in the WEST!

825693796[/snapback]

Can't argue with ya there, Lipscomb can be debatable since it's in Nashville.

Although I think Alcoa has the best chance to win it all, they are guaranteed nothing. They are basically the only powerhouse in East TN. Look at the teams in West TN and you'll see where the talent lies. Middle TN has some great teams and when you start dividing them up, sure there will be some that are classified as East TN.

Then why did they play a west school for the title?  Why did  they play Tyner in playoffs?  It seems they are on the east side of the playoff brackets.  Their schedule shows region 4

825693831[/snapback]

oops my bad....good pasture is now in region 5 but you are right they were in region 4 then and since lipscomb has always been with goodpasture I lumped them together....sorry!

Edited by Lions4ever

The question was East vs West...who will be better? Not how many of the titles will each division win? If you are going to do this right you are going to have to break it down into classifications and decide if East or West is stronger overall.

1A-West

2A-West

3A-West

4A-East

5A-East

Well lord knows they should since they have a cakewalk to the playoffs...The teams in the west don't have to look in other classes to find some competition, they get to beat up on each other every week....whoever said that the strength in 2a lies in the east is too funny....try playing the privates in 5aa some of the teams in 6aa, almost all the teams in 7aa and the Memphis powerhouses in 8aa and then we'll talk about where the strength is....until then its all about the west in 2a!

825693776[/snapback]

Look at their schedule before you speak...when y'all gonna schedule Maryville, McCallie and Fulton....better yet, when are you gonna drop the lame ducks on your schedule, THEN schedule those teams...that's what Alcoa did.\

Forget the "other" division stuff, comp is compand I can GUARANTEE Alcoa will be better prepared. They've already scrimmaged Knox Central