DB vs. ELIZABETHTON - WEEK '0' - AUG 19TH

GLee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a possibility.....but why would they think they needed scouts to beat Elizabethton? I thought they were huge favorites to win?

825709782[/snapback]

That's why they lost to Tennessee High about 8 years ago. They thought because they were 8-0 and we were 5-3 that it would be a cakewalk. They simply overlooked a team that was a very big underdog.

Boola Boola,

The 2 fellas in question were a couple of my boyz from down at the E-Z Snooze Hotel. We have been commisioned by Chic-fila to put together a 2006 Poster. Beings that Betsy Town is famous for another name... Cow Town, we was thinking we could find a couple of Hot Cover Cows local.... sadly, we were not correct in our thinking. Gaf Gaf!! The 2 fellas in trench coats will not return.

Special tonight @ the E-Z Snooze Hotel is 2 nights for the price of 3 (E-Gad!)

Boola Boola

Famous Amos

I heard about that.......maybe they should rent helicopters and high-powered scopes........whoever it may be.

825709692[/snapback]

We don't waste money on little ole helicopters... Didn't you know we go all out... in fact we just decommissioned our fleet of out-dated U2 spy planes after one got shot down over an certain nuclear plant... but we recently purchased a satelite that we do all our spying from now... this is just a taste of what we've got...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Elizabethton...15623&t=k&hl=en

That's why they lost to Tennessee High about 8 years ago. They thought because they were 8-0 and we were 5-3 that it would be a cakewalk. They simply overlooked a team that was a very big underdog.

825709786[/snapback]

If you guys had that much success with the Indians, why was it your coach's idea to take us off the schedule?

We don't waste money on little ole helicopters... Didn't you know we go all out... in fact we just decommissioned our fleet of out-dated U2 spy planes after one got shot down over an certain nuclear plant... but we recently purchased a satelite that we do all our spying from now... this is just a taste of what we've got...

825709876[/snapback]

You can't just get top secret info like that anywhere. Eastman really wants DB football to do well and they have purchased DB an arsenal of spy equipment. I could see the brand of footballs you guys are practicing with over there in E-Town, now that is some good stuff there,

Hey Twister Fans,

Boy, some of the DB fans are a little sarcastic,don't you think?

DB has a scrimmage today in J.Fred Johnson Stadium. It's going to start somewhere around 6:00 PM. I think it's against Knox Halls.

Pardon the written directions, but I have yet to get my guidance system installed.

Take I-26 North (that's away from JC), take the Wlicox Drive Exit, go past Eastman (you can't miss that), take Ft. Henry Drive and go to the left. Go about 1 mile and the Stadium will be on you right. No admission, no I.D.'s required, no concession stand, stop at the market on Ft. Henry. You show us yours and we'll show you ours.

Have a save trip.

Roll tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

If you guys had that much success with the Indians,  why was it your coach's idea to take us off the schedule?

825709904[/snapback]

headknocker,

In 1997, Tennessee High and DB renewed thier rivalry since they didn't play eachother for a few seasons. That year, Tennessee High's head coach was Tom Hundley, one of our greatest coaches ever. Tennessee High defeated DB 20-14 in OT and ended DB's undefeated streak. They overlooked the Vikings that year and were very upset emotionally after the game.

In 1998, BW Holt, one of the worst coaches ever, took over as head coach. He removed the horn decals and replaced them the "T", benched our best QB since the '70s, Robbie Spencer, to allow a Soph. relative to play QB. We were defeated by DB 35-7 that year. Holt also got us suspended from the playoffs one year and got himself suspended for two games. Coach Stubbs had to fill in for those games.

I honestly don't know why Holt would want to take DB off the schedule, but I'm glad Tennessee High decided to get rid of him.

Well Vikings... DB is going to be taking this Season, 1 game at a time. At current, Elizabethon Cyclones have 100% of the Indians attention. Then it will be Sullivan South, then it will be Oak Ridge... We won't be concentration on the Vikings at all, until Homecoming. You can be rest assured, the Vikings won't be overlooked then.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Well Vikings... DB is going to be taking this Season, 1 game at a time. At current, Elizabethon Cyclones have 100% of the Indians attention. Then it will be Sullivan South, then it will be Oak Ridge... We won't be concentration on the Vikings at all, until Homecoming. You can be rest assured, the Vikings won't be overlooked then.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825710011[/snapback]

I know. I was just trying to explain to him what happened. You all will have a good season opener against the Cyclones. I look for it to be very, very crowded.

Hey Twister Fans,

Boy, some of the DB fans are a little sarcastic,don't you think?

DB has a scrimmage today in J.Fred Johnson Stadium. It's going to start somewhere around 6:00 PM. I think it's against Knox Halls.

Pardon the written directions, but I have yet to get my guidance system installed.

Take I-26 North (that's away from JC), take the Wlicox Drive Exit, go past Eastman (you can't miss that), take Ft. Henry Drive and go to the left. Go about 1 mile and the Stadium will be on you right. No admission, no I.D.'s required, no concession stand, stop at the market on Ft. Henry. You show us yours and we'll show you ours.

Have a save trip.

Roll tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825709980[/snapback]

Thanks Art, but I think we know what we need to know. DB is a powerhouse year end and year out. Hence, the need to play DB. Play better teams and get better. Do appreciate the invite and feel free to come our way anytime. We were delighted to see the interest. Hopefully the Cyclones will be a bit better than the last time we saw you fellas. Good luck.........

825709876[/snapback]

Really.....we have a nice hefty contract with the Russians. They supply us with satellites and such. They are really concerned with the DB spys and are considering hiring hitmen to take them out. Those boys might want to watch their backs......

Edited by CountryBoy4Life