DB vs. ELIZABETHTON - WEEK '0' - AUG 19TH

GLee

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL-TIME SERIES NUMBERS

KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIANS VS ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES

**DB holds the all time series 51 Wins to 17 Wins by Elizabethton, there have been 4 Ties.. a total of 72 Games in this series. 38 games played in Kingsport, 34 in Elizabethton.

**1st games between the 2 schools was in 1926 a 75-0 DB win, which is the largest margin of victory in this series

**Elizabethton's first win in the series was in 1931... the score was 6-0, this was also the first game in the series played in Elizabethton.

**Elizabethton's largest margin of victory was 39-0, done twice, in 1938 & 1943

**Elizabthton's last win in the series was 1988, a 34-7 win in Kingsport

**DB and Elizabethton played every year from 1928 - 1994. Re-classification stopped a long standing rivalry yet again.

** Since then the 2 teams have only played twice leading into 2005.. In 1999 DB won on the Road 31-19and in 2000 DB won at home 33-0.

Looking forward to adding some history to an historic East TN Football Rivalry

Roll Tribe Roll

giddy Up!!

ALL-TIME SERIES NUMBERS

KINGSPORT DOBYNS-BENNETT INDIANS VS ELIZABETHTON CYCLONES

**DB holds the all time series 51 Wins to 17 Wins by Elizabethton, there have been 4 Ties.. a total of 72 Games in this series. 38 games played in Kingsport, 34 in Elizabethton.

**1st games between the 2 schools was in 1926 a 75-0 DB win, which is the largest margin of victory in this series

**Elizabethton's first win in the series was in 1931... the score was 6-0, this was also the first game in the series played in Elizabethton.

**Elizabethton's largest margin of victory was 39-0, done twice, in 1938 & 1943

**DB and Elizabethton played every year from 1928 - 1994. Re-classification stopped a long standing rivalry yet again.

** Since then the 2 teams have only played twice leading into 2005.. In 1999 DB won on the Road 31-19and in 2000 DB won at home 33-0.

Looking forward to adding some history to an historic East TN Football Rivalry

Roll Tribe Roll

giddy Up!!

825710080[/snapback]

Thanks for the stats, Art thumb

Really.....we have a nice hefty contract with the Russians. They supply us with satellites and such. They are really concerned with the DB spys and are considering hiring hitmen to take them out. Those boys might want to watch their backs......

825710066[/snapback]

825710080[/snapback]

Relying on the Russians??? I guess thats why yall haven't beaten DB since before the fall of the Soviet Union...

Edited by DRDB

Anyone have thoughts on the DB starting backfield after the first scrimmage?

If you saw the first hour of the scrimmage, did Devin Bingham and Andrew Pappas run the ball? From what I saw in the scrimmage, there could be a real QB Battle for the starting job going on at DB.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825710591[/snapback]

I would have thought that Burton would wrap up the QB job, but who is the guy he is going against? I was told Burton didn't get the bulk of the snaps in the passing leagues. I was impressed with Burton in Fresh & JV ball. Kind of a good problem to have if managed right.

Sam McCord (Sr.) and Bo Burtron (Jr.) may be a 2 QB system for the Indians. Sam was #2 QB last season and played alot at WR. From what I understand, McCord is the better Passer between the 2 and Burton is the better scrambler. Both have great speed. Whoever is at QB, the other will be at WR.

It was my understanding that McCord was the early #1 choice, but nothing has been settled yet. We'll know the answer in 12 days.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!