RIVERDALE VS. ALCOA

alcoasportsguy22

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh okay.

825694546[/snapback]

The game was at the brake out of WWI the coach and all but 7 of the players voluntered and went of to war. So the game comes up and the One of the players decided to coach and they rounded up what kappa sig's were left on campus and go on the train, the train stoped at nashville near vanderbilt and got some guys from their Kappa sig chapter and then went ahead and got on the train and made a stop near the University of the south or swane and got more kappa sig's and some regular students and went down to GT. well after the first half most of the guys on the team were hiding including on hiding behind the score board. and so the student coach went into the stands to ask for volunters to play. this was also one of the only games were there weren't any first downs. when gt got the ball they scored and when cumberland had the ball they turned it over.

oh and there was one worse beating in NCAA history between a two prep schools. 227 to 0

as a Cumberland Football player and a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraterity I hear this story about 20 times a year. oh and the football program was shut down later because the school was near bankruptcy. the school was then funded by the baptist or the methodist, and they decided to fund either traveca or belmont and cut CU from anymore funding so, the school had to sell the law school to samford university in alabama to stay afloat.

Edited by BigWesHall

The game was at the brake out of WWI the coach and all but 7 of the players voluntered and went of to war. So the game comes up and the One of the players decided to coach and they rounded up what kappa sig's were left on campus and go on the train, the train stoped at nashville near vanderbilt and got some guys from their Kappa sig chapter and then went ahead and got on the train and made a stop near the University of the south or swane and got more kappa sig's and some regular students and went down to GT. well after the first half most of the guys on the team were hiding including on hiding behind the score board. and so the student coach went into the stands to ask for volunters to play. this was also one of the only games were there weren't any first downs. when gt got the ball they scored and when cumberland had the ball they turned it over.

oh and there was one worse beating in NCAA history between a two prep schools. 227 to 0

as a Cumberland Football player and a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraterity I hear this story about 20 times a year. oh and the football program was shut down later because the school was near bankruptcy. the school was then funded by the baptist or the methodist, and they decided to fund either traveca or belmont and cut CU from anymore funding so, the school had to sell the law school to samford university in alabama to stay afloat.

825694588[/snapback]

Thanks Wes! I always wanted to know the story about it.

KS should have took their cannon to GT. :D

825694588[/snapback]

I'd like to get information on the 227-0 game. I see no record of it anywhere and all of the record books show the Cumberland vs. Georgia tech game. If you have any more details please share.

We can't talke about beating Riverdale until we beat Maryville! Riverdale is probably as big as Maryville and as fast as Alcoa!!

Now if Alcoa and Maryville combined schools.........ooooooh!! That would be a different story! ;)

825694483[/snapback]

I'm not sure Vandy could beat that combination. The beauty of that combo is that MHS lacks what Alcoa has and vice versa...the perfect imalgamation!!

Wow!! Don't I sound like a homer...I think it was me that called this thread stupid. ;);)