9/9/05 Centennial Away 7:30

9/16/05 Smyrna * Home 7:30

9/23/05 Brentwood Home 7:30

9/30/05 Lebanon * Away 7:30

10/7/05 Open

10/14/05 Wilson Central * Home 7:30

10/21/05 LaVergne * Away 7:30

10/28/05 Siegel * Away 7:30

I was going around local high school football websites and i came upon Blackman's Schedule and them playing exit 81a? I was wondering if anyone knows who Blackman plays in week 3. If anyone knows leave a reply.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny that they don't refer to Exit 81A by name. Blackman actually played Riverdale pretty tough in the playoffs in 2002, but has really fallen off since then. Any idea on what happened in Blaze Country?? TDC, I know you probably don't want to sling dirt on them, but I would imagine that you would be as plugged in to that system as anybody outside of Blackman High would, since your zone touches theirs.

The 'bright' spot for Blackman, if there is one, is the fact that their major tough games will be played on their home field. Add to this the fact that they get R'dale the week after R'dale plays a tough opponent in Ohio.

'If' they have the same kicker they had last year, they could surprise some folks by scoring with long field goals. I know they do that well as they did it on R'dale twice last season. That 6 points was ALOT better than alot of other teams did against R'dale!

Anyone know if their kicker has returned for this year?

The 'bright' spot for Blackman, if there is one, is the fact that their major tough games will be played on their home field.  Add to this the fact that they get R'dale the week after R'dale plays a tough opponent in Ohio.

'If' they have the same kicker they had last year, they could surprise some folks by scoring with long field goals.  I know they do that well as they did it on R'dale twice last season.  That 6 points was ALOT better than alot of other teams did against R'dale!

Anyone know if their kicker has returned for this year?

825695475[/snapback]

The kicker you speak of is Chip Rhome, who was only a sophmore last year. Kicking field goals maybe all fine and dandy for Blackman, but they have to get in range first :angry:

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Jun 28 2005 - 08:54 PM']The kicker you speak of is Chip Rhome, who was only a sophmore last year. Kicking field goals maybe all fine and dandy for Blackman, but they have to get in range first :angry:

Chip is a good long distance kicker. The only problem I've seen with him is his accuracy, which is not all that great. But he does have 2 more years to get better.

I have often joked that since there no more former RIVERDALE players on blackmans team they wont be successful but that is only kidding of course.

as far as how many wins blackman will get this year.....i see 1 for sure win and 2 maybe wins the for sure would be lavergne and the maybes would be oakland and seigal

I have often joked that since there no more former RIVERDALE players on blackmans team they wont be successful but that is only kidding of course. 

as far as how many wins blackman will get this year.....i see 1 for sure win and 2 maybe wins the for sure would be lavergne and the maybes would be oakland and seigal

825695847[/snapback]

That's the teams I picked them to beat or possibly beat.

It's not really a joke about the former Riverdale kids that made Blackman's football program so good at first. Half of our team the first 2-3 years came from Riverdale and Oakland. These 2 schools, especially Riverdale, work exceptionally hard and have a better mentality than teams like LaVergne do. We had guys who played at these 2 schools who knew what it took to win big time ball games.