Cumberland Gap

kingbrian3

• 2 weeks later...
CG will be fortunate to be the fourth team in the playoffs in their region...then sent home quick in the first round by Alcoa...the previous post was right on: they need to start running the ball because passing every down will get you beat if you can't do it on a consistent basis.

825699002[/snapback]

Who do you think will be the 4th playoff team in the region?

To me, I think it will come down to the winner of West Greene/Cumberland Gap

Give us a little info on Cumberland Gap. How many starters return, who are the key players, and how are they expected to do this season?

825696062[/snapback]

The Panthers lost 4 starters and a PK from last season. 2 to graduation, 1 to relocation, and 2 for personal reasons.

Returning are Utility Man Zeth Clemons (this kid can play anywhere on the field), QB Ryan Hoskins, RBs Trevor Hester, Brad Beason & Jake Shipley. Receivers Jeremy Mize, Jerry Branham, Gerald Branham, & Justin Peters. Linemen Chad Hall, Dustin Gulley, Daniel Smith, Tyler Griffin, Chris Gilbert, & Jon Mulneix.

Most of these play O & D just like they did a year ago, but are well conditioned, bigger, stronger, and quicker than last season, and have more depth than in the past 2 years.

They will pass, they will run, they will hit hard, and they will be exciting to watch!

G-P and Happy Valley should not overlook this scrappy bunch of Panthers. They are talented and hungry.

Who do you think will be the 4th playoff team in the region?

To me, I think it will come down to the winner of West Greene/Cumberland Gap

825703768[/snapback]

I could get into lots of trouble here, but I wouldn't look for West Greene to do a whole lot this season just like the last handful of seasons...with G-P, Happy Valley and South Greene 1-2-3, I'd go with the winner of CG and Chuckey-Doak before West Greene...

I could get into lots of trouble here, but I wouldn't look for West Greene to do a whole lot this season just like the last handful of seasons...with G-P, Happy Valley and South Greene 1-2-3, I'd go with the winner of CG and Chuckey-Doak before West Greene...

825707284[/snapback]

That is your opinion........but I will say something though.....although nobody gives us respect....i mean yes we have had some bad years in the past........we have a decent team this year, we have some young players who will have to be thrown into the fire but overall we are a good team.......and quiet honestly i wouldnt bet on Chuckey Doak beatin us this year, but thats my opinion, of course im gonna say were gonna win all the games, its natural for someone to say that about their team......i wish cumberland gap the best of luck this year