Alcoa vs. Huntingdon

westTN2004

"Very true, and an ego like that could be just enough distraction to get them beat by a good west tennessee team playing in a district like 7aa. take your pick from about 2 or 3 that could do it."

"please too much ego"

Untill one of these teams beats us, then you can keep taking the back seat to us.  How can you say we have to much ego, my last post was only facts, our only weakness is the secondary.  If you can find another weakness then please enlighten me.

Rebel Nation.....Only 54 more days untill the most anticipated game of the year.  I cant wait.

825696974[/snapback]

I hope everyone in Alcoa is thinking like him. If so, they may not even make it back to the state.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would turn out like last years 1a state title game with Huntingdon losing in 3 ot's on a deflected pass on a two point conversion for the win!!!

825696978[/snapback]

Wonder what would have happened last year if Huntingdon would have stayed with their ground game late in the third quarter. I think Boo got 10 carries the whole game. Three passes in a row from a non passing team with a 15 point lead. Hmmmm.

Guest catfish-hunter
Wonder what would have happened last year if Huntingdon would have stayed with their ground game late in the third quarter. I think Boo got 10 carries the whole game. Three passes in a row from a non passing team with a 15 point lead. Hmmmm.

825696987[/snapback]

EXACTLY thumb

BTW, what would have happened is Huntingdon would have taken a 21 OR 22 point lead (depending on whether or not they made the PAT) and Alcoa's will would have been broken. As it stands Bell (who was a senior on Alcoa's football team a year ago) returned a punt for a TD and the momentum was the Tornadoes for the rest of the night.

Huntingdon OUTCOACHED & MENTALLY BEAT THEMSELVES in a big game against a team that they were quite frankly better than. PERIOD!!!!

EXACTLY thumb

BTW, what would have happened is Huntingdon would have taken a 21 OR 22 point lead (depending on whether or not they made the PAT) and Alcoa's will would have been broken.  As it stands Bell (who was a senior on Alcoa's football team a year ago) returned a punt for a TD and the momentum was the Tornadoes for the rest of the night. 

Huntingdon OUTCOACHED & MENTALLY BEAT THEMSELVES in a big game against a team that they were quite frankly better than.  PERIOD!!!!

825697006[/snapback]

I agree with you on that one 100%. They had the lead at half-time, right? They should have kept pounding and pounding. But anyways "shoulda woulda coulda." It's time for a new season :lol:

I agree with you on that one 100%. They had the lead at half-time, right? They should have kept pounding and pounding. But anyways "shoulda woulda coulda." It's time for a new season  :)

825697010[/snapback]

you people have lost your mind. Alcoa was better than huntingdon in every aspect of the game. I've yet to meet a coach who thought huntingdon should have even stayed on the same field with alcoa that night. From the third quarter on Alcoa physically dominated that game and punted one time all night, one freaking time. The huntingdon defense was non existent all night. Even a good junior high team can make you punt once. The way that game was being played out that night you had to go for the jugular if you were huntingdon. heck, if huntingdon had run the ball 3 straight times and punted we would have all been crying about why didn't they keep doing what was working (i.e. passing the ball). :)

If both teams work hard this fall and a few new faces step up for Huntingdon, Ya'll may well be watchin' the answer to your question on the field at the 'Boro again. I know I'd like to see it happen. Especially since we don't have to compete with the Mustangs for a playoff spot now!!!!!

I do know one thing, I've NEVER seen the Mustangs totally overpowered in a football game EVER! They manage to stay in the hunt. Especially if they feel they have a score to settle.

Time will tell.

you people have lost your mind. Alcoa was better than huntingdon in every aspect of the game. I've yet to meet a coach who thought huntingdon should have even stayed on the same field with alcoa that night. From the third quarter on Alcoa physically dominated that game and punted one time all night, one freaking time. The huntingdon defense was non existent all night. Even a good junior high team can make you punt once. The way that game was being played out that night you had to go for the jugular if you were huntingdon. heck, if huntingdon had run the ball 3 straight times and punted we would have all been crying about why didn't they keep doing what was working (i.e. passing the ball). :)

825697075[/snapback]

Well, according to the experts Alcoa was probably more talented man for man. I will not argue that. I think they had 3 D-1 prospects playing that night.

However, Huntingdon was up 15 points midway in the 3rd QTR and had the ball on Alcoa's side of the field. Right after a turnover, created by the non existant defense. What hurt the D all night was a QB who could scramble and make big plays. We had not faced a QB even close to Feigler's talent all year. He was the difference maker in the game. I know Lindsay and Warren get the ink, but Feigler hurt us the most. Watch the film.

To second guess that series of downs is really a futile exercise, but I really think if the coach's had that one back they would have went back to H-town's bread and butter. RUN THE BALL DOWN THEIR THROATS WITH DONALD, ALL 215 LBS!!! Alcoa was ready to break. The punt swung ole MO back to them and they never let go of it after that.

Coach should pop that tape in at the start of two a days and remind those boys how close they were to another GOLD BALL. Should be nothing but motivation for the entire season.

COME ON MUSTANGS, Leave it all on the field this year for ALL 48 minutes every game.

GO STANGS!! thumb

Edited by truth225

truth225,

If you will think back to week 10 of last season, Hayes from McKenzie was pretty worrysome for the "Stangs too! It was a very decent game. I'm not putting Hayes in the same light as Feigler last season but, that kind of qb was a problem for the 'Stangs last year. Just a point to consider. I watched both games and the qb solution was the same problem for the Mustangs both times.

I'm thinkin' Mansfield is aware of it and is working on a cure. Hope he finds one RIGHT AFTER we play ya'll this year. Good Luck!!

truth225,

If you will think back to week 10 of last season, Hayes from McKenzie was pretty worrysome for the "Stangs too! It was a very decent game. I'm not putting Hayes in the same light as Feigler last season but, that kind of qb was a problem for the 'Stangs last year. Just a point to consider. I watched both games and the qb solution was the same problem for the Mustangs both times.

I'm thinkin' Mansfield is aware of it and is working on a cure. Hope he finds one RIGHT AFTER we play ya'll this year. Good Luck!!

825697101[/snapback]

BTW, last season's AA championship game was as good a HS football game as I've ever watched. It was a Monday morning qb's delight. There is a ton of pressure in a game like that ya'll. Only comparable to the NCAA national championship and the Super Bowl. These are HS people. They will make mistakes sometimes.

The cure for containing QBs like Fiegler and Hayes is having a D-line that's fast and can run through blocks like a battering ram. The '03 team had just about every bit of that, but that's all in the past, i know. I'm telling you, speed+strength is the key to containing those kind of QBs. Same goes for tough RBs like Rod Smith from Milan and Dustin Lindsey from Alcoa. So the cure is Speed+Strength.