HUGE, HUGE NEWS!

Hamm

Matt Keller is coming home guys and dolls!!!! Word has it that he was released from Nebraska because he missed us all so much and is transferring to UTC where in my own opinion will become one of the very next All-Americans for the Mocs!! I don't know about you all, but I'm definitely making it a point to check out all of the UTC local matches for the next couple of years!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was this announcement made? I am glad to hear Matt is coming back but would love to see the official press release of his being at UTC and what weight class he will be attempting to fill because if memory serves me (and i am too lazy to look this up) I think he would be competing with the Keefe's. Not that I don't think Matt could win I just think other weights are more needed for UTC.

Justin Blair  149  Fr.  Chattanooga, Tenn./The McCallie School

David Hicks  149  Fr.  Annapolis, Md./Old Mill HS

Kyle James  133  Fr.  Sale Creek, Tenn./Soddy Daisy HS (if he's still there)

Robert Buckhaults  141  So.  Savannah, Ga./Benedictine Military School

Josh Bosken  133/141  Fr.  Johnson City, Tenn./Science Hill HS

John Cofer  149  So.  Marietta, Ga./Sprayberry HS

Wayne French  149  Fr.  Malta, Mont./Malta HS

Jacob Harris  149  Sr.  Ft. Oglethorpe, Ga./Ridgeland HS

Dillon Jennings 133/141  Fr.  Clarksville, Tenn./Clarksville HS

Josh Keefe  133  So.  Ringgold, Ga./Ringgold HS

Michael Keefe  141  So.  Ringgold, Ga./Ringgold HS

Andy Lukanich  141  Fr.  Lagrange, Ill./Lyons Township HS

Adam Rains  133  So.  Cleveland, Tenn./Bradley Central HS

The cream will rise to the top.

825698787[/snapback]

I can't help but notice how much home grown talent there is in that group. It makes me very happy to see so many TN guys taking it to that level...

I believe we can add Cody Cleveland to this list as well.

825698889[/snapback]

Wow!!! I totally forgot to add Cody to the mix! Well lets just say that Chattanooga has been known the last few years to be deep in the lightweights. From what i understand, Keller would come in at 133 and the Keefes would move up a weight. This may not be totally accurate considering the state of the person that told me. Lets just stay tuned.

Bye the way, the announcement hasn't been made by UTC. But the listing was made in a Omaha newspaper on Wednesday. You can view it here:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=38&u_sid=1454786

Hamm-

1st, Thanks for the news accompanied with the 'confirmation' a la the Omaha press release.

2nd, Let me take this opportunity to direct you to this topic (and my guess) as it was presented on TheMat.com forums one month ago.  Just consider it a lucky guess on my part.  Too bad I wasn't right on both guesses.

<_<

825698979[/snapback]

Yeah Bama I had been following that thread for a while now. I always had a feeling it would be Keller, especially after hearing Coach Smith talk about the Blackmon brothers at a recent camp. Seemed to be that Coach Smith was pretty pleased with having both there and really looking for big things out of them...

Hamm,

Thanks for showing the "official" announcement.

• 1 month later...