1A Champion

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

This is not a rip on Trousdale Co.  I don't know them well enough to say good or bad.  The only thing I know is that the 3A region they were in was weak, and the teams from the region they played in the first and second round of the playoffs were weak as well.  I know 3A is 3A, but Mt. Pleasant dominated several 3A and 4A schools in scrimmages the past few years.  Just because a school drops back in classification, doesn't mean they will automatically dominate.  I hope Mt. Pleasant gets thier shot at them in the Clinic Bowl to finally end this debate.

Its almost time to Rumble in the Jungle.

825699562[/snapback]

Weak...yeah right. What are you basing that on? Maybe MP should be dubbed the new "scrimmage team of the fall". Scrimmages really don't mean much. Trousdale is very good. They will be very difficult to beat in 1a.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a rip on Trousdale Co.  I don't know them well enough to say good or bad.  The only thing I know is that the 3A region they were in was weak, and the teams from the region they played in the first and second round of the playoffs were weak as well.  I know 3A is 3A, but Mt. Pleasant dominated several 3A and 4A schools in scrimmages the past few years.  Just because a school drops back in classification, doesn't mean they will automatically dominate.  I hope Mt. Pleasant gets thier shot at them in the Clinic Bowl to finally end this debate.

Its almost time to Rumble in the Jungle.

825699562[/snapback]

exactly how could you call that region weak...It was more than weak it was prolly one of if not the toughest region in the state in 3a...They had four really good teams in that region who would do nothing but beat up on each other for a playoff spot...and for the last 2 years I know for a fact that 2 of these teams would come back around in the 3rd round of the playoffs to play each other...So I don't see how you could call that region weak that they come from...

I believe the reason so many people feel Trousdale will be so good is because of their sustained excellence. They dominated 1-A during the 1990's before they left and they continued to play at a high level two classifications higher. Since right around 1990, they really haven't had a dropoff of significance.

Some of their teams have been better than others, but year-in and year-out, they are excellent. They are the exact opposite of a one-year wonder.

The past is definitely the past, but there's just no reason to think they won't continue to be this tough for some time to come.

I believe the reason so many people feel Trousdale will be so good is because of their sustained excellence. They dominated 1-A during the 1990's before they left and they continued to play at a high level two classifications higher. Since right around 1990, they really haven't had a dropoff of significance.

Some of their teams have been better than others, but year-in and year-out, they are excellent. They are the exact opposite of a one-year wonder.

The past is definitely the past, but there's just no reason to think they won't continue to be this tough for some time to come.

825699814[/snapback]

As long as Satterfield stays...they will be a contender every year.

The only thing I know is that the 3A region they were in was weak, and the teams from the region they played in the first and second round of the playoffs were weak as well.

825699562[/snapback]

yeah....sooo weak. we only had 4 teams in the top 10 of the state. buncha pushovers.. :blink:

I don't see how Hampton can be in this poll.  They will not even win the Regional title.  I'm not saying that Cloudland can compete for the state, but they can and will beat Hampton, one way or the other.  The conference title will stay in Roan Mt.  thumb

825700142[/snapback]

WAIT A MINUTE DIDN'T HAMPTON BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF CLOUDLAND LAST YEAR

I THINK IT WAS 28 -6