Knox Central's Coach OUSTED?

splainshornet

I think they lost a good person and coach when Gaines Cox stepped down, but that is just my opinion!!  Does anyone know who has applied for the job?  Has Mike Cox, the softball coach, applied??

When is Harden Valley High School opening, is it this year??

825707808[/snapback]

No. It will likely be 3 or 4 years before the new school opens. They haven't even broken ground on it yet.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i hear tomorrow 8-9-05 there will be a meeting with the new AD at the commisioners building at fountaincity park

The only two that are being concidered are Mike Cox and Danny Sharp they both are a joke and will lose alot of players if they are hired Danny Sharp will tear down the team he doesnt know how to coach a team.only knows how to critisize players and cause trouble just ask karns

Coaching is NOT a popularity contest. Leadership means doing and saying things that people do not always want to hear. Great coaches are demanding which means asking people to go beyond what is comfortable. Any long time coach will have players that will run through a wall for them, AND there will be players that had a negative experience. Coach Sharp, Coach Mike Cox, Coach Gaines Cox- or any coach in Knoxville or Morristown or anywhere for that case are somewhere in the middle. Normal average men that neither walk on water nor should they have darts thrown at them on a high school message board.

# 2 I doubt and / or hope that any school administrator would not state in an open public meeting the details of a coaching search. I will admit there should not be white smoke burning in the smoke stack at Central High School, but the gerenal community should not know the inter workings of the process.

# 3 if there are only 2 canidates for the job what has the community done to scare off canidates.

What are the positves and the negatives of the job ?

Facilities ?

Players ?

Relationship with other sports/coaches ?

Salary ?

Administrative support ?

Community support ?

Feeder program ?

When will the hire to made ?

I think the reason that Coach Keith Jones AST. from JCHS pulled his name from the Powell job is that he is a canidate and I hear that there is a top AST. from a very successful high school in Knoxville is a strong canidate (not Farragut nor Bearden but a team in DISTRICT 4)

• 2 weeks later...