In the history of the Huntingdon Mustangs

MB77

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was the best offensive and/or defensive player in Huntingdon Mustang history?---OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

825700249[/snapback]

Good question.. Lots of good players on both sides of the ball. Too many going through my mind. I have lots of good memories of watching the Mustangs over the years and I know some will get left out.

Probably the two most famous on the offensive side that comes to my mind first are Larry Stewart and Tim Priest. On the defensive side I'd have to say Quinton Hampton and Reggie Gordon. Hampton hit a guy from Lexington one night and they had to call the ambulance to come get him... :blink: I remember playing at Camden and the Lions kept trying to run to Reggie Gordon's side and he kept killing them all night. 2nd half the QB from Camden rolls out to pass the opposite side of Reggie and he comes up on the blind side and gives the QB a hard shove and put him out of the game. If he had hit him I think he would have put him in Shackleford Funeral Home....

Good question..  Lots of good players on both sides of the ball.  Too many going through my mind.  I have lots of good memories of watching the Mustangs over the years and I know some will get left out.

Probably the two most famous on the offensive side that comes to my mind first are Larry Stewart and Tim Priest.  On the defensive side I'd have to say Quinton Hampton and Reggie Gordon.  Hampton hit a guy from Lexington one night and they had to call the ambulance to come get him...  :blink: I remember playing at Camden and the Lions kept trying to run to Reggie Gordon's side and he kept killing them all night.  2nd half the QB from Camden rolls out to pass the opposite side of Reggie and he comes up on the blind side and gives the QB a hard shove and put him out of the game.  If he had hit him I think he would have put him in Shackleford Funeral Home....

825700266[/snapback]

All time leading rusher and a state champion, Terrance Bell. The kid was the best i've ever seen .

Guest catfish-hunter
All time leading rusher and a state champion, Terrance Bell. The kid was the best i've ever seen .

825700295[/snapback]

Bell's performance two years ago in the 'Boro was the best I have ever seen thumb

who said anything about that?

825700568[/snapback]

Larry Stewart was an All-American from Huntingdon and was a tremendous player. After he left Huntingdon he went to play for Baylor University in Ft.Worth, Texas. If you know Huntingdon history then you know all about Larry Stewart. He is the only player from Huntingdon to be named to the AP All-American team.

• 2 weeks later...