The Camden Lions

rcombs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know my answer man...we have all the tools in place to be in the Boro come Dec...week 0 and week 1 will tell alot about just how well these players will play together as a team....but regardless of the outcome of those two games I see the Lions headed to the playoffs again only this time as the region champs thumb ...the future is looking bright in Benton Co!

You know my answer man...we have all the tools in place to be in the Boro come Dec...week 0 and week 1 will tell alot about just how well these players will play together as a team....but regardless of the outcome of those two games I see the Lions headed to the playoffs again only this time as the region champs thumb ...the future is looking bright in Benton Co!

825701192[/snapback]

To be in the state championship game in December, you better improve that passing game/secondary. I was at McKenzie's passing league game last night and they were throwin TD's all over the place. I think the final score was 10-0. A team that can pass at all and has any kind of line to stop your rush should tear that secondary to pieces.

To be in the state championship game in December, you better improve that passing game/secondary. I was at McKenzie's passing league game last night and they were throwin TD's all over the place. I think the final score was 10-0. A team that can pass at all and has any kind of line to stop your rush should tear that secondary to pieces.

825701310[/snapback]

The secondary and receiving have been a question mark for this season agreed...hopefully Coach will have that all ironed out by week 0...I think its just a matter of putting the right personnel in place which means some that were used to going only one way may have to play both sides of the ball until some of the less experienced players catch up...I have confidence that Coach Ward can make that happen. Thanks for the info I hadn't heard much about how the passing league has been going.

The secondary and receiving have been a question mark for this season agreed...hopefully Coach will have that all ironed out by week 0...I think its just a matter of putting the right personnel in place which means some that were used to going only one way may have to play both sides of the ball until some of the less experienced players catch up...I have confidence that Coach Ward can make that happen.  Thanks for the info I hadn't heard much about how the passing league has been going.

825701317[/snapback]

It looked like you had some size and some skill in the secondary, they just weren't breaking to the ball and making plays. They were also out of position alot of the time. I'm sure that Coach Ward will have them improved alot by the time the season starts. You also have to remember that you weren't playing a rinky dink pass team either. McKenzie is probably one of the top passing teams around here, so you are practicing against quality competition, which can only make you better in the long run. Good luck to Camden.

It looked like you had some size and some skill in the secondary, they just weren't breaking to the ball and making plays. They were also out of position alot of the time. I'm sure that Coach Ward will have them improved alot by the time the season starts. You also have to remember that you weren't playing a rinky dink pass team either. McKenzie is probably one of the top passing teams around here, so you are practicing against quality competition, which can only make you better in the long run. Good luck to Camden.

825701339[/snapback]

So true...if we looked that bad against say Huntingdon or Westview or some of the other traditionally run- oriented squads I'd be more worried, but against Drew???...nah I'm just proud we didn't go down by 20! :ph34r: ...One of Camden's strengths again will be an agressive pass rush which you don't get to see in the passing league and I agree Coach Ward will have everybody's heads (and feet!) screwed on straight by the time Aug 20th rolls around.....good luck to the Rebs this year cause we'll be pulling for ya'll over in Benton Co. thumb

Edited by Lions4ever

So true...if we looked that bad against say Huntingdon or Westview or some of the other traditionally run- oriented squads I'd be more worried, but against Drew???...nah I'm just proud we didn't go down by 20! :lol: ...One of Camden's strengths again will be an agressive pass rush which you don't  get to see in the passing league and I agree Coach Ward will have everybody's heads (and feet!) screwed on straight by the time Aug 20th rolls around.....good luck to the Rebs this year cause we'll be pulling for ya'll over in Benton Co. thumb

825701345[/snapback]

Well, the pass rush will be the difference.

825701310[/snapback]

If it would have been a real game and yall had been doing what u did that day at passing league our quarterback would have ran all over you and it was kind of hard to throw when you have all the coaches with mckenzie and everytime we came out to pass everyone would drop back,so if it would have been a real game we would ran all over them!!!!!!!!!!!

If it would have been a real game and yall had been doing what u did that day at passing league our quarterback would have ran all over you and it was kind of hard to throw when you have all the coaches with mckenzie and everytime we came out to pass everyone would drop back,so if it would have been a real game we would ran all over them!!!!!!!!!!!

825701968[/snapback]

I don't question your ability to run the ball at all. I also don't really question your offense, because when push comes to shove you don't pass the ball all that much anyway. I do, however, question your secondary. Everyone was ready for pass since we couldn't run, and yet we still threw all over you. I'm sure your pass rush would've helped a ton... but I can guarantee you that we still would've gotten alot of those touchdowns even with complete teams on the field. Many drives were made of quick routes and would've been completed by the time Drew had pressure.

Remember McKenzie fans, those passes weren't long ones.  You guys benefitted from Camden turning the ball over about 10 times.  Your qb had great field position.  The score should have been Camden 70, McKEnzie - 14.  Because you guys couldn't stop the Camden offense, at all.  JUst an opinion.

825702005[/snapback]

Are you talking about last years game, or this years passing league game? Because I don't see how you can say we didn't stop Camden's offense at all in the passing league game. They scored 0 times. We had quite a few great plays made by our linebackers and secondary. If you're talking about last years game (Which I'm not sure why you would be) then Camden did drive the ball on us well. We turned around and did the same thing to them though. It was a hard fought game on both sides, so lets not bring up the good and bad about it.

Edited by ChipsAhoy!

Guest catfish-hunter
Remember McKenzie fans, those passes weren't long ones.  You guys benefitted from Camden turning the ball over about 10 times.  Your qb had great field position.  The score should have been Camden 70, McKEnzie - 14.  Because you guys couldn't stop the Camden offense, at all.  JUst an opinion.

825702005[/snapback]

Can you say COCKY???