Freshman Playing Varsity

PANTHERPRIDE79

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want to talk youth, Centennial will start 4 sophs and one freshman on defense next Friday against Lavergne. They will rotate in 4 more sophs and another freshman(DB). Now granted the Freshman DE is 6'6" 225, but he is a Freshman and not an older one either he is just 14. And this is 5A ball.

825720110[/snapback]

THATS VERY IMPRESSIVE

A & AA Freshmen can both play and contribute due to numbers

AAA Only the very best will get any real playing time

AAAA  You will see a very select few play on the varsity special teams and then play a JV or Freshmen game during the week

5A & D2 AAA  Get real, they will get killed unless they are an older freshmen and then they had best be very big.  They should play freshmen ball on Thursday afternoons.  If these schools are playing freshmen they are probably a less than 500 team.

825703435[/snapback]

BA has an 8th grader that starts on the defensive line. #56 thumb

Marion County (2A) started three freshmen tonight, an offensive SE, a defensive LB, and a third that played both sides. Yes, I know, we lost in OT, but I thought the three freshmen played well thoughout the game. Two completed passes, several hard blocks and tackles, and one stripped football returned for a TD. Not bad for freshmen play. These guys may not be quite big enough for upper tier play, but for their level, they performed well.

MARKUS CANTRELL OF NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD IS PROBALLY THE BEST FRESHMAN IN THE STATE, HE PLAYS RB AND DB.HE WILL BE A NAME 2 REMEMBER IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS,HE WILL CONTRIBUTE ALOT THIS SEASON..ANOTHER FRESHMAN ON THAT TEAM IS SAM HOPPER A 6'1 220 LINEBACKER WHO CAN MOVE LIKE A DEER.....AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE MAPLEWOOD :lol:

MARKUS CANTRELL OF NASHVILLE MAPLEWOOD IS PROBALLY THE BEST FRESHMAN IN THE STATE, HE PLAYS RB AND DB.HE WILL BE A NAME 2 REMEMBER IN THE NEXT 4 YEARS,HE WILL CONTRIBUTE ALOT THIS SEASON..ANOTHER FRESHMAN ON THAT TEAM IS SAM HOPPER A 6'1 220 LINEBACKER WHO CAN MOVE LIKE A DEER.....AND I DON'T EVEN LIKE MAPLEWOOD :)

825721250[/snapback]

[/quote

I agree. I've seen Maplewood twice in scrimmages and once in the jamboree this summer and they have some very good looking freshmen. They have a 9th grade QB that stands about 6'3 and several linemen and other skill position players that are big for 9th graders ( AND I'M NOT TALKING FAT BOYS EITHER ). If the Cantrell kid is the same kid that ran the ball vs Antioch in the jamboree ( #2 ), then he IS gonna be something special. I heard they've had all of them at practice all summer. If they can keep this group together they will definitely turn around that team

Edited by oct15

• 1 month later...