Top Point guard in TN

fun_basketball

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just curious...Who is the best pg in the state? I have seen 2 pretty good pg's this weekend at the AAU tourney. I saw Dawn Evans with TN Pride and Angela Puelo with Tenn Flight and they were both extremley good. I know they both only be juniors but does it get better than these two in TN.

825705150[/snapback]

Depends on the age cutoff! What age are you seeking information on - 14U? :(

I'm just curious...Who is the best pg in the state? I have seen 2 pretty good pg's this weekend at the AAU tourney. I saw Dawn Evans with TN Pride and Angela Puelo with Tenn Flight and they were both extremley good. I know they both only be juniors but does it get better than these two in TN.

825705150[/snapback]

Shy Marsh and LaCrystel Goss (both with the Lady Stingers , both with the A-E Roadrunners , both Soph. and both can play the one or two guard ) are two of the quickist guards on Defense in the State. Oh by the way they can also shoot.

825705150[/snapback]

I have seen 2 others that I believe merit attention both play the 1 and 2 spots, Alyson Butler of Walker Valley and Jackie Pickel of Bradley will both be sr. this year.

Both have great scoring and defensive abilities. Both are also in the 5'10" range so they have good size for the position.

are evans and puelo the 2 best juniors in the state of TN ?

825705727[/snapback]

Depends on what your looking for. These two are very offensive and would make good 2 guards but at the point make some bad decisions. The little guard for the flight made good decisions and I noticed played point late in the game the further the flight advanced.

I can't believe this thread has gone this far without evening mentioning classAAA Miss Basketball Candidate Casha Foster. In my opinion Casha's just as fast as Pikel and she does a better job than Jackie of making her teamates better. Bottom line---- Casha Foster-Pt. guard for the CCHS Lady Jets--- Best PG in the state hands down, and anybody who has seen her play and has ne sense at all will agree with me! :huh:

I can't believe this thread has gone this far without evening mentioning classAAA Miss Basketball Candidate Casha Foster. In my opinion Casha's just as fast as Pikel and she does a better job than Jackie of making her teamates better. Bottom line---- Casha Foster-Pt. guard for the CCHS Lady Jets--- Best PG in the state hands down, and anybody who has seen her play and has ne sense at all will agree with me! :D

825711178[/snapback]

Foster plays man defense better than anybody that I have seen in the last three years. As a freshmen she showed that skill. :D

Edited by jimbo44

First off Cait McMahan is the best point guard in the State of Tennessee and if you don't think so then go ask Pat Summitt what she thinks. Cait is rated a top 15 player in the Nation. It kills me to see people get on here and compare kids and say they are better than a player like Cait. If you don't believe me go watch her and you will see for yourself that she is the best.

As far as the Foster kid she is a very nice player. But to compare her in the same sentence as McMahan and Pickel is very funny. McMahan and Pickel are two of the top 5 players in this state and if you don't believe me then how come every major college program in the nation recruited them and they both decided to stay in state with one going to Tennessee and the other going to MTSU.

The young guards Evans and Puleo are very very good players also. They both will be two of the best PG in the 2007 class in the state of Tennessee.

First off Cait McMahan is the best point guard in the State of Tennessee and if you don't think so then go ask Pat Summitt what she thinks. Cait is rated a top 15 player in the Nation. It kills me to see people get on here and compare kids and say they are better than a player like Cait. If you don't believe me go watch her and you will see for yourself that she is the best.

As far as the Foster kid she is a very nice player. But to compare her in the same sentence as McMahan and Pickel is very funny. McMahan and Pickel are two of the top 5 players in this state and if you don't believe me then how come every major college program in the nation recruited them and they both decided to stay in state with one going to Tennessee and the other going to MTSU.

The young guards Evans and Puleo are very very good players also. They both will be two of the best PG in the 2007 class in the state of Tennessee.

825711854[/snapback]

Hey listen Bucko! I don't know about the Mcmahan Kid that Summit Recruited, But I've seen Foster go head to head with Pickel and absolutely eat her LUNCH. Casha's better than Pickel, and I'm sure anyone who HAS SEEN HER PLAY would agree. Recruiting is all abou what school you go to, and what AAU program youplayed for. Not knockin the college coaches but they go to the places that have spawned good ball players in the past. Case in point--- Bradley Central Former home of lady vol great Brittany Jackson, Oh yeah and coach Insley just happened to have coached Pickel on his AAU team. By the way Insley's going to flop in the College ranks! He's going to learn that it's alot easier to get a teenaged kid to respect you than a top noch College athlete!! thumb

Hey listen Bucko! I don't know about the Mcmahan Kid that Summit Recruited, But I've seen Foster go head to head with Pickel and absolutely eat her LUNCH. Casha's better than Pickel, and I'm sure anyone who HAS SEEN HER PLAY would agree. Recruiting is all abou what school you go to, and what AAU program youplayed for. Not knockin the college coaches but they go to the places that have spawned good ball players in the past. Case in point--- Bradley Central Former home of lady vol great Brittany Jackson, Oh yeah and coach Insley just happened to have coached Pickel on his AAU team. By the way Insley's going to flop in the College ranks! He's going to learn that it's alot easier to get a teenaged kid to respect you than a top noch College athlete!! thumb

825712110[/snapback]

Wow, a Bucko reference, just relax and take deep breaths it will all be okay and your ability to spell will even return.

You can't let Showtime7 get to you that way as usual he is only doing PR for the SSS as all the players he touted are SSS players. Generally he only grudgingly admits that good players exist outside of the SSS.

But Jet it will be interesting to see who eats whose lunch when Casha goes up against Pickel and Butler (WVHS) as both are headed to College careers Butler looks to be going to evil Bama.

Announcements