McNairy Central

bobcat67

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on which ones.  Murphy Fair's coaches poll had Liberty and South Side at 1 and 2.  It seems like the one mg is referring to had Liberty and McNairy at 1 and 2.

825706796[/snapback]

Hmmmm.......I really have no clue, but I think people are underestimating Lexington a bit because of how much and who they lost. They will still have enough talent to make things interesting. Don't know if they have enough to win the region, but they will be competitve with everyone.

I still say Fayette-Ware is the wild card in this bunch and when they play teams are going to make a huge impact on this region. They play McNairy week 2 and then don't have another region game until week 6 and I think they will improve a lot during that stretch. Even if they don't get in, I say they win a region game or two and have a say-so in final standings.

Duckman doesn't play for us, he's just an avid fan and follower of the program. You won't find that many players posting on this site. Most coaches look down on reading it, much less posting on it.

825706370[/snapback]

Yeah, what ChipsAhoy said. See ya'll in a week!

When I was a Rebel, I was O line (RG) and a LB on defense. #64 (#76 first two years.) But, that was BYWB (before you were born!!!) thumb

Hmmmm.......I really have no clue, but I think people are underestimating Lexington a bit because of how much and who they lost.  They will still have enough talent to make things interesting.  Don't know if they have enough to win the region, but they will be competitve with everyone.

I still say Fayette-Ware is the wild card in this bunch and when they play teams are going to make a huge impact on this region.  They play McNairy week 2 and then don't have another region game until week 6 and I think they will improve a lot during that stretch.  Even if they don't get in, I say they win a region game or two and have a say-so in final standings.

825706815[/snapback]

I've had a couple of coaches tell me that Lexington is stacked again. You're right, it's easy to discount them with the losses from last year's senior class.

This region may end up being a lot better top to bottom than I originally thought.

that's the way it's gonna be too...

825706576[/snapback]

Even though Jackson SS only has 2 starters on d and 4 on offense, They are going to be good this year. Liberty, SS, and Mcnairyco. will battle for 1st in the region.

The defense is going to be tough again this year. Alex Hayes is alot like Kiser. This is his 4th year starting at LB and he's a good one( 3a- preseason all-state) and he's a hard nose FB. They have alot of talent and size in the line and speed in the sec.

On offense they will be better this year than last. they have 3 starter back on the line- bruce tipler(6-4 320 jr.) tosh(6-0 205)sr. William cole(5-10 235) they have 4 rb's that will gain 500 plus yards each( a. tate5-8 170)( a. hayes6-0 215)(j. forrest5-11 205) and Mosely(5-9 165 fastest on the team) They will eat up yards and first downs 10 min drives. the passing game is alittle weak this year but they will surprise a few cbs.

I've had a couple of coaches tell me that Lexington is stacked again.  You're right, it's easy to discount them with the losses from last year's senior class.

This region may end up being a lot better top to bottom than I originally thought.

825706931[/snapback]

I'm expecting Lexington to return to good ol' fashioned Stoweball and run the ball 85% of the time or more. It will be interesting to see how many different ways they try to get the ball in Buckey's hands.

And you're right, people wrote this region off when Crockett left and rightfully so when you compare it to region 7-3A (it is stacked), but I think that it's going to have some pretty good football top-to-bottom.

Edited by Solomon

Guest catfish-hunter

There are at least 6 teams in region 5-3A that have a legit shot at making the playoffs this upcoming fall and here is why:

David Lipscomb: TRADTION!!! Glen McCadams has won two state titles as the head football coach at David Lipscomb. Linebacker Braden Binkley, who was an all-state football player in '04, simply to put it is a tackling machine.

Page: The Patriots return their entire offensive line from a year ago. Running behind that line will be senior tailback Josh McMurray who rushed for nearly 2,000 yards in '04.

Creek Wood: Returns EVERYBODY to a team that in it's third season on the varsity level. Wide Reciever/Running Back Cody McCanless might be the most versitile offensive football player in the region.

Cheatham Co.: The Cubs have won a bunch of football games over the past two seasons and they return alot of talented experienced football players this season. Tailback Landon Jones, who rushed for 1,500 yards a year ago leads the way.

Montgomery Central: The Indians made the playoffs for the first time since '99 a year ago and they also return a great duo in the backfield from last year's team. Running Back Jeffery Lyle rushed for 1,300 yards last year and his backfield mate Benton Jackson nearly rushed for an additional 1,000 and returned three kicks for touchdowns in the process.

Marshall Co.: Although the Tigers are gonna be young this fall and have a new head coach in William Johnson they are traditionally a quality 3A football program. Kellen Gower, who started quite a few games for Kevin Bishop last season and saw extensive action in others, should really succeed in Johnson's spread attack with most of his recieving core returning.

TheBoredGuy, NOW YOU HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING thumb

We may be a decent team in class A. We'll see. But, if we can stack up with ya'll in the scrimmage next week, we'll be huntin' the gold ball at the 'boro in class A!!!! I'll agree though, it'll be good to see everybody back on the playin' field.

825706332[/snapback]

Yea im ready for the scrimmage on friday to see how we are doing so far on offense and defense. so far practices have been very smooth on offense and defense.im glad though that we always scrimage good teams and not sucky teams so that we can see where we are. good luck every body

brian anthony left offensive tackle #68

• 2 weeks later...