What game would you like to see?

westTN2004

Sure, it would even be great to see Riverdale play all 10 of their games versus nationally ranked teams, but you as well as I know that things dont work like that. To the best of my knowledge, this is Riverdale's first time playing an out of state opponent, you have to start somewhere. Who knows, Riverdale might try to arrange an out of state game every year from now on. They know that Kilbourne will be the best team they play this regular season, no one is expecting them to be a pushover. Remember that while rankings are based on factual information, they are also based on opinions.

Just because this team is not nationally ranked, does not mean that it will be just another easy "W". In fact, just because they are not nationally ranked really means nothing B)

825707067[/snapback]

We've played some teams out of kentucky before

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, it would even be great to see Riverdale play all 10 of their games versus nationally ranked teams, but you as well as I know that things dont work like that. To the best of my knowledge, this is Riverdale's first time playing an out of state opponent, you have to start somewhere. Who knows, Riverdale might try to arrange an out of state game every year from now on. They know that Kilbourne will be the best team they play this regular season, no one is expecting them to be a pushover. Remember that while rankings are based on factual information, they are also based on opinions.

Just because this team is not nationally ranked, does not mean that it will be just another easy "W". In fact, just because they are not nationally ranked really means nothing B)

825707067[/snapback]

Maybe I'm the only guy outside of the Riverdale family that feels this way, but I hope they go to Ohio and spank Kilbourne. Whether people like it or not Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, and BA are still the primary faces of Tennessee high school football and when they succeed against out of state teams then the state as a whole looks better.

So for all of the Riverdale haters out there, you should consider cheering them on in this game, because if they lose it makes you look even worse when Riverdale beats you 63-0! thumb

Maybe I'm the only guy outside of the Riverdale family that feels this way, but I hope they go to Ohio and spank Kilbourne.  Whether people like it or not Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, and BA are still the primary faces of Tennessee high school football and when they succeed against out of state teams then the state as a whole looks better.

So for all of the Riverdale haters out there, you should consider cheering them on in this game, because if they lose it makes you look even worse when Riverdale beats you 63-0! thumb

825707074[/snapback]

Thats the spirit :lol: thumb

Maybe I'm the only guy outside of the Riverdale family that feels this way, but I hope they go to Ohio and spank Kilbourne.  Whether people like it or not Riverdale, Maryville, MBA, and BA are still the primary faces of Tennessee high school football and when they succeed against out of state teams then the state as a whole looks better.

825707074[/snapback]

Solomon, you are truly wise. thumb

I could care less if Riverdale  ever plays any powerhouse teams from out of state. All I wanted is for him to play some POWERHOUSE teams IN STATE in the regular season like MBA, BA,Maryville,  etc.  Scrimmaging them  means absolutely nothing.  The bottom line is that RHS could have played someone in state  for game one if Rankin had scheduled teams when everyone else was doing theirs . Instead..... he stated it was  his "family" time . I am not be-grudging the guy his right to family time....but he is still getting a supplement  after season . So.....  either do your  JOB and do a schedule OR appoint one of his 30 coaches to do it. And how is it "family" time when he is off job hunting in Cleveland or elsewhere?

Now getting that off my  chest....I have already stated in another thread that I am anxious for RHS to thump Ohio. I definitely think they will represent the state of TN admirably. And I am definitely cheering for them to do so. Go Warriors!

825707112[/snapback]

Coach Rankin is a family man, if you have ever been around him for even a short amount of time you will see that. You will see him with his family out there on the field after all the games. If he says he was taking family time, then you can be sure that was exactly what he was doing.

You forget we ARE talking about the NATIONAL head coach of the year. Yes the same one that "recruits, lies, turns his back on the dynasty he built to look for jobs at other schools," all that mumbo jumbo. Ya'll all critize EVERYTHING he does but he must be doing something right for the past 15 years just take a few minutes and look back on his success with the program he built.

825707074[/snapback]

Oh dont get me wrong I hope Riverdale goes up there and hangs 50 on those boys. It only makes the state look better.

Coach Rankin is a family man, if you have ever been around him for even a short amount of time you will see that. You will see him with his family out there on the field after all the games. If he says he was taking family time, then you can be sure that was exactly what he was doing.

You forget we ARE talking about the NATIONAL head coach of the year. Yes the same one that "recruits, lies, turns his back on the dynasty he built to look for jobs at other schools," all that mumbo jumbo. Ya'll all critize EVERYTHING he does but he must be doing something right for the past 15 years just take a few minutes and look back on his success with the program he built.

825707311[/snapback]

In my opinion, there is absolutely no excuse to not attend the Region 4 5 A football banquet to see your boys rewarded for all their efforts . To me that simply shows disrespect for Your team and for YOUR assts and also for all the other kids and coaches from the other region schools.I am sure ALL the other coaches from Riverdale would have liked to have been home with THEIR families that night too. To miss once might be understandable, but to miss every yr ....simply UNACCEPTABLE.

Now back to the topic at hand........another game I would enjoy seeing would be the Franklin vs Brentwood game. This game features a ton of emotion and has become one of the best rivalries around.They have really had somebarnburners the last few years.But, I am wondering with Johnson gone if it will carry the same meaning or not .

Edited by 2priceless