Region 4-4A

clevelandblueraiderfan

Welcome back region 4-4A fans, ready for another great season of football? I know I sure am. Hey, and lets welcome the new teams in the region, Walker Valley and White Co. We are glad to have you guys join us. Man, I really missed region 4-4A football during the offseason. The games where anybody can win on any night, the upsets, the "barn burners", the excitement in the stands, and just good ole knock 'em out football! Well, since we are getting ready to get back in the groove, who do you guys think is this year's team(s) to watch and which team(s) will surprise us all?

Pre-season Polls:

Coaches:

1.Rhea Co.

2.Cleveland

4.White Co.

6.Walker Valley

T7.Brainerd

T7.Chattanooga Central

Media:

1.Cleveland

2.Rhea Co.

5.White Co.

6.Chattanooga Central

7.Walker Valley

8.Brainerd

I dont know where Red Bank and Hixson go in these polls, thats why they are not on there.

Edited by clevelandblueraiderfan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back region 4-4A fans, ready for another great season of football? I know I sure am. Hey, and lets welcome the new teams in the region, Walker Valley and White Co. We are glad to have you guys join us. Man, I really missed region 4-4A football during the offseason. The games where anybody can win on any night, the upsets, the "barn burners", the excitement in the stands, and just good ole knock 'em out football! Well, since we are getting ready to get back in the groove, who do you guys think is this year's team(s) to watch and which team(s) will surprise us all?

Pre-season Polls:

Coaches:

1.Rhea Co.

2.Cleveland

4.White Co.

6.Walker Valley

T7.Brainerd

T7.Chattanooga Central

Media:

1.Cleveland

2.Rhea Co.

5.White Co.

6.Chattanooga Central

7.Walker Valley

8.Brainerd

I dont know where Red Bank and Hixson go in these polls, thats why they are not on there.

825706169[/snapback]

I think that Red Bank was 3 in both polls and Hixson and White County were tied for 4 in the Coaches. In the Media Poll Hixson was 4 and White County was 5.

Don't count out White County.........

825706514[/snapback]

Very true! They've had a rough go of it in White Co. over the past few seasons. I have no idea why, as I am not connected with them, so I won't speculate. This is not typical of the White Co. teams I played against in school. They play a fairly heavy schedule every year with several 5A opponents. They are very capable of an upset on just about any night.

Now, as far as region 4-4A, I'm going to have to go with Cleveland then Rhea Co. Not that I know that much about either team, but I know that Cleveland is always a tough team. The new coach(es) this season could hurt a bit to start off, just because they are trying to get their system in place with a team that has been lead by another coach in the past.

Good luck to all in 4-4A this season. My team, Cookeville, will be seeing some of you guys on the field this year! Hope to get down for a few of them if I can sneak away from VA! :blink: I would love to get down there for the White Co. game, that's always a wild game, no matter what the scoreboard says, but week 1 is just impossible to pull off. My asst. coaches in youth ball and head coach at the middle school would have me arrested if I tried to do that! <_<

White County is looking to come into the new Region with style by winnng it all. Though I'd be satisfied with just a playoff berth.

825706579[/snapback]

Le's don't get too cocky now! <_< No, seriously, I hope you guys do well in 4-4A. Seems like some pretty good competition there. Who is the HC at White Co. now? Wasn't Boo Lamb there a few years ago?

Le's don't get too cocky now! <_< No, seriously, I hope you guys do well in 4-4A.  Seems like some pretty good competition there.  Who is the HC at White Co. now?  Wasn't Boo Lamb there a few years ago?

825706583[/snapback]

Dickie Brown is the coach........He use to coach at Bledsoe County........Very good coach......one thing about him he doesn't take any crap from nobody.......

Le's don't get too cocky now! <_< No, seriously, I hope you guys do well in 4-4A.  Seems like some pretty good competition there.  Who is the HC at White Co. now?  Wasn't Boo Lamb there a few years ago?

825706583[/snapback]

Lamb was here from 99-02, compiling a 9-21 record (and a playoff appearance).

Now we have Coach Dickie Brown in da Hizzouse. thumb

Lamb was here from 99-02, compiling a 9-21 record (and a playoff appearance).

Now we have Coach Dickie Brown in da Hizzouse. thumb

825706587[/snapback]

Whoa 9-21?!? Maybe that's why the switch. I went to school with Boo is the reason I was asking. What's happened in the last few years at White Co?