Page Classic

KYdigsTN

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi digs,

I only have a partial list: Smyrna, Ravenwood, Briarcrest, Spring Hill, D. Lipscomb, BGA, Page, Centennial, and Lafayette (Ky). I think USJ is coming, but can't remember for sure. I'll try to get a complete list from one of the coaches today and update later. I believe there are 15 or 16 entries.

Edit to say that Page will be a big question mark, of course, there is not a player that could replace Arvidson. It's very hard to tell what will happen with a new coach and new players. With the relatively late addition of the new head coach, there weren't many camps scheduled, and there has been some discombobulation(sp). Page has a very small team this year with several varsity starters coming back, so who knows how strong this team will be by the Classic. It only really matters how strong the team is by the end of the season, right?

Edited by Cowboys Up

Page has a very small team this year with several varsity starters coming back, so who knows how strong this team will be by the Classic.  It only really matters how strong the team is by the end of the season, right?

825706590[/snapback]

Not to me it doesn't. Not much chance of Lafayette facing them again later in the year in the KY/TN playoffs. <_< All I care about is whether they will be good if we play them at the Classic. :blink:

:lol:

Note: I was going to add 6 dancing pink elephants, but there is a limit to how many emoticons you can enter.

825706941[/snapback]

Completely off topic, but I'm pumped with how our girls played today in the Bluegrass State Games varsity division. This tournament isn't an official tournament or part of the varsity season. It's basically a free tournament! They went 5-1 and won the silver medal and finished second place out of 20 teams. They ended up losing to Ryle High School which finished last season ranked as the top public school at #8 in the state. Nobody else challenged us all day, but in the end Ryle was just too strong. Lafayette played them a good match though. Just a great day of volleyball! ;)

Last seasons final poll in case you TN folks are wondering who the powerhouse teams are in KY.

http://www.khsaa.org/volleyball/cpoll.pdf

Edited by KYdigsTN

Thanks for the final poll of the KY teams, KYdigsTN. It sure looks like those private schools have some great teams. It will be interesting to see how some of those teams do in the Brentwood Tournament later in the season. I think Lafayette will do well in the Page/Centennial Classic, but I don't know all of the teams yet - CU do you have a complete list yet? I'm waiting with baited-breath, you know. Looking forwad to seeing you, KydigsTN, at the Page/Centennial Classic.

Thanks for the final poll of the KY teams, KYdigsTN.  It sure looks like those private schools have some great teams.  It will be interesting to see how some of those teams do in the Brentwood Tournament later in the season.  I think Lafayette will do well in the Page/Centennial Classic, but I don't know all of the teams yet - CU do you have a complete list yet?  I'm waiting with baited-breath, you know.  Looking forwad to seeing you, KydigsTN, at the Page/Centennial Classic.

825707229[/snapback]

Still waiting for a reply from the Cent. coach, I believe she has the complete list. Will post them asap.

Thanks for the final poll of the KY teams, KYdigsTN.  It sure looks like those private schools have some great teams.  It will be interesting to see how some of those teams do in the Brentwood Tournament later in the season. 

825707229[/snapback]

Last year Mercy and Presentation were in the Brentwood Invt. Presentation beat Mercy there and won the tournament I believe. Those top 7 catholic teams are ALWAYS the top 7 teams in KY. Everybody else is hoping for that 8th spot as top public school. Assumption, Sacred Heart, Mercy, Presentation and Holy Cross are out of Louisville. Notre Dame and St Henry are in Northern Ky accross the river from Cincy. The reason they are so tough is because the girls in the catholic school system start volleyball early in grade school. Almost EVERY player on these teams plays club ball starting at 12's or 13's. The Louisville girls at KIVA and MAVA and the NKY girls at NKYVC and NKJV. KIVA is the best of the clubs. This is the club run by Assumptions coach. Could very well be THE best club in the nation as they won more medals than any other club at JO nationals this year. They even have a girl from the 17 Red team currently playing for the 18's USA junior national team in China right now. KIVA's 17 Red team won nationals this year and almost all play for Assumption. Assumption will most likely be ranked as the top team in the nation this year. They are absolutely unbelievable! My daughter played setter for the KIVA 17 black team so I got to watch these amazing players all club season. Check out the website below to see updates on the USA junior national team and some great articles on the KIVA girls. Check out the number of tournaments they play in too and it will be clear as to why they are so good. My daughter played in 16 tournaments and 102 matches over they past 6 months. That's a lot of volleyball!! :D

http://www.k-i-v-a.com/

Edited by KYdigsTN