Multiplier Rule

WJBDEVILS

antwain,

I feel the same as you about the fact that small rual schools are not able to nor do they want to compete with the small private schools. However, I do feel that the D2 AA & D2 AAA schools and the 5A schools should be placed together and the competition would be very equal. The metro schools would have trouble with the D2 schools just like they have trouble with the 5A county schools. If you took the 4A & 5A metro schools and placed five of them in a 10 team region with the county schools it would be a miracle if the metro schools had more than one school make the playoffs. The large metro schools seem to have problems similar to the small rual schools when it comes to athletics and I don't have the time to touch on all of the large metro schools problems.

IMO there are only 2 ways to solve the problem:

1. Have a complete split between the public schools and the private schools

2. Bring D1 and D2 back together into 4 classifications and don't have a miltipliar rule

A: Small rual public schools (IMO, it's not fair for a school with 3 football coaches to compete against a school with 10 football coaches) For the most part this has been done with the miltipliar rule.

AA: Small non financial aid giving schools and the D1 schools that fall into the classification

AAA: Large D1 Private schools (Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Notre Dame, Knoxville Catholic, etc...), Public schools, and small financial aid giving schools

AAAA: Large public schools, Large D2 private schools (McCallie, Baylor, MUS, BA, etc...) All open zoned public schools, large financial aid giving schools, coop public schools and all public magnet schools

Any school that wants to play up a classification in a sport may do so without all of the other sports being required to do so. This would allow teams that dominate their classification to move up without hurting the other sports that the school offers.

My personal opinion is that it would be better for the state of Tennessee and the student/athletes to bring everyone back together but I doubt that my plan would ever be considered.

Edited by cbg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

antwain,

I feel the same as you about the fact that small rual schools are not able to nor do they want to compete with the small private schools.  However, I do feel that the D2 AA & D2 AAA schools and the 5A schools should be placed together and the competition would be very equal.  The metro schools would have trouble with the D2 schools just like they have trouble with the 5A county schools.  If you took the 4A & 5A metro schools and placed five of them in a 10 team region with the county schools it would be a miracle if the metro schools had more than one school make the playoffs.  The large metro schools seem to have problems similar to the small rual schools when it comes to athletics and I don't have the time to touch on all of the large metro schools problems.

IMO there are only 2 ways to solve the problem:

1.  Have a complete split between the public schools and the private schools

2.  Bring D1 and D2 back together into 4 classifications and don't have a miltipliar rule

A:  Small rual public schools (IMO, it's not fair for a school with 3 football coaches to compete against a school with 10 football coaches) For the most part this has been done with the miltipliar rule.

AA:  Small non financial aid giving schools and the D1 schools that fall into the classification

AAA:  Large D1 Private schools (Lipscomb, Goodpasture, Notre Dame, Knoxville Catholic,  etc...), Public schools, and small financial aid giving schools

AAAA:  Large public schools, Large D2 private schools (McCallie, Baylor, MUS, BA, etc...)  All open zoned public schools, large financial aid giving schools, coop public schools and all public magnet schools

Any school that wants to play up a classification in a sport may do so without all of the other sports being required to do so.  This would allow teams that dominate their classification to move up without hurting the other sports that the school offers.

My personal opinion is that it would be better for the state of Tennessee and the student/athletes to bring everyone back together but I doubt that my plan would ever be considered.

825733347[/snapback]

I would like to see a split of public and private schools.

DI would consist of all public schools with either A...AA...AAA or A...AA.

DII would consist of A for nonaid schools and AA for aid schools.

Play whom you want to in the regular season.

Still won't answer? Sad but predictable...

Let me try an answer for you.

"Ok, the multiplier is completely unfair, but I don't think it is fair to let the small private powerhouses beat up on the small publics. So I'm willing to dodge, juke, and jive about the unfair multiplier because it gives the 1a publics some relief. What I'm not willing to do is apply the logic I use to defend the multiplier to any Public schools, because my real goal is to get the privates kicked out of d1. And I sure am not gonna answer how that can be fair given that the reason given for the formation of d2 was that financial aid was an unfair advantage...and I am for sending the non-aid privates over there. So I am going to throw meaningless but inflammatory statistics (like 226-0...LOL!) and phrases around to make it look like I can make a logical point until everyone tires out, then work to continue the discrimination against the privates."

Ahh well, at least you are honest enough not to say a multiplier is actually a fair solution. :thumb:

825733423[/snapback]

I think that is a fair plan. The only problem I have is that no one is compelling anyone to play anyone in the regular season. So, a team like MBA can't fill out a regular season schedule without scheduling people like Byrnes, Trinity, etc. The whole season is one giant road trip. The super 7 requires travel to Memphis, Knoxville, Chattanooga already. It shouldn't also require travel out of state, just to fill out a regular season high school schedule. Carter should require local teams, public and private, to play one another during the regular season. Then separate everyone for the post-season.

825733423[/snapback]

Splitting Private and Publics would still not help Smith Co. beat Fulton, Austin East, or win a state Championship!

Bottom line is the public schools that can't win want the rules changed to their advantage.

Meanwhile the TSSAA has allowed Rankin and Insell to transfer in whomever they want or need to continue their dominance but slap the hands of private schools BA, MBA, etc, every chance they get.

Splitting Private and Publics would still not help Smith Co. beat Fulton, Austin East, or win a state Championship!

Bottom line is the public schools that can't win want the rules changed to their advantage. 

Meanwhile the TSSAA has allowed Rankin and Insell to transfer in whomever they want or need to continue their dominance but slap the hands of private schools BA, MBA, etc,  every chance they get.

825733701[/snapback]

Fulton and AE are not in our class now. :thumb: Your argument doesn't hold water. We would probably be back in the same class with Fulton and AE if there were to be a split.

It's not schools that can't win. We do win. We were 41-11 over the last 4 years playing up a class from our enrollment. We had 2 quarter final and one semifinal appearance. ]

Next argument. :thumb:

Edited by Antwan

Still won't answer?  Sad but predictable...

Let me try an answer for you. 

"Ok, the multiplier is completely unfair, but I don't think it is fair to let the small private powerhouses beat up on the small publics.  So I'm willing to dodge, juke, and jive about the unfair multiplier because it gives the 1a publics some relief.  What I'm not willing to do is apply the logic I use to defend the multiplier to any Public schools, because my real goal is to get the privates kicked out of d1.  And I sure am not gonna answer how that can be fair given that the reason given for the formation of d2 was that financial aid was an unfair advantage...and I am for sending the non-aid privates over there.  So I am going to throw meaningless but inflammatory statistics (like 226-0...LOL!) and phrases around to make it look like I can make a logical point until everyone tires out, then work to continue the discrimination against the privates."

Ahh well, at least you are honest enough not to say a multiplier is actually a fair solution.    :thumb:

825733614[/snapback]

Let me try to answer for you.

I don't want to be grouped with schools my own size...restrictions...challenges. I want to beat up on schools that have absolutely no chance to beat me year in and year out. I want to coast through to the semis with no challenges. I don't want to compete with other privates until the finals of the playoffs. :thumb:

All you do is whine about how you are mistreated and misunderstood. I'm better than you...so don't kick me out. We work harder. That's why we beat you. If you are not doing that...you are demeaning opposing coaching staffs by saying their teams were not well coached or their defensive schemes are suspect.

If I post my opinion...you are dodging the question or you are not smart enough to comment...so let me do it for you. Give me a break. :thumb:

Fulton and AE are not in our class now.  :thumb: Your argument doesn't hold water. We would probably be back in the same class with Fulton and AE if there were to be a split.

It's not schools that can't win. We do win.  We were 41-11 over the last 4 years playing up a class from our enrollment. We had 2 quarter final and one semifinal appearance. ]

Next argument.  :D

825733728[/snapback]

41-11 playing Trousdale County (Class A) who you lost to in 03, Gordonsville (Class A), York Institute, Jackson County and the mighty Dekalb County! Mighty impressive Antwan!!! What happened when you played outside that weak Region your in? You got spanked just like Knox Catholic did to the OWLS this year.

This year should the hooters make the playoffs you at least want have to face AE and Fulton! My post said it's all about the public schools who can't win championships and that applies to Smith CO. At least Gordonsville won a GOLD BALL in 84 and didn't whine about having to play ECS who is now Div II. They just lined up and played and didn't whine about them being a private school.

NEXT ARGUMENT! :thumb::thumb::blink:

41-11 playing Trousdale County (Class A) who you lost to in 03, Gordonsville (Class A), York Institute, Jackson County and the mighty Dekalb County!  Mighty impressive Antwan!!!  What happened when you played outside that weak Region your in?  You got spanked just like Knox Catholic did to the OWLS this year.

This year should the hooters make the playoffs you at least want have to face AE and Fulton!  My post said it's all about the public schools who can't win championships and that applies to Smith CO.  At least Gordonsville won a GOLD BALL in 84 and didn't whine about having to play ECS who is now Div II.  They just lined up and played and didn't whine about them being a private school. 

NEXT ARGUMENT! :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

825733769[/snapback]

NICE!!!!

41-11 playing Trousdale County (Class A) who you lost to in 03, Gordonsville (Class A), York Institute, Jackson County and the mighty Dekalb County!  Mighty impressive Antwan!!!  What happened when you played outside that weak Region your in?  You got spanked just like Knox Catholic did to the OWLS this year.

This year should the hooters make the playoffs you at least want have to face AE and Fulton!  My post said it's all about the public schools who can't win championships and that applies to Smith CO.  At least Gordonsville won a GOLD BALL in 84 and didn't whine about having to play ECS who is now Div II.  They just lined up and played and didn't whine about them being a private school. 

NEXT ARGUMENT! :D  :thumb:  :thumb:

825733769[/snapback]

Wow...you are really impressive with your vast knowledge. :thumb: How do you know if Gordansville whined or not? Yeah...I guess you should have thrown the weakest team of all in the and that's Friendship. :blink: Evidently...you are still feeling those spankings.

We tried to play you this year too...but you declined (who'd a thunk that?) LA...Macon...Portland...Oliver Springs were all rated in the top 10 each of those years. You are talking to me about a weak region. That's hilarious.

Edited by Antwan

Wow...you are really impressive with your vast knowledge.  :thumb:  How do you know if Gordansville whined  or not?  Yeah...I guess you should have thrown the weakest team of all in the and that's Friendship.  :thumb: Evidently...you are still feeling those spankings.

We tried to play you this year too...but you declined (who'd a thunk that?)  LA...Macon...Portland were all rated in the top 10 each of those years. You are talking to me about a weak region.  That's hilarious.

825733822[/snapback]

Antwan,

Exactly how do the non-aid privates have an advantage? Explain it to me.

Thanks.

Antwan,

Exactly how do the non-aid privates have an advantage?  Explain it to me. 

Thanks.

825733832[/snapback]

It's been posted over and over on here. Small privates are almost all in large metro areas. Nashville...for instance...has over 1 million people in the metro area. In theory...the small privates have that pool of people to draw from. In our case...we have 15,000 people and two high schools.