Oak Ridge vs. Maryville scrimmage

Wildmanfan

I wanted to start this thread in the spirit of good sportsmanship. How much is there to prove in a scrimmage game. Are there bragging rights involved? Last year was a 10 on offense 10 plays on D. I personally would like to see a more game like structure. Anyway I am looking foward to it and looking foward to seeing the great fans of Maryville and Oak Ridge together. Good Luck

Roll Cats Roll

I agree I would also like for more of a game like situation, but it is nothing more than a two squad practice, called a scrimmage. I think the coaches go 10-15 plays on D then the same # on O simply to get a look at kids and some play development. It is us fans who want wins, bragging rights and the such.

My greatest concern is the injury factor. I kid could have his career ended over nothing. It concerns me. Good luck to your Catz, I hope my Reb's can be a good test for them.

I agree,lets get to the real thing.

825707761[/snapback]

Don't forget, guys, it's just the first week in pads. We're all excited for the real thing but reality dictates the 10 play scrimmage early in camp. Many teams like to have a game situation scrimmage a week before their first game. It would be great to see Coaches Quarles and Stevens work that out!