Picking the "Big East"

crystal5puppy

I won't make any major predictions due to a lack of in-depth knowledge on the upper East TN teams, but will take up for the Bulldogs of Bearden in reference to their coaching and work ethic.  I had a chance to observe them in camp at TTU this past week and with a new Off. Cord. and a solid week of three-a-days, they look to be a major challenger for a 3 or 4 spot in the Big East this year......... thumb

825710928[/snapback]

Thanks you possumcop, we appreciate the good words. We are working harder than this program has EVER seen.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u have to give Jeff Co more respecet than that i put in atleast third maybe second if they play ther guts out every game

825711200[/snapback]

playing your guts out and having the personel to win is a different story. there are plenty of teams that play hard and leave it all on the field, but if you dont have the players to compete then you're up the creek w/o a paddle. remember, this isnt 1A football, this is 5A!!

u have to give Jeff Co more respecet than that i put in atleast third maybe second if they play ther guts out every game

825711200[/snapback]

While nothing would please me more than to see the Patriots do well, I have to say in all honesty that it looks to be a very long year for us.

I would be very pleased with a 4th place finish..... I really don't expect it, but I would take it and be surprised by it. Anything better would be a great overachievement for this fine group of young men. I'll be sitting in the stands pulling for you guys!!!!

Having said that, I feel that I must add the following: High school football is there for the kids, and nothing more. Most of these young men play football for the love of the game. I think that high school football, like all high school athletic programs, are there to promote interest in students for the school environment. Very few of these young men will ever play beyond their senior year in high school, and it should be remembered that they have lives away from the field and the school. To expect them to devote their entire energies to the cause of a high school football program is both unrealistic and selfish on the part of the school and its representatives. I hope that in the future all Tennessee high schools and their coaches would show a healthy respect for the student athletes who devote so much to these athletic programs.

While nothing would please me more than to see the Patriots do well, I have to say in all honesty that it looks to be a very long year for us.

I would be very pleased with a 4th place finish..... I really don't expect it, but I would take it and be surprised by it.  Anything better would be a great overachievement for this fine group of young men.  I'll be sitting in the stands pulling for you guys!!!!

Having said that, I feel that I must add the following:  High school football is there for the kids, and nothing more.  Most of these young men play football for the love of the game.  I think that high school football, like all high school athletic programs, are there to promote interest in students for the school environment.    Very few of these young men will ever play beyond their senior year in high school, and it should be remembered that they have lives away from the field and the school.  To expect them to devote their entire energies to the cause of a high school football program is both unrealistic and selfish on the part of the school and its representatives.  I hope that in the future all Tennessee high schools and their coaches would show a healthy respect for the student athletes who devote so much to these athletic programs.

825714161[/snapback]

Amen!!!!!!

I would be very pleased with a 4th place finish..... I really don't expect it, but I would take it and be surprised by it.  Anything better would be a great overachievement for this fine group of young men.  I'll be sitting in the stands pulling for you guys!!!!

Having said that, I feel that I must add the following:  High school football is there for the kids, and nothing more.  Most of these young men play football for the love of the game.  I think that high school football, like all high school athletic programs, are there to promote interest in students for the school environment.    Very few of these young men will ever play beyond their senior year in high school, and it should be remembered that they have lives away from the field and the school.  To expect them to devote their entire energies to the cause of a high school football program is both unrealistic and selfish on the part of the school and its representatives.  I hope that in the future all Tennessee high schools and their coaches would show a healthy respect for the student athletes who devote so much to these athletic programs.

825714161[/snapback]

Great post thumb

825714161[/snapback]

Sounds good in theory, but it'll never work...it's fair to say that a majority of the fans want their teams to win as many games as possible...nowadays, kids aren't motivated to do what it takes to improve in the off-season to reach that goal (that's why "voluntary" off-season workouts exists)...without making the kids work, then they sacrifice the ability to compete with other programs who demand their athletes improvements (hence, off-season workouts)...a player's development is in the off-season...that's what the coaches have to work with when the athletes report to their teams to begin the official season...their are two options, which usually have two consequences: off-season workouts (=better record) or no off-season workout (=worse record)...this is a problem that plagues every program, so putting the spotlight on one program (which lately has been JC) is unfair...also, wouldn't you rather have a coach who pushes the athletes to make themselves and the team better? Isn't that why we play, "for the love of the game?"...then "the love of the game" constitutes giving your all for yourself and your team...if a select few decide they can't handle those responsibilities and choose to quit, then tough for them...those who "truly love the game" are the kids we'll be cheering for on friday nights

Sounds good in theory, but it'll never work...it's fair to say that a majority of the fans want their teams to win as many games as possible...nowadays, kids aren't motivated to do what it takes to improve in the off-season to reach that goal (that's why "voluntary" off-season workouts exists)...without making the kids work, then they sacrifice the ability to compete with other programs who demand their athletes improvements (hence, off-season workouts)...a player's development is in the off-season...that's what the coaches have to work with when the athletes report to their teams to begin the official season...their are two options, which usually have two consequences: off-season workouts (=better record) or no off-season workout (=worse record)...this is a problem that plagues every program, so putting the spotlight on one program (which lately has been JC) is unfair...also, wouldn't you rather have a coach who pushes the athletes to make themselves and the team better? Isn't that why we play, "for the love of the game?"...then "the love of the game" constitutes giving your all for yourself and your team...if a select few decide they can't handle those responsibilities and choose to quit, then tough for them...those who "truly love the game" are the kids we'll be cheering for on friday nights

825714855[/snapback]

Most of the kids who quit didn`t quit because they didn`t want to work out in the offseason. Offseason workouts is nothing new, these same kids worked out for two years under coach Meadows in the offseason, plus camp in the middle of the summer. These same kids worked out in the offseason before Euverard was hired as HC, when there was no HC. Workouts aren`t the reason there are only 33 players.

enlighten us omniscient JC4life, since you have all the answers.

825714914[/snapback]

There are threads and threads on the subject, a simple search will get you there.

omniscient? all the answers? Your words not mine, I try to know as much as I can.

The answers are easy to find, just talk to any of the players from last year. I`m sure you know one the 17 seniors, you`ll get the same message from whichever one you chose to talk to.

There are threads and threads on the subject, a simple search will get you there.

omniscient? all the answers? Your words not mine, I try to know as much as I can.

The answers are easy to find, just talk to any of the players from last year. I`m sure you know one the 17 seniors, you`ll get the same message from whichever one you chose to talk to.

825714936[/snapback]

I am amazed at at how so-called fans of JCHS athletics support their teams and coaches! Perhaps some people need to be involved or around the current players and coaches before they start "selling-out" on this gruop of KIDS! These boys do not need the negativity that is being brought to their program from the outside!

I for one will support the JCHS Patriot football program even if they finish last. Yeah, everyone likes to win! But no one likes constant negativity! Get behind these guys and SUPPORT them! They just might suprise you! Either way I SUPPORT them!