dyersburg vs milan

mg

you are exactly right mg i played for the ole ball coach during his brief stint @ camden and it's goin to be his way or the highway.i only played under counce for 1 year but i will always respect him.if somebody ever thinks about disrespecting him then there crazy.the man knows how to get the job done.look at who has served under him,now alot of them are the best coach's in the westtn area.thats sayin alot for his knowledge of the game, and how he trains his assistants and players

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mg, thanks for the update. I really appreciate the info. Thanks longoffthetee as well. I will not be home for the jamboree, but I should be home for the regular season. Last season was the first football season when I missed the entire season in 50 years. I looking forward to coming home for many, many reasons and high school sports rate in the top four reasons ( reasons one and two are at my house).

Please keep me informed.

longoffthetee, I will see you at school in a few weeks.

i hate it for the young man, but there is more to the story than what has been said here... but lets make sure that the facts are known:

there was the summer work outs....

then there was the summer throwing sessions....

then there was team camp......

so yes, a choice was made by someone....and the choice was to play AAU basketball...sometimes innocent people have to suffer for choices made for them.....that is life and we have to live with it......life is and will always be about choices....

i wish justin all the luck ....he will play an important role on the trojan basketball team this fall...

don't even begin to criticize the coach at dburg or his program, .....he is well respected by his peers, past and present players,  and the people of dyersburg...heck, he could be mayor....

the coach is the coach....end of story...

825710260[/snapback]

mg...you are right about the coach being the coach and he will have the final say as to his program....but I,m not critizing the coach...i,m just saying at lake co and at dyer co ,i doubt if those coaches would make the same choices..but,like you said..what the dyersburg coach decides is best for his program is his job...After C.J.made his post yesterday,he called Vanessa,Justin's mom and told her about this site..She was on the speaker phone and said that Justin didn't quit but that he was told to make a choice between AAU ball or camp....C.J.said Justin went to all the summer workouts and throwing sessions...Are there not any baseball players that are either on all-star or travel teams that didn't miss any of these sessions?I agree with longoffthetee...if you have a gifted athlete ..why not let him do both? By the way,the AAu basketball team that Justin is playing for has won their first 4 games in the national tournament in Florida...Anyone wanting to see how Justin is doing can go to AAU ball and see how his team,Memphis War Eagles are doing..They are ranked 2nd in the nation and have beaten everyone so far by at least 20 points and at least one team by 30+ ....Again...I am not critizing the coach...Just..that it seems like the kid should be able to do both...he did go to the summer workouts and it's not like he just quit or is just sitting home...

I understand this is a tough situation, but it is football season not basketball season. This young man was the #2 QB (very reliable source tells me he was probably going to be #1) and a team that will very likely be in the running for the state title was counting on him.

I understand this is a tough situation, but it is football season not basketball season. This young man was the #2 QB (very reliable source tells me he was probably going to be #1) and a team that will very likely be in the running for the state title was counting on him.

825710529[/snapback]

this kid was #3 until the #1 starter got injured and the #2 in line quit.

his aau tournament was not problem until all of things came up....

to be good at anything you can't wait until that season to prepare ... you prepare

when others are resting. thanks no more reply

well there is one thing we all can agree upon....and that is this young man is very talented ...

i hope that he does not allow this "bump" in the road to deter him... and i hope to see him on the football field in the near future.....if he wants to play football, then he will get hungry and come back.....

one thing is for sure.....the people who know football say that dyersburg will be loaded during the next three years and will make a serious run for the AAA state title.....

i hope to see justin showing the state of tennessee just how far he can throw that football....

mg..I have a friend that works wiyh me that has a son that plays jv for Dyersburg...He told me this morning that Dyersburg and Milan jv was going to play ..His understanding was that it was going to be at Dyersburg and this morning someone else told him it was going to be at Milan..Hopefully you or someone from either Dyersburg or Milan knows and can give him a day,time,and place..Thanks...I meant to post this earlier this morning but forgot..Hopefully it's not today..If it is..maybe I can find out before 3..

Trojan, you can not tell me that Dyersburg will be in the running for the state title. They have just entered the one of the top two regions in the state.

825712796[/snapback]

Dyersburg is moving down from 4A where they held there ground against JCM and Melrose with so so talent. Trust me, they are loaded the next 2 years and have one of the best coaches around. This region will be exciting to watch.