who wins 1a region 5

seibers

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever wins the Cascade vs Eagleville game will take the title with Forrest and JoBryns fighting for the next playoff spot. The surprise team will be Nashville Christian. Old region 6 teams will dominate with power football, all three teams have very good o and d lines, Eaglevilles linebackers are very strong and quick to the ball. I hear a lot from McEwen about being much more competitive now because they do not have to play the privates from their old region. Eagleville starters went 3tds to 0 against Ezell-Harding in a scrimmage Aug.5 The only td Ezell scored on Eagleville was when the 2nd and 3rd teams were in. Do not underestimate the old region 6 teams, anyone of them could win the region 5 title. McEwen I hate to tell you but you are still in a very tough region maybe not as tough as your old region but close.

Who ever wins the Cascade vs Eagleville game will take the title with Forrest and JoBryns fighting for the next playoff spot. The surprise team will be Nashville Christian. Old region 6 teams will dominate with power football, all three teams have very good o and d lines, Eaglevilles linebackers are very strong and quick to the ball. I hear a lot from McEwen about being much more competitive now because they do not have to play the privates from their old region.  Eagleville starters went 3tds to 0 against Ezell-Harding in a scrimmage Aug.5 The only td Ezell scored on Eagleville was when the 2nd and 3rd teams were in. Do not underestimate the old region 6 teams, anyone of them could win the region 5 title. McEwen I hate to tell you but you are still in a very tough region maybe not as tough as your old region but close.

825710944[/snapback]

Jo Byrns plays Cascade the last game of the season. I think this game will be for the region championship.

You could be right JoBryns has alot of returning players plus a very good qb in Head. We were very fortunate to beat them last year 14-12, their D was very tough. We are fortunate we play them at home again.

825711092[/snapback]

Jo Byrns scrimmaged Watertown Friday night. After all was said and done, I think Jo byrns scored 6 times. Watertown wasn't able to do much on offense. They never scored. Jo Byrns has played in a difficult region the last few years. They are confident this year because they feel like they have a legitimate chance to win every game on their schedule. Almost everyone returns from last year. Yes, I think they only went 3-7 last year, but again they played some really tough teams. I think this region will be the most balanced of any in 1A. I think there are 3 or 4 teams that could win this region. I watch Jo Byrns practice almost everyday. They are anxious. Should be a great game with Eagleville this year. I heard you were gonna be competitive this year also. Best of luck to you.

• 1 month later...

How good really is Eagleville?? I know that The Eagles and Warriors go at it this week in a should be good match-up. How many teams from the region get playoffs bids? and where do they go in the playoffs? Could one of these teams end up playing an East Tennessee powerhouse like coalfield in the first couple rounds or only in the Championships?

The way I see it, Jo Burns is one of the top teams in 1a. The only way they would face anyone in regions 1 through 4 would be in the state championship. I,m not sure you guys did'nt have the best public school in the state the year Ezell beat Cloudland. You guys have been hid in the toughest region in the state. I think you have a dang good team. GOOD LUCK.

The way I see it,  Jo Burns is one of the top teams in 1a. The only way they would face anyone in regions 1 through 4 would be in the state championship. I,m not sure you guys did'nt have the best public school in the state the year Ezell beat Cloudland. You guys have been hid in the toughest region in the state. I think you have a dang good team. GOOD LUCK.

825754573[/snapback]

Thanks for the flowers pujo. I think we do have one of the top 1A teams in the state. Pujo we've taken some spankings over the past couple of years from the private schools, and yes it was the toughest region in the state,from our standpoint. It's hard to stay positive every Friday night when you know you pretty much got a lose coming. But I really believe that those private schools made us a better team. When they changed regions this year it was like flicking a switch. Everyone knew that this was to be a good year for Jo Byrns football. We have got a close group who play as a team and only have one goal, win. The entire community is excited about this years team.