Tennessee Flight Girls Basketball

darn matt! or showtime i was playing nice and ya had to throw down the gauntlet.....

i have never been able to take arogance very well

that little statement at the end of your post,was that really called for?

if you have something your feeling smug about lets hear it

grow up matt your feeling pleased with youself because youve talked someone into leaving there team?

ya just dont get it

ps :panther if you correct my spelling ill never talk to ya again.......lol

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob,

Why does that statement bother you so much. You had great runs the past few summers and I have been the first to congratulate you and your parents every year.

All I meant by this whole thread is to alert everyone on what we are doing next year so we don't have to answer a million questions about it. I get tired of answer the same question over and over so what better place to put the answer to that question so I don't have to answer it anymore.

P.S. I believe the big reason we decided to do this team was due to a certain ast coach talking with people in my organzation wanting us to do a team to give the kids off his team somewhere to play the following year. So just because this coach lied and changed his mind does not mean I plan on not to have my team. It just motivates us even more :lol:

Showtime.....why have you stayed away from the age group that would be 15 next year. You didn't have a 13 flight team in 2004, nor a 14 flight team this year.

Some said that because the Stars had a 13 team in 2004, you guys stayed out of that bracket. Then last year, no one really answered this question. Maybe evryone else knows why, and have decided to stay mute, but I am not part of that "knowledgable" group.

Pride, Finest and Elite did a great job this year, so it is not like Tenn is lacking a rep in this age bracket.

darn matt!      or showtime        i was playing nice and ya had to throw down the gauntlet.....

i have never been able to take arogance very well

that little statement at the end of your post,was that really called for?

if you have something your feeling smug about lets hear it

grow up matt            your feeling pleased with youself because youve talked someone into leaving there team?

ya just dont get it               

ps :panther if you correct my spelling ill never talk to ya again.......lol

825715270[/snapback]

robpride,

It’s unfortunate that organizations will to stoop whatever means necessary to form teams. One bit of advice, do not put any trust or faith into anyone or what they tell you especially when dealing with the adults that are involved with youth sports. The 'SHARKS' are out there everywhere, use extreme caution and be very careful of whom you choose to associate with. This is disheartening but its reality, from reading this web site your teams have had great success, try your best to keep that way. thumb

robpride,

It’s unfortunate that organizations will to stoop whatever means necessary to form teams.  One bit of advice, do not put any trust or faith into anyone or what they tell you especially when dealing with the adults that are involved with youth sports.  The 'SHARKS' are out there everywhere, use extreme caution and be very careful of whom you choose to associate with.  This is disheartening but its reality, from reading this web site your teams have had great success, try your best to keep that way. thumb

825715432[/snapback]

That's a pretty broad statement. So if we can't trust anyone, especially adults, who is going to put together and coach these teams? Certainly people can cross the line when it comes to recruiting, but the nature of the beast is people are looking for the best situation for them and the last time I checked no one was holding a gun to anyone's head forcing a family or child to play for a certain team or organization. I don't even think Showtime has been accused of that, at least not yet! Just having a little fun with you Spree, but you are correct that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, and people need to make educated decisions. But sometimes the grass is greener on the other side, and there is nothing wrong with that....

Not a broad statement just a known fact when dealing with people in any environment. Weather it be concerning your career, marriage, dating, education or sports. It all revolves around adults and people that may not have your best interest at heart.

Also, I don't mind the dialog but why do you consistently pick my post to respond to when there are several others here that are more than worthy of responses? I don't think my post was aimed at anyone, just friendly advice for robpride.

Not sure what your grass is greener statement is about but I hope it makes you feel better. If you'd read all my post they are about forming stronger more competitive teams through cooperation and putting aside differences.

Edited by Spree1024

Not a broad statement just a known fact when dealing with people in any environment. Weather it be concerning your career, marriage, dating, education or sports.  It all revolves around adults and people that may not have your best interest at heart.

Also, I don't mind the dialog but why do you consistently pick my post to respond to when there are several others here that are more than worthy of responses?  I don't think my post was aimed at anyone, just friendly advice for robpride.

Not sure what your grass is greener statement is about but I hope it makes you feel better.  If you'd read all my post they are about forming stronger more competitive teams through cooperation and putting aside differences.

825715512[/snapback]

I guess I just found some humor in the reference to the Sharks and to be wary of adults' advice. You do a good job of replying to the other posts and I weigh in when I feel the urge. I wasn't responding to anything particular, only weighing in on the debate of organizations, in this case, TN Flight, trying to recruit players to their organization. I was actually agreeing with your main point of being cautious on these decisions, but part of the reason organizations like Showtime reach out to different areas of the state or to other teams is to form the stronger more competitive teams which you are in favor of. Sometimes the girls and parents are receptive to the idea but the individual teams or programs are not working together. I've always found it interesting that people think it's ok when someone from another team wants to come play on their team but if another team talks to their girls then they are dirty rotten scoundrels. And before you reply, that is a general statement and not aimed at you.

My daughter played for SSS/Flight for four years and loved every minute of it. She made lots of lasting friendships, had good coaching, won a national tournament, two state tournaments, and HAD FUN!! Each and every year, she could not wait until it was time for AAU to begin. She was never treated in any way but with respect, and in turn she respects fully all the coaches she had during this time. She "gave up" much of every summer of her high school years to play, and never once did she complain. She actually looked forward to the all day Saturday practices. She was treated wonderfully and grew as a player. After the last game, she sobbed violently, not simply because they lost, but because it was her last game ever with the Flight. Although each year we added new players, there were several who began four years ago and stuck with it. Playing for the Flight was a valuable experience for my daughter, and I would not change it for anything. While I am sure that there are several teams in Tennessee that are good, I don't like reading the negative comments from parents, players and coaches that have never played for SSS/Flight. There are more options out there than the Flight, but not a better option. And, you who say that the coaches don't care for the players after they are finished are dead wrong. These are the most caring coaches that I have ever been associated with and very supportive of their players both on and off the courts. During the high school season, the coaches even supported and came to watch my daughter. How could you ask for anything better?If your daughter is on a nationally recognized team, is treated with respect, gets better as a player, makes lasting friendships, has fun and is happy, then how can a parent ask for more. I am not a coach, not a recruiter, just a parent who can honestly say that playing for the Flight was one of the best decisions we have ever made for our daughter.

As for all this talk about the 13's and who is coaching it--- this was supposed to be about next years 16's. If Dawn coaches the 13's, the players will get fantastic coaching, and if Matt coaches it, you will also get fantastic coaching. If they coach together---then WOW!!!!! Just please don't be an outsider posting all the negative comments about things you don't know. Ask the GIRLS who have actually played for them, and I believe you will get the true story.

spree that is very sound advice and i intend to follow it to the letter!

i have found some wonderful people in aau.........and some real scoundrels

as to being called a liar..........i know why nike wants younger teams its no decsion youve made

ive said before if a young lady wants to go to another team ill still be her biggest fan and pray shes made the right decision

matt you better watch who you call a liar those are fighting words in these east tn hills! :)

no more posts on coacht for me im glad your motivated matt so am i

motivated to make sure that young talent develops so some old guys with huge egos can say look what we did................or young ones with even bigger egos

spree ptguard12 trottercoach glad there are some that actually love the game still left

I guess I just found some humor in the reference to the Sharks and to be wary of adults' advice.  You do a good job of replying to the other posts and I weigh in when I feel the urge.  I wasn't responding to anything particular, only weighing in on the debate of organizations, in this case, TN Flight, trying to recruit players to their organization.  I was actually agreeing with your main point of being cautious on these decisions, but part of the reason organizations like Showtime reach out to different areas of the state or to other teams is to form the stronger more competitive teams which you are in favor of.  Sometimes the girls and parents are receptive to the idea but the individual teams or programs are not working together.  I've always found it interesting that people think it's ok when someone from another team wants to come play on their team but if another team talks to their girls then they are dirty rotten scoundrels.  And before you reply, that is a general statement and not aimed at you.

825715658[/snapback]

No problem, the reference of sharks was metaphoric, meaning things lurking underneath you without your knowledge waiting to devour you. As for not trusting adults, my neighbor played on a 15U team last year that had parent that tried to undermine and do everything possible to disrupt the team behind the coaches back all because their daughter didn’t play much. Whenever the coach was around they were all smiles and she's the greatest, but when she wasn’t they had very unkind and derogatory things to say about her.

I don’t agree with ‘Reaching out to get players’, instead why not just call the coach with the most competitive or established team tell them “I have 1, 2 or 3 players that could possibly help your team, would you interested in looking at them?” I believe this is a more cooperative effort and would result in a stronger team, I’m quite sure the coaches would respect this more than trying to recruit players off of their team.

You’re with the Memphis Elite program, and I’m quite sure that the Elite coaches would not appreciate it if the coaches and organizations from middle or east TN constantly called and approached ‘reached out to’ players and parents trying to befriend them and entice them to leave your teams and come over to their teams, with promises of the grass is greener over here, we'll give you a scholarship, we're bigger and we're better. This where the dirty rotten scoundrel label comes from. If a player/parent is truly unhappy and they are unable to resolve the issues with their current situation then they should leave on their on accord and look to join another team, this is fine it happens all the time. There is a difference between being recruited or ‘reached out to’ versus just choosing to leave.

Again, this is about representing the state of TN, if people would just work together and agree to put the best players on the best team with the best coaches and not ‘reach out’ to recruit players away from other teams to build their own teams and program.

Tnwareagle,

Your reflection of your daughters experience is exactly what it participation in youth sports should be. I'm sure your daughter and familys experience was a memorable and fufilling. Glad to hear the positives

robpride,

Your observation is very good, it's unfortunate that the adults egos are larger than the KIDS.

No problem, the reference of sharks was metaphoric, meaning things lurking underneath you without your knowledge waiting to devour you. As for not trusting adults, my neighbor played on a 15U team last year that had parent that tried to undermine and do everything possible to disrupt the team behind the coaches back all because their daughter didn’t play much. Whenever the coach was around they were all smiles and she's the greatest, but when she wasn’t they had very unkind and derogatory things to say about her.

I don’t agree with ‘Reaching out to get players’, instead why not just call the coach with the most competitive or established team tell them “I have 1, 2 or 3 players that could possibly help your team, would you interested in looking at them?” I believe this is a more cooperative effort and would result in a stronger team, I’m quite sure the coaches would respect this more than trying to recruit players off of their team.

You’re with the Memphis Elite program, and I’m quite sure that the Elite coaches would not appreciate it if the coaches and organizations from middle or east TN constantly called and approached ‘reached out to’ players and parents trying to befriend them and entice them to leave your teams and come over to their teams, with promises of the grass is greener over here, we'll give you a scholarship, we're bigger and we're better. This where the dirty rotten scoundrel label comes from. If a player/parent is truly unhappy and they are unable to resolve the issues with their current situation then they should leave on their on accord and look to join another team, this is fine it happens all the time. There is a difference between being recruited or ‘reached out to’ versus just choosing to leave.

Again, this is about representing the state of TN, if people would just work together and agree to put the best players on the best team with the best coaches and not ‘reach out’ to recruit players away from other teams to build their own teams and program.

Tnwareagle,

Your reflection of your daughters experience is exactly what it participation in youth sports should be. I'm sure your daughter and familys experience was a memorable and fufilling. Glad to hear the positives

robpride,

Your observation is very good, it's unfortunate that the adults egos are larger than the KIDS.

825716045[/snapback]

[/quote

People reach out to our kids and families all the time. No we don't like it but it is reality, and we accept it as a compliment. When or if they feel another situation is better for them we must accept that and wish them well. It would be nice if coaches from other teams offered up their best players to the team who is the most established with the idea of building a superpower, but that doesn't happen very often and I can't see that changing. So my position is to let organizations and coaches lay out their plans, as I have seen a lot of them do on this website, and let girls and parents find the situation that is best for them. They are the ones who ultimately have to be satisfied, not you or I. And if we do our job well, we will have people like Tnwareagle give us the ultimate compliment, as she did to Tn Flight. That is why I am involved, to help these girls and their families and I believe most if not all of the other organizations I have come in contact with in TN feel the same way.....

Tnwareagle,

robpride,

825716045[/snapback]

[/quote

People reach out to our kids and families all the time. No we don't like it but it is reality, and we accept it as a compliment. When or if they feel another situation is better for them we must accept that and wish them well. It would be nice if coaches from other teams offered up their best players to the team who is the most established with the idea of building a superpower, but that doesn't happen very often and I can't see that changing. So my position is to let organizations and coaches lay out their plans, as I have seen a lot of them do on this website, and let girls and parents find the situation that is best for them. They are the ones who ultimately have to be satisfied, not you or I. And if we do our job well, we will have people like Tnwareagle give us the ultimate compliment, as she did to Tn Flight. That is why I am involved, to help these girls and their families and I believe most if not all of the other organizations I have come in contact with in TN feel the same way.....