JPII vs. FRHS

Father Ryan Wrestling

Wrestling I agree I would like to hear from other Pope fans about the game...I think it will be a good one...Ryan has good athletes and so does JP2 so it should develop into a nice local Catholic rivalry. Maybe we can play this one at Vandy every year because we can get the whole Catholic community to come to the game....

my2cents, hum .... OK! :ph34r:YOU are funnier than Dinker!

PS Father Ryan Wrestling began this entire thread with arrogance...

Edited by jp2fan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ryanboy! Nice to see you out and about....since Irishdink likes my cliches here's another...."people in glass houses should not throw stones".

I apologized for the "thug" comment. I make very genuine and respectful comments about the game and yet Irish fans keep getting emotional and posting stuff other than commentary about the game on the 26th. Really, talk to your own fans. Tell me what you honestly think about the match. I don't want a commercial.

B)

Let's remember a few things.

1. Has there ever been a REAL game between these two teams..... and the awnser is NO, so please quit referring to scrimmages against a school that was no where near full and no where near ready to play Father Ryan on a real game level

2. Fans..... Fans don't play the game the last time I checked and have little influence on the outcome of the game. All the talk here is just JP2FAN and Father Ryan fans bickering about past basketball games and other sports in which fans may have crossed the line in chants.

3. The past...... the past is the past. In high school as in collegiate sports players change every year in every sport. Judgeing on a performance from a year before doesn't usually work when it comes to collegiate or high school sports, the players change and in this case a coach has changed. Also maturity levels change and so does attitude. So do not bring up past events. Jp2 is a growing school still in infancy, Father Ryan is old with reputations, some good (A Winning Tradition) some bad (drugs, and the Father Rehab nickname) but both are entering this game 0-0 against the other in REAL football games, with new coaches and growing programs.

Let's remember what is said on this website doesn't determine the outcome of the game, just post some predictions and avoid bashing the other school, and give REASONABLE explainations for your reasons not "well im a pope fan and i think pope will win by 100 because a pope's better than a priest" b.s.

As for my prediction JP2 21 Father Ryan 17 Close game decided by big plays by JP2's big play players ( the Tate's, ya there's more than 1 this yr) All in all remember the schools share a bond in their religious affiliation and share a rivalry, don't make it a hatred.

How did I start this thread with arrogance o.O?

The whole student body will back FRHS up, not only for this game, but for all of em. I know A LOT about all the teams FRHS plays or will play. I know Pope's strengths and weaknesses. I know Ryan's strengths and weaknesses. For the past 3 years, Father Ryan has never had a game plan for any of their games. It followed this trend: Go in there and do what ya gotta do (all the while knowing NOTHING of the opposing team). Coach Lussier has enough information to know what to focus on the game, and our players are going to be able to strengthen their weaknesses and prepare for Pope's strengths. Dont expect a simple game plan from Ryan, they will know what to do and will do their jobs well.

Pope's backfield is stacked the way I see, with Golden Tate, Courtney Coffee and Chase Hardy back there. It is a dangerous trio, without a doubt. However I feel that Ryan's D line will seriously put up a HUGE challenge if Pope runs through the middle. With guys like Dempsey, Owusu, Hale, Oldham.. It will be a wall on the line. I know Tate likes to run it outside (and he does very well doing so), but I feel that once again our OLBs will be ready for him, as well as our linebackers, who have great speed and better strength. Running against Ryan will be very difficult. I also noticed that Tate got some playing time on Wide reciever. Ryan's defensive backs have been our bane for the last 3 years. If our defensive backs can shut down Pope's wide recievers, we can take care of em on defense.

For offense, Ryan has been waiting for this for a long time. Micheal Hausman is an outstanding running back who has amazing speed and the ability to break big yardage in big situations. Our fullbacks do an excellent job blocking and running the ball as well. Corey Stewart is our best athlete no doubt. He plays an excellent wide reciever as well as a excellent quarterback. Our o-line has 2-3 years of experience under their belts, and will definitely control the line of scrimmage the whole game. I know that Pope's dfense is a tough one, they are difficult to pass on as well as break any good runs.

Special teams.. I dont know, just gotta do your job there.

This will be an outstanding game. Both team's starters have a lot of experience. Whoever can go into this game most healthy, most disciplined, and most prepared will win (obviously). This is probably Ryan's most exciting game this season, and I guess its a good thing that its the first game of the season?

My prediction : If Ryan can avoid turnovers and penalties (which PLAUGED us last year), we can win. However, if Pope can get some turnovers and use their homefield advantage, they will win.

You make great points about the comparisons between JP2 and Ryan...

Don't forget Crutcher, Wilson and Glass on the O-line (alot of experience there and Wilson and Crutcher on the D-line too). The skill players get alot of recognition and rightfully so, however, they couldn't do it without good blocking etc.

Hillwood was a good measurement for us but we didn't get to see our starters very long at all. They didn't even play an entire quarter. Starting D may have played a little longer. Hillwood didn't actually start scoring until our 3-string and freshmen got in. Pretty good measurement of our depth.

Hey unanymous89 who predicted a 100 point win?

Father Ryan Wrestling best post I have ever read from you...WELL DONE!

Hillwood calm down... I may not be a statistician but I do know that you did not score on our first string D....Our first string O was out in the first 5 minutes of game time. I was surprised that they came out so soon. Really it is like you said....you came out a little sluggish. It was just a scrimmage to gauge where we all are.......be cool B)

Sorry if i offended you, i didnt mean to, i just didnt like how you acted like we didnt deserve the points we put on the board, we are a 5a team so I beleive you did really well considering the difference in classification even though D1 is a very tough division, I am not here to bash JP2 or anything, wish you the best on the upcoming season, I just didnt like that last post.

We have performed well against D1 in the past...don't count us weaker because of the D1 vs D2 split...We have great talent. D2 is also a strong division. If this had truly been a game with all starters in you would have had a fight on your hands. But I appreciate your team spirit...that's why Hillwood has always been a great school! I have family that went to Hillwood...great place. thumb

(Note Private schools have a 1.8 multiplier when playing in D1, there is a reason for that. D2 is a strong division.)

Edited by jp2fan