Peabody

mr.giggliefly33

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you think USJ will get the 4th playoff spot in 7-2A?

825719029[/snapback]

I think Dresden and Humboldt will fight it out with USJ for that 4th position...after watching Peabody scrimmage Camden and Hickman co I'm not sure they have the horses to pull it out in the toughest 2a region in the state...but then again they have pulled out a few tricks from their bag to upset some of the better teams sooo...? :D

If they beat Liberty in a jamboree then they can beat Dresden and Humboldt.

825719364[/snapback]

I was at the jamboree, and Liberty looked really bad. USJ only moved the ball on one possession, but it included a 59-yard completion. Not sure if Liberty wasn't ready to play, but they didn't look like what I expected.

Sounds like you might be underestimating Humboldt and Dresden both. They're both going to be solid teams this year. And as you well know, jamborees aren't games.

Here's where USJ's season is going to be made or broken - weeks 7 through 10. That's going to be one tough stretch to survive, and they'll likely have to win two of those games to make the playoffs. I still think they'll hold their own in 2A, but I don't see them making the playoffs. It'd be great if they did, though.

Guest catfish-hunter
I was at the jamboree, and Liberty looked really bad.  USJ only moved the ball on one possession, but it included a 59-yard completion.  Not sure if Liberty wasn't ready to play, but they didn't look like what I expected.

Sounds like you might be underestimating Humboldt and Dresden both.  They're both going to be solid teams this year.  And as you well know, jamborees aren't games.

Here's where USJ's season is going to be made or broken - weeks 7 through 10.  That's going to be one tough stretch to survive, and they'll likely have to win two of those games to make the playoffs.  I still think they'll hold their own in 2A, but I don't see them making the playoffs.  It'd be great if they did, though.

825719368[/snapback]

Not underestimating Dresden one bit. In fact, I have them beating a pretty solid East Robertson team in my predictions tomorrow night.

Humboldt won eight football games last year before making an early exit from the playoffs. Now that the rumor mill has proved to be just that and Donald is staying there I am sure they'll be solid again this year.