Hickman Co. vs Lewis Co.

LCHSgrinch

Dawg71 you got to put in a couple things to get people interested and riled up like you and Lion4ever, it's called show business baby!

825716746[/snapback]

I understand, but you have to be smart about it. Most of the time people like you end up hanging themselves just like this case. If your going to be about "show business" let it be good business. You might want to get someone to proof read your comments so you want make this novice mistake again.

As for Lion4ever, I agree with your post. Good luck to the Lions this season, hopefully we will be in that same situation in a couple of years just like Camden is now!!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week the Panthers face off against a well prepared HIckman Co  team,who is looking to stop an 18 year itch that the bulldogs have been unable to scratch. Lewis County will also be very well prepared as Coach Sharp is going into his 19th year as head coach. Chris Hatton and company look to start the year off right and also send a message to the rest of 2A. Hickman Co., who is very excited about their new ball club, will have a tough time stopping the smashmouth football Lewis County plays so very well. I would like some opinions on this weekes match-up. also some score predictions would be useful too.

Lewis-21

Hickman-7

825716323[/snapback]

From what I've heard this Hickman County team is ready to bust heads with the mighty Panthers. No doubt about it, tradition comes to Centerville Friday in Lewis County. I believe that the Panthers return around 15 starters from a disappointing (by their standards) 6-4 club last year. I think everyone can expect a different Hickman County team this year. I like Hickman County in a close upset, 20-13.

Ok, everyone is forgetting one very important thing: those previous games are scrimmages. It doesn't mean one thing to win or lose in a scrimmage. All that matters is whether or not the coach and team accomplish their goal for that practice.

Coaches try to accomplish a few things during a scrimmage. They try to run certain plays without really mixing in too many things. We looked good in Perry County the other night. Does that mean we'll beat Hillsboro? Never know.

There's one thing this year that Hickman County has that they haven't had in a long time, a chance. The players and fans know it. The past has been forgotten since it doesn't matter. The future is what matters!

This is trully a rebuilding year. Not just a team losing a QB or having to find new linemen. We have new schemes, new uniforms, new attitudes, new everything.

So, all you folks that don't live here can have your opinion about Bulldog football. It just doesn't matter what your opinion is because we back our team and our coach. Yeah, that's right, the Dawgs are OUR team.

When Lewis Co. rolls into Centerville this year it's going to be a little different than in years past. The whole county is excited by our revamped football team. The kids are feeling confident about the changes coach Swenson has brought to our program and we look forward to what we believe will be a turning point in our program. The past is the past and you better believe that you will see a totally different team and attitude when the new breed of dawgs take the field this year. DON'T KICK THE DOG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET BIT!!!!!!!

Edited by DC DAWG

When Lewis Co. rolls into Centerville this year it's going to be a little different than in years past. The whole county is excited by our revamped football team.  The kids are feeling confident about the changes coach Swenson has brought to our program and we look forward to what we believe will be a turning point in our program. The past is the past and you better believe that you will see a totally different team and attitude when the new breed of dawgs take the field this year.    DON'T KICK THE DOG IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET BIT!!!!!!!

825717101[/snapback]

That is HICKMAN NOT HICMAN my typo.

Ok, everyone is forgetting one very important thing: those previous games are scrimmages. It doesn't mean one thing to win or lose in a scrimmage. All that matters is whether or not the coach and team accomplish their goal for that practice.

Coaches try to accomplish a few things during a scrimmage. They try to run certain plays without really mixing in too many things. We looked good in Perry County the other night. Does that mean we'll beat Hillsboro? Never know.

There's one thing this year that Hickman County has that they haven't had in a long time, a chance. The players and fans know it. The past has been forgotten since it doesn't matter. The future is what matters!

This is trully a rebuilding year. Not just a team losing a QB or having to find new linemen. We have new schemes, new uniforms, new attitudes, new everything.

So, all you folks that don't live here can have your opinion about Bulldog football. It just doesn't matter what your opinion is because we back our team and our coach. Yeah, that's right, the Dawgs are OUR team.

825716879[/snapback]

Don't know what the score will be but this afternoon when I drove by the practice field and saw what looked like the whole field being taken up by bulldog players I got a warm fuzzy feeling all over and I know that our program is in the right hands and is headed in the right direction. Weight room revamped, Junior highs running the high school stuff, kids playing, freshman schedule, jv schedule, etc.etc etc. Thats alot done in a short time. People here are actually excited again and man, if you only knew how big that is. thumb

The itch has been scratched.

825720550[/snapback]

:ph34r: Dawgs 21 - Panthers 13 thumb

71% of you were wrong about this one. Maybe the Dawgs can keep the surprises going for a while. Sure feels good to be on the winning sideline for a change. Our boys were down 13-0 and hung in there and fought back for this win. We even gave up 2 fumbles to stall drives. The thrill is back. GO DAWGS!!!

Edited by duecedad