CA Dandy Dozen

spartans3

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.  West Memphis (AR)

3.  Germantown

Ok, so that leaves Olive Branch, Melrose, East, and Briarcrest...

825718966[/snapback]

Based upon East's last year results and what they have returning ... I think that they can be ruled out of either of the pre-season top two spots in the Dandy Dozen. The same can be said about Briarcrest. Pre-season it's Melrose and Olive Branch, with Melrose taking the top spot and O.B. getting #2. Too many D-1 prospects on the O.B. roster for them not to get the nod. Melrose had the #1 defense in the state last year, with most of those starters returning not to mention Mr. Cooper gobbeling up monster yardage. Add in the fact that Melrose missed being the state champs by 1 point only solidifies them as pre-season #1.

That's just my take on it.

kwc

2.  Olive Branch

1.  Melrose (FYI, OM is on the Melrose's helmets)

*Only off by one!*  HUAH.

825719715[/snapback]

Well....I guess it's time to strap it up and see how things play out. We've got Briarcrest, Whitehaven,East @ Christian Brothers right out the box We have to be ready to play or the ranking will be short lived. Let's get ready to rumble!!!! Good luck.

i definitely agree having melrose #1. that defense is going to be amazing once again. i do have a problem with some more things. Such as whitehaven and white station being so high and leaving east off the list. Whitehaven lost a lot and white station has to replace one of the cities top qbs in paul warner. East should be in because, if nothing else, their running back (cassius vaughn) and qb (cameron boga) both can run. they will be a toguh defeat this year. thats just my take.

1) melrose

2) olive branch

3) germantown

4) CBHS

5) west memphis

6) mus

7) collierville

8) ridgeway

9) east

10) white station

11) whitehaven

12) cordova