Knox News Sentinel names Alcoa #1 team in area

VitaVol

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the scoop on Central? Both polls have them listed highly this year. One has them ahead of my beloved Rebels. The Alcoa game is the one with the most hype, but Central by far has been the biggest challenge to the Rebels in recent seasons (yeah, yeah you could make a case for Morristown West to be the biggest rival...I know). Take away MHS and I bet Central has a couple of gold balls over the past 5 years or so.

What's Central packing this year?

central is packing a lot of something that has nothing to do with football if you know what i mean papa. central has helton and gaston, end of story. i dont think they are gonna do anything to talk about this year. but alcoa being ranked number one is a bunch of crap. i think maryville will beat them without a doubt, so that makes them the second best team after week 1. i hate to say this about another blount county team but i just hope alcoa goes up in flames this year. they have their heads so far in the clouds that it isnt even funny. id love to see them go 6-4 or 5-5 and just be terribly dissapointed. i cant stand it when teams are as cocky as they are, so i hope they just get pounded in every game, because they deserve it with how their players present themselves

.........and the murville fans show their true colors.

You people HATE Alcoa. All of you. I don't know why you even try to put on a show on these boards and act like you pull for Alcoa in games through the year or in the state tournament. I wish you all wouldn't be so fake on these boards. It's really an insult to see you murville fans act like you DON'T hate Alcoa.

Old or young, man or woman, you all hate Alcoa football.

You people HATE Alcoa.  All of you.  I don't know why you even try to put on a show on these boards and act like you pull for Alcoa in games through the year or in the state tournament.  I wish you all wouldn't be so fake on these boards.  It's really an insult to see you murville fans act like you DON'T hate Alcoa

825720176[/snapback]

Grow up!

You people HATE Alcoa.  All of you.  I don't know why you even try to put on a show on these boards and act like you pull for Alcoa in games through the year or in the state tournament.  I wish you all wouldn't be so fake on these boards.  It's really an insult to see you murville fans act like you DON'T hate Alcoa

825720176[/snapback]

this is hilarious ... no one hates a team as bad as you hate Maryville ... hoofy

Central is 3rd behind Oak Ridge and ahead of Maryville yet all the article talks about is the place kicker. I would hate to think my pre-season predictions rested on the shoulders of my kicker.

825720228[/snapback]

Their season did come down to a fieldgoal or two a couple of years ago didn't it? Seems like I vaguely recall a multiple overtime thriller...

But yeah, I'm with you on that one.

825720176[/snapback]

And no one at Alcoa, WB or Heritage hate Maryville right? Geez man chill! Your hate of Maryville and obsession with it is most unattractive.