Best Region in 5A football

thtruth

I'm really tired of the Williamson county school district thinking they are the best region in 5A football. I've had one person give examples why this district is better than 4-5A. Let's just compare the top three teams in each district. I believe Brentwood finished first in the Williamson county district last year followed by Franklin and Ravenwood. In district 4-5A, I believe it was Riverdale, Lebanon, and Smyrna. In regular season, I believe only Smyrna and Brentwood matched up. Smyrna beat them something like 31-13. That's yalls number 1 vs. District 4's number 3.

Let's compare records, Brentwood finished what 8-2 ( I really don't know for sure), Franklin finished 8-2 (Again, I'm really not sure), and Ravenwood finished 6-4 (Still I'm not sure). Riverdale 10-0 regular season (Closes game was Lebanon in my mind, I know because I was on the Riverdale side watching---score was no indication of the game), Lebanon went 8-2 (Lost only to Riverdale and Antioch--Lebanon gave that game away), and Smyrna (only loses to Riverdale and Lebanon, but beat Brebtwood silly). Wow!!!! What a comparison!!! That's Williamson county district 22-8 and district 4 26-4.

My bad!!! We should consider playoffs!!! Brentwood got beat in the 2nd round by Ravenwood. Who would later fall to Franklin in the 3rd round. Smyrna got beat 2nd round by Riverdale and Lebanon got beat by Cookeville (District 3-5A champ). We are on a collison course for a state championship meeting!!! The best between the rich boy region and those nationally ranked warriors!!! What was the final score in that 5A state championship. Was it 35-7 them warriors??? I believe so!!! Look for region 4-5A to be a little down this year, but I bet those warriors will compete in their 6th straight championship and WIN IT AGAIN!!!

Please compare districts!!! But leave out the sorry teams and just look at the best teams in the district!!! COMING TO A STADIUM NEAR YOU, A WARRIOR BUTT KICKING!!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

I'm really tired of the Williamson county school district thinking they are the best region in 5A football. I've had one person give examples why this district is better than 4-5A. Let's just compare the top three teams in each district. I believe Brentwood finished first in the Williamson county district last year followed by Franklin and Ravenwood. In district 4-5A, I believe it was Riverdale, Lebanon, and Smyrna. In regular season, I believe only Smyrna and Brentwood matched up. Smyrna beat them something like 31-13. That's yalls number 1 vs. District 4's number 3.

Let's compare records, Brentwood finished what 8-2 ( I really don't know for sure), Franklin finished 8-2 (Again, I'm really not sure), and Ravenwood finished 6-4 (Still I'm not sure). Riverdale 10-0 regular season (Closes game was Lebanon in my mind, I know because I was on the Riverdale side watching---score was no indication of the game), Lebanon went 8-2 (Lost only to Riverdale and Antioch--Lebanon gave that game away), and Smyrna (only loses to Riverdale and Lebanon, but beat Brebtwood silly). Wow!!!! What a comparison!!! That's Williamson county district 22-8 and district 4 26-4.

My bad!!! We should consider playoffs!!! Brentwood got beat in the 2nd round by Ravenwood. Who would later fall to Franklin in the 3rd round. Smyrna got beat 2nd round by Riverdale and Lebanon got beat by Cookeville (District 3-5A champ). We are on a collison course for a state championship meeting!!! The best between the rich boy region and those nationally ranked warriors!!! What was the final score in that 5A state championship. Was it 35-7 them warriors??? I believe so!!! Look for region 4-5A to be a little down this year, but I bet those warriors will compete in their 6th straight championship and WIN IT AGAIN!!!

Please compare districts!!! But leave out the sorry teams and just look at the best teams in the district!!! COMING TO A STADIUM NEAR YOU, A WARRIOR BUTT KICKING!!!!

Not meaning to pick on anybody, BUT I would have to say the toughest region in 5A would be a toss up between Region 2 and 4.

While regions 5 & 6 are good, the consistancy is not there right now. That is subject to change this year as region 5 is getting tougher and more consistant.

Region 1, lets be realistic and admit that DB is about the only team in that region who actually competes year after year.

Region 3 is usually a toss up between Lincoln County and now Cookeville.

Region 7 is usually Dickson I think.

Region 8 is usually Germantown. Hopefully they will get some real compitition there to prepare them for post season play.

As usual I am subject to being WRONG so it would be nice to actually hear the why I am wrong from other folks in these other regions.

Consistently over the past 3 or so years, yes, Region 6-5A has been the best region in the state. I'm sure Dickson County High School doesn't enjoy you calling the region the "Williamson County district" or refering to us as rich boys. In fact, I don't appreciate that.

Also, if you're going to make a point, please try to make it easily understood. It's quite hard to read and understand your post. Let me point out just a couple things that were incorrect about your post. The Brentwood/Smyrna contest was not the only matchup between Region 6 and Region 4. Franklin demolished Oakland and Riverdale defeated Dickson County. Ravenwood defeated Lavergne. Also, Ravenwood was the 4th seed out of Region 6-5A last year. I'm sure there are a few other mistakes I could point out.

Again, I do not question the greatness that is Riverdale. However, looking from top to bottom, Region 6 (yes, they are regions in football - not districts) has been stronger the past few year. Honestly though, one only has to look at the record ON the field AGAINST each other, and Region 6 holds the upper hand with a record of 9 wins and 5 losses over the past three years.

Consistently over the past 3 or so years, yes, Region 6-5A has been the best region in the state. I'm sure Dickson County High School doesn't enjoy you calling the region the "Williamson County district" or refering to us as rich boys. In fact, I don't appreciate that.

Also, if you're going to make a point, please try to make it easily understood. It's quite hard to read and understand your post. Let me point out just a couple things that were incorrect about your post. The Brentwood/Smyrna contest was not the only matchup between Region 6 and Region 4. Franklin demolished Oakland and Riverdale defeated Dickson County. Ravenwood defeated Lavergne. Also, Ravenwood was the 4th seed out of Region 6-5A last year. I'm sure there are a few other mistakes I could point out.

Again, I do not question the greatness that is Riverdale. However, looking from top to bottom, Region 6 (yes, they are regions in football - not districts) has been stronger the past few year. Honestly though, one only has to look at the record ON the field AGAINST each other, and Region 6 holds the upper hand with a record of 9 wins and 5 losses over the past three years.

825720143[/snapback]

Whoops!!! Somebody is wrong!!! Riverdale has played in 6 straight Championship games. Ravonwood was the number 3 seed because they played Gallatin the number 2 seed. Sorry, that is just how it goes. Someone needs to check their info. Last, the post just talked about the top three seeds of each region. Not the bottom feeders. Someone again needs to learn to read!!!

First of all, Franklin beat Brentwood in the quarterfinals of state last year. Brentwood beat Ravenwood in the second round, so neither of you are correct if you wanna start pointing out mistakes. Region 6 swept the frist round of state last year, dont believe region 4 can make that statement. Riverdale is the only solid team in region 4 year in and year out so you can say they are the best team in the state, but it does not make them the best region in the state.

Not meaning to pick on anybody, BUT I would have to say the toughest region in 5A would be a toss up between Region 2 and 4.

While regions 5 & 6 are good, the consistancy is not there right now.  That is subject to change this year as region 5 is getting tougher and more consistant.

Region 1, lets be realistic and admit that DB is about the only team in that region who actually competes year after year.

Region 3 is usually a toss up between Lincoln County and now Cookeville

Region 7 is usually Dickson I think.

Region 8 is usually Germantown.  Hopefully they will get some real compitition there to prepare them for post season play.

As usual I am subject to being WRONG so it would be nice to actually hear the why I am wrong from other folks in these other regions.

825720086[/snapback]

You want to go on consistancy. Id say region 6 has been the most consistant in the past 3 years, with both Franklin and Brentwood making it to the state semis in all three and both winning against Germantown, at G-town i migh add, and going to state. Brentwood beat Riverdale, and well Franklin just ran into them. Region 6 was one of the few regions to sweep the first round of the playoffs this year beating all four teams from region 5 so please tell me what is consistancy if that is not.

You want to go on consistancy.  Id say region 6 has been the most consistant in the past 3 years, with both Franklin and Brentwood making it to the state semis in all three and both winning against Germantown, at G-town i migh add, and going to state.  Brentwood beat Riverdale, and well Franklin just ran into them.  Region 6 was one of the few regions to sweep the first round of the playoffs this year beating all four teams from region 5 so please tell me what is consistancy if that is not.

825720223[/snapback]

OK, I admit I screwed up and meant region 6 instead of 5.

If you really want consistancy, how about the fact that R'dale has been there the last 5 years straight? Even won a couple of them. :lol:

Good job, you found one error in my post. Ravenwood was the 3rd seed. Clarksville was the 4th seed. And thanks ftballkicker for confirming that and making me look stupid... :lol:

Of course, this is coming from the same person who said that Riverdale had won two straight BCBs. So I'd much rather be wrong with playoff seeding than who won the freakin' Gold Ball.

And what does Riverdale making the state championship so many years in a row have to do with Region 4 being strong? Again, I do not question the quality program at Riverdale. I do question the strength top-to-bottom of Region 4.

And you say not to talk about the bottom feeders... I did not bring in former Region 6 bottom-feeders Henry County and Kenwood. Besides them though, you have to talk about everyone else. Centennial was a point away from the quarterfinals two years ago. Dickson County was one of the best teams in the state two years ago (and oh yeah, beat Riverdale at Riverdale). Ravenwood has been on the upswing since their start and proved it with their victory at Gallatin last year. Clarksville had one of the better QBs in the midstate last year and gave Region 6 another team to worry about. Brentwood and Franklin speak for themselves.

So therefore, again I say over the past three season, Region 6 is the BEST region in the state in Class 5A.

And what do you say about Region 6 having a record of 9-5 on Region 4 during those past three seasons?

Edited by FHSrebel27

And, one more thing. You're so high on Riverdale, right? Well, I am as well. They've got a great program over there. However, over the past three years, Riverdale is only 3-2 against Region 6. They've defeated Dickson County two of three times (though that one win was AT Riverdale... and, I have to ask, do we even include those three games since Dickson County is probably a bottom-feeder in your mind...). Brentwood defeated Riverdale in the state championship in 2002, and Riverdale defeated Franklin in 2004's BCB. So, what do you have to say about that?

The difference is that Riverdale is by far the best team in their region, where in Region 6-5A there are 3 or 4 teams each year that have a chance to win the region.

825720294[/snapback]

But it is really funny how region 4-5A's # 3 seed beat region 6-5A's #1 seed last season. By the way, Riverdale has won two state championships the last 5 years. They were even in all 5 of those. Lets think about this. How many state championships has region 6-5A won in the last 20 years (1). How many state championships has region 4-5A won in those same years. Riverdale I know has won 4 and Oakland 2. Oh boy,that is 6 to 1. Of course,I am talking about teams from the current alignment in regions.