Temple vs Sequatchie

bigbody1220

From what I saw, I thought Sequatchies run defense was really good, but how far is that gonna get ya against a passing team.  In order for Sequatchie to win they have to stop the pass. As for wearing us down, yeah we do have 20 players, but were in the best shape we could possibly be in.  I think itll be a good game, way closer than Whitwell played them.  Sequatchies offense wasnt very tricky, they ran the option about 20 times and we'll be ready for that.

The best shape you could possibly be in???  LOL 2nd qtr

Im not goin to say whos goin to win , but itll be close, count on that.

825721033[/snapback]

LOL ;)

I dont think their is any way that the Sequatchie defense can hold the Temple offense under 28 points. Plain and simple. Kevin Smithson is one of the best quarterbacks around, and has some pretty good recievers to throw to also. However i do think the crusaders defense will struggle. I think we will know who wins the game by which defense can get a timely stop. I take Temple in a offensive explosion 49-35.

825722003[/snapback]

Recievers you mean reciever #11 he get's in a little better shape he will be hard to stop! If Temple had 30+ players they will be hard to stop! At times he really impressed me! I could see him in a small DII school!

Im not goin to say whos goin to win this one, bc i just dont know.  But I think whoever does win will win by 1 td or less.

825723440[/snapback]

Stop throwing it out of bounds and you might have scored more than once!

The way a lot of people are talking Temple won't even get near that many points on the board. Since the game is supposed to be that horrific -- I think I'd be doing myself a favor and just stay home and save my money and my time.

825727597[/snapback]

Did you save your $6.00 a gallon in gas and stay home?

Temple you really have some talent on your team, you guys need to go down the halls and encourage those other 35 men to come out for football. Best of luck to you in the rest of the season............

Edited by SCHS#23

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ttajwb20 Posted Today, 05:04 PM

You have to understand, no temple player made any of those predictions at all.

Your QB did! "I'm not going to say whose going to win, but it will be 1 TD or less"

Just add 6 TD to the other side and he would have been right!!!

Calling Kevin a "sis" is pretty dumb. I guarantee 90% of Qbs woulda pulled themselves from the game after taking the hits he did. He never quit, even after getting a small concussion. Thats what happens when u play a big school who rotates people in and out and plays hard physical football. But i'm sure kevin will be fine the rest of the year.

825729871[/snapback]

Is he okay today?

Is he okay today?

825730691[/snapback]

Yeah Im good now. I would like to say to everyone from Sequatchie that yall are a good team, and no we couldnt play w/ yall bc of our numbers and your talent. I didnt have my best game ,and on here I did put my foot in my mouth and I admit that. The coverage that Sequatchie had was perfect and they came prepared. Add all the pressure coming from the inside and you have a heck of a problem offensively.

The reason I threw it out of bounds was bc I didnt want to get sacked for a loss, not bc I was scared. If I was scared I would have came out the first time I got hit not the 50th time i got hit and couldnt see straight.

Temple has to keep there heads up, we are still a good team despite a 48-8 loss. The only thing the 48-8 loss hurt was our pride and we can def. bounce back.

Insane Mexican: your from Grace , you have nothing to say to me.

Yeah Im good now.  I would like to say to everyone from Sequatchie that yall are a good team, and no we couldnt play w/ yall bc of our numbers and your talent.  I didnt have my best game ,and on here I did put my foot in my mouth and I admit that.  The coverage that Sequatchie had was perfect and they came prepared.  Add all the pressure coming from the inside and you have a heck of a problem offensively.

The reason I threw it out of bounds was bc I didnt want to get sacked for a loss, not bc I was scared.  If I was scared I would have came out the first time I got hit not the 50th time i got hit and couldnt see straight.

Temple has to keep there heads up, we are still a good team despite a 48-8 loss.  The only thing the 48-8 loss hurt was our pride and we can def. bounce back.

Insane Mexican: your from Grace , you have nothing to say to me.

825730790[/snapback]

I'm glad to hear your okay... Man you got some skill. Hang in there, you guys are gonna be great. Best wishes and good luck in the rest of the season.

Here are the stats for the game

Sequatchie County = 0 = 16 = 24 = 8 = 48

Tennessee Temple = 8 = 0 = 0 = 0 = 8

First Quarter

TT- Seth Skogen 56 pass from Kevin Smithson (Dee Newsom pass from Smithson); 3:20

Second Quarter

Seq. - Chase Whited 73 run (Brandon Lewis run); 5:42

Seq. - Justin Walden 1 run (Lewis run); 0:34

Third Quarter

Seq. - Whited 85 kickoff return (Quad Bain run); 11:45

Seq. - Walden 27 run (Lewis run); 5:14

Seq. - Curt Bureau 23 run (Lewis run); 0:00

Fourth Quarter

Seq. - Matthew Johnston 40 run (Jessie Cranmore run); 4:00

First Downs = SC, 12 = TT, 12

Rushes-Yards = SC, 33-350 = TT, 21-17

Passing = SC, 23 = TT, 235

Total Yards = SC, 373 = TT, 252

Comp-Att- Int. = SC, 2-12-0 = TT, 14-32-4

Punts-Avg. = SC, 5-30.0 = TT, 3-33.0

Fumbles-Lost = SC, 3-0 = TT, 1-1

Penalties-Yards = SC, 7-60 = TT 7-60

--------------------------

Rushing: Sequatchie Co. = Chase Whited 15-195, Justin Walden 5-50: Temple = Joey Skogen 7-23

Passing: Sequatchie Co. = Curt Bureau 2 of 12 23yds. 0 td, 0 int.: Templel = Kevin Smithson 13 of 31 235yds 1 td, 4 int.

Receiving: Temple = Seth Skogen 7 for 152 yards 1 td.

Other: Sequatchie Co. = Curt Bureau 2 Interceptions, Chase Whited 1 Interception, Cody Harmon fumble recovery.

-------------------------------------------------------------

One question who got the four Interception? Was it Lewis??

I have no problem with your point that respect is earned on the field not on message boards, that is true, and I am not even offended that you would call us a push over, that's fine, we are a young program trying to get established.  But I do think it is narrow to say that Sequatchie and SP are the ONLY quality teams we play.  Remember, we are a single A team, and Whitwell, Copper Basin have solid established even "quality" programs.  Ooltewah could get on here and say that YOU guys don't play any quality programs, after all you are playing Temple, Whitwell, South Pittsburg, Silverdale? (All single A) and not Ooltewah and the teams in their region.  I think it is apples to oranges.  Should Temple win, No we shouldn't, the pressure is on the Indians, not on Temple.

825722098[/snapback]

very true, smart post :D